Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 9:07 PM
Default pre-made vs game-made
at start of game some characters start out pregnant.
this thread is to be about whether the offspring from those pregnancies are pre-made characters or game-made characters.

the pregnant characters::
-base game: Brandi Broke, Pascal Curious
-Pets expansion: Sarah Crittur
-Seasons expansion: Samantha Ottomas
-Apartment Life expansion: Ana Patel
I do not count Olivia Monty as pregnant.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 9:10 PM
I guess they'd technically count as premades, right?? But there's still a degree of randomness to it.. it's kinda like how some townies like Kaylynn are more like premades than townies since they have a preset personality & role in the storyline, but the other way around, since they're part of pre-made families but with no fixed name, gender, personality or anything. I hope that makes sense...
Alchemist
#3 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 9:29 PM
I wouldn't count them as premades since nothing about them is set in stone (except Brandi's child, if the father is unlinked). It would be different if Sim pregnancies were like real pregnancies, and we all ended up with the same Ottomas twins, like everyone gets the same Darren Dreamer.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 11:17 PM
In the Sims 2 for the PSP, Pascal Curious's alien son is named Tycho. But since there he was also kidnapped by Vidcund (???) for experiments (???!!!) I don't consider that canon.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#5 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 6:58 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 10th Oct 2018 at 11:51 AM.
I never really thought about this before, but maybe there are more categories, more terms needed to describe them. I'd say that Samantha is pre-made, maybe the first babies are "game-generated," but any babies born in-game that come after that may be "player-generated." That leaves CAS sims to be "player-created," or "player-made," perhaps. Someone has probably written a thesis on this somewhere.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 7:24 AM
I've never used (or seen!) the term "game-made" before. I thought the main distinctions were "premade sims," "CAS sims," and "born-in-game sims." I would consider all sims born in game to be, well, born in game. Regardless of if the pregnancy was set by the devs beforehand or not.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 7:51 AM
born-in-game
as @Rosaywn says.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 9:12 AM
This is an argument about semantics, it's completely dependent on how you define the terms. If the babies don't fit either definition you need another term.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 11:50 AM
Well, a couple of years back jojoa777 accepted Pascal's baby as a premade Sim in her "tournament" to find the most popular premade Sim. (Somebody asked if he/she was eligible.) So I reckon I accept these Sims right to call themselves "premade" if that's important to them. But they're definitely born in game too. So I think both terms can apply.

In my own game Pascal's child is still a toddler, so I'm sure he's not bothered about whether he's premade or not. We (i.e. Pascal and I) decided to call him Titus, so I guess I must have heard about the name Tycho somewhere, and thought a "T" name was appropriate. Brandi's baby isn't even born yet! (I haven't played Pleasantview that far yet!)

Even as a dyed in the wool Veronavillian, it came as a complete surprise to learn that Olivia Monty (Mercutio's and Romeo's mother) was pregnant when she died. But then I really don't go in for resurrection. I prefer to look after my living Sims (keeping them safe from the Grim Reaper) and leave the dead to rest in peace.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 7:38 PM
my inspiration for this thread was kind of 2 picture threads. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=482729 http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=514374

Olivia Monty; the wikia site tells that her pregnancy is just a mesh.
when I checked her memories in SimPE, she at first did not a pregnancy controller.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
my inspiration for this thread was kind of 2 picture threads. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=482729 http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=514374

I'd put pictures of the preset pregnancy babies in the second thread; I see the first thread as more about sims we can recognize, since we've all seen them before. The appearances of Baby Broke, etc are not set, and in the case of all but Baby Broke even the gender is random.