Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#26 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MarianeSimms
I made some recolour with PhotoFiltre. When I downloaded it, it was free, I don´t know now.
http://www.photofiltre.com

There is still a free version. Add the plugIns and the program is almost like the Studio-version. I use it all the time - but I dont need (know how ) to work in layers, so it suits me fine, since Im "painting" my skins on the BMP directly.

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim Master
That is a good alternative, considering how terribly expensive photoshop is... (Just can't afford it!)

photoshop can bought for as low as $30. that's terribly expensive?
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
#28 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 9:10 PM
If you get lucky and find it used. New, it's more than $600. >That's< expensive.

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Test Subject
#29 Old 3rd May 2006 at 2:25 AM
I downloaded it, and I can't figure out how to recolor clothes correctly with it. Help?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#30 Old 3rd May 2006 at 10:02 PM
Have you used a program with layers? I suggest you go and do whatever tutorials are available for whatever program "it" is. Now I mean tutorials from the web, maybe from the site you got the program from. Just tutorials, do random stuff that will teach you how to use the features of your new graphics program. Once you have learned your way around the program, you should be able to do things in it that are very similar to what's covered in the tutorials here.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 4th May 2006 at 1:28 AM
hello,
is anyone concerned of this software having unwanted things attached (spyware or viruses) ?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#32 Old 4th May 2006 at 1:29 AM
Um, any major graphics editing software should be clean of spyware/viruses. Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, Paint.NET, Gimp, etc. are all fine as long as you get them from a reputable source (i.e. the manufacturer of the software).

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 4th May 2006 at 1:42 AM
hysterical do you have this download ?
Test Subject
#34 Old 10th May 2006 at 2:49 PM
I strongly recommend Artweaver! It is superb! You may do a lot of thing with it.You should check it out! Don't forget to download the plugins. It has a number of useful filters.

http://www.artweaver.de/index.php?en_version
Field Researcher
#35 Old 10th May 2006 at 8:30 PM
Does this program work better than Paint Shop Pro? I really like PSP, but I think there are things it can't do that Photo Shop can. Or maybe I just don't know how. Like better use of the lasso and magic wand.

Can't. Stop. Downloading.!!!
Test Subject
#36 Old 10th May 2006 at 11:48 PM
I have been using this program for about 6 months now. (give or take) This is a VERY good program. No, it probably isn't quite as good as Photoshop, but for free you can't beat it. I have both Paint.NET and Gimp on my computer and I prefer Paint.NET because the user interface is much easier to handle/ use. This program also does NOT come with any viruses or spyware. I have been using it to recolor clothing items with no problem, just need to know where to look for the various tools. If you have downloaded the program already, I strongly suggest you read through the help topics because it will give you an overview of what features it has and what they do. For those who want to know where to find the tool to recolor: Go to LAYERS>ADJUSTMENTS>HUE/SATURATION.

I suppose I might be able to whip up a quick tutorial on this, but I haven't done that on this site before. Should I start a new topic, maybe one to cover all Paint.NET tutorials? Anyway I have to get some screenshots so I will post it later tonight. Good luck everyone, I hope this software is what you have been lookin for.

If you like my stuff, please hit the Thanks button.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 11th May 2006 at 2:26 AM
wow! that would be great jud
thank you
retired moderator
#38 Old 11th May 2006 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by judithanndl
I suppose I might be able to whip up a quick tutorial on this, but I haven't done that on this site before. Should I start a new topic, maybe one to cover all Paint.NET tutorials? Anyway I have to get some screenshots so I will post it later tonight. Good luck everyone, I hope this software is what you have been lookin for.

I would be happy to stick a thread that started with tutorials or tricks for this program.

retired moderator
#39 Old 11th May 2006 at 10:16 PM
I wrote a tutorial on creating walls and floors using Paint.NET (which I know isn't making clothes or whatever, but the principles are very similar) - if you're completely inexperienced using it, it does show you how to do some basic functions (resize, recolour, select, copy-paste, etc.) using Paint.NET. You can find the tutorial under my profile.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#40 Old 16th May 2006 at 5:53 AM
I'm sorry I forgot to let you guys know sooner, but I did post a recoloring tutorial for Paint.NET. It can be found here: http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=156916
And please don't hesitate to ask questions, I would be glad to help!

If you like my stuff, please hit the Thanks button.
Test Subject
#41 Old 24th May 2006 at 7:34 PM
fankoo dearest!! i'm new 2 creatin and you've made it really easy 4 me!! yay!!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 25th May 2006 at 8:18 PM
I really recomend this program its awsome!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 27th May 2006 at 3:28 PM
Is there a blur feature on this paint.net cuz i cant find it and it need to use it.

Dont forget to thank, it makes people feel better to know that you appreciate their hard work :)
retired moderator
#44 Old 27th May 2006 at 11:42 PM
Heh, um, Paint.NET does have several filters under the Effects menu. Effects - Blurs. Alternately, one could just resize an image in it without sharpening right after....

But that last bit is just me being cheeky.

Lab Assistant
#45 Old 28th May 2006 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Faylen
If you get lucky and find it used. New, it's more than $600. >That's< expensive.

nope, the $600 photoshop is the newest Photoshop CS. CS is mainly for graphic artists and people who know photoshop inside and out.
you can buy Photoshop Elements for $30...and it still does everything a skinner would need.
Test Subject
#46 Old 31st May 2006 at 1:21 AM
LOVE Paint.Net!! I can open a new file and import all textures, trims, etc. I need for making a particular outfit. Can create my own original touches as well on this page. Then I cut, copy & paste to my Sim's texture file. Like having a work table with all your "supplies" at your fingertips! You can probably do this with other programs, I don't know. This is the only editing program I've had experience with. I also like being able to create original textures and fabrics when I can't find one I'm looking for. I think anyone would be pleased with this program.
retired moderator
#47 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 12:30 AM
Well, just for ha-has, I dl'd the trial of PS Elements. Yeah, it has most of the basic tools. It's missing a lot of the stuff that I use, but could make decent skins. Some of the tools are under different menus, some are not as finely adjustable. So I suppose that if you wanted to buy something. . .

Page 2 of 2