Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 1:47 AM
Default The Sims 4, Origin, and external hard drives
Hi guys.
My 14 year old niece is a fellow simmer but not on the forums and she's having issues. She has a computer that does not have much internal hard drive space, to the point where she cannot even load Origin onto her machine with out running out of space (basically her entire hard drive was taken up when Windows 10 loaded upon setup). She has a digital copy of TS4 and a disc copy of Cats & Dogs. I don't know much about external hard drives because I've never reached this point, but how do they work with the game only being accessible in Origin? Is there a way to play without Origin being involved?

I'm sorry if this seems like a weird question, but I have met some pretty smart people on these forums during my years here, so this was the first place I thought of.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 9:40 AM
Sent you PM's
Scholar
#3 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 4:11 PM
You be surprised, that you can possibily free up to 10gig or more of Win10 Temporary files by going to Settings, search for Adminstrative Tools then select Disk Cleanup then press the Clean Up System Files box, Windows 10 creates so many temporary files on setup, and especially major updates, then leaves them there, in case you ever to decide to Rollback, but it's very unlikely anyone would want to.
Inventor
#4 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
You be surprised, that you can possibily free up to 10gig or more of Win10 Temporary files by going to Settings, search for Adminstrative Tools then select Disk Cleanup then press the Clean Up System Files box, Windows 10 creates so many temporary files on setup, and especially major updates, then leaves them there, in case you ever to decide to Rollback, but it's very unlikely anyone would want to.

^ also this.
But you can free up even more space with Disk Cleanup. Recently I used this, and freed up over 31 GB with this.