Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 12:13 PM
Default How can I put color this side?
I wanna put color these red line sides like red circle area(attached picture).
Somebody please tell me what kind hack or cheats can do this function.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 5:18 AM
The circled spot is a platform, it acts like a very low wall and you can place wallpaper on it with CAST tool like other wall. Platform is amazing.

However, what you show on the left is the actual thickness of the floor (and wall) and it offers that generic gray color. I have been looking for mods to change that color to something darker but I haven't seen any. So your short answer is no, you cannot change that color. Platform is ok.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Scholar
#4 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 6:05 AM
Tomomi, it's actually true that you can color the thickness of the floor. It's really fiddly to get the right angle so that you can click on it, but it works just like any other recolorable item once you successfully grab it. The color's sort of muddy, though, in my experience: no neon floor edges.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
Tomomi, it's actually true that you can color the thickness of the floor. It's really fiddly to get the right angle so that you can click on it, but it works just like any other recolorable item once you successfully grab it. The color's sort of muddy, though, in my experience: no neon floor edges.

Show me how. I am trying again and honestly there is no way to get that CAST tool to react to it.

Alchemist
#6 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 6:37 AM
I read somewhere that you can CASt the floor thickness, but the pattern will come out blurry. There's a trick to work this around, but the thread I read it about is very old and I don't remember about it anymore.

Just call me Nikel
Instructor
#7 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 7:19 AM
The edge of a floor CAN be CaSTed. It is always super bright, so you have to darken it tons to usually get it to match. It covers the edge of a floor for an entire layer, so you have to balance when the edge of the floor is seen both exterior and interior, or just sacrifice one for the other. I tend to go for the exterior.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 7:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cutsocks
The edge of a floor CAN be CaSTed. It is always super bright, so you have to darken it tons to usually get it to match. It covers the edge of a floor for an entire layer, so you have to balance when the edge of the floor is seen both exterior and interior, or just sacrifice one for the other. I tend to go for the exterior.

I am more interested in how to do it. I have been trying 30 min that there is no way I can edit the thickness of the floor or the thickness of the wall (looking from top view).

Alchemist
#9 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 7:43 AM
Found the tutorial about it: http://www.modthesims.info/article.php?t=498915

Just call me Nikel
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#11 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 1:15 PM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 12th Sep 2015 at 1:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Found the tutorial about it: http://www.modthesims.info/article.php?t=498915
Thanks, nikel, I was just about to post a link to my excellent tutorial.
Ah, and thanks for reminding me of this, because I could edit a few things and add some additional advice after having done this now for countless times.

ETA: The second pic in the original post by flofco shows a platform actually, plus a dark grey coloured floor tile edge underneath. If you look closely you can see that there are two different textures, the platform side on top, which is a regular wallpaper, and the floor tile edge, which is slightly brighter and grainier and done by using CASt on that edge and based probably on the same wallpaper preset but darkened a lot.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#12 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 11:07 PM
Moving to Create > Build Mode.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
dodgy builder
#13 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 1:18 PM
I wonder if the problem of the OP has to do with light. Sometimes I find walls hidden or bugged this dark. I sometimes fix it slightly with debug lights. You can use the cheat "buybebug on" it opens an extra catalogue in buy. You will find the lights as almost without icons in miscellaneous I think.
Scholar
#14 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
I read somewhere that you can CASt the floor thickness, but the pattern will come out blurry. There's a trick to work this around, but the thread I read it about is very old and I don't remember about it anymore.

@nikel23

If you back out of the game, and then come back, the floor's edge will no longer be blurry.

One of the ways I avoid the blurriness is to CASt the pattern I've chosen onto a free-standing wall,
make my adjustments on that wall, and then drag that CASt onto the side of the floor. It usually stays clear that way.

If it isn't quite the colour I want, or if it's too light or too dark, I make those adjustments on the wall.

But again...if it blurs, I just Save and Quit, and restart. The blur will be gone.