Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 10:27 AM
How do I build a house in the Sims 3?
Ok, so I realise that this is such a noob question, but I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to build a house!! Is there a create a house icon I'm not seeing? or do I have to open an existing house and kill off the inhabitants and bulldoze the lot?

Help!

thanks!!

Dragonsinger
Advertisement
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 3:23 PM
Click on options, from there you should see an icon that says "Edit town", click on that. Next you will see all of these little bubbles above the lots that have either a bench (community) or a house (residential) click on it. You will be zoomed into the lot and you can start building!

Note: When you save, you have to go back by clicking on the button that looks like a city, click on options and click on save in that menu. You can't save while in an actual lot

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 3:55 PM
Many many thanks!!!! It's been driving me nuts

Dragonsinger
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 8:42 AM
OH THIS HELPED ME A LOT!!

Here I am so excited to finally saved enough $$ to get Sims 3 and I can't figure out how to build a house.

THANK YOU!