Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 5:00 AM
Default Graham's Pet Shop
I am building a pet themed lot. I know the limited edition of Pets EP included a download for Graham's Pet Shop, including a new npc register. I know it was broken, then fixed. I know that for a while, everyone with either version of Pets received the Pet Shop when they registered the Pets EP. All of this info is so 2011. What is the status now? Does the register still work? Does anyone who registers the EP still get the Pet Shop as a download from the store? Thanks!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 2:57 PM
IIRC the Pet Shop was a preorder bonus, so if I really am remembering correctly then no. It will not be available any longer.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 5:25 PM
I seem to remember getting an e-mail saying they were giving the limited edition items to everyone so they would give those of us who were supposed to have it some awful painting instead.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 6:15 PM
I pre-ordered Pet but do not recall getting the pet shop. Could be mistaken though

One of our members at NRaas, littlelambsy, has a cute little 10x15 pet shop in downloads At Her Simple Minded Sims Blog

Ruby's Home Design has a download for her Graham's Pet Swap Shop Makeover
Field Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 10:36 PM
oh golly,what a wonderful build. Not over complicated,simple,but definately not shabby. I am taking It. Thanks for sharing the link. :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 4:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
I am building a pet themed lot. I know the limited edition of Pets EP included a download for Graham's Pet Shop, including a new npc register. I know it was broken, then fixed. I know that for a while, everyone with either version of Pets received the Pet Shop when they registered the Pets EP. All of this info is so 2011. What is the status now? Does the register still work? Does anyone who registers the EP still get the Pet Shop as a download from the store? Thanks!

I tried to redownload it with the shop about 6 months ago and it did not come with the shop. But............... I sent you a PM.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 5:08 AM
I was hoping it is still available, so I can put it in my new lot and people can still get it. I guess that was too much to ask of EA- thanks EA.

It was available with the Limited Edition, which was only available with a preorder. Of course, stores still carried the LE long after release. Then when you registered the LE version, the pet shop appeared in your purchase history, like any other registration prize. There was a mix up, with many not getting the pet shop, so EA gave it to everyone who registered the game. This was years ago, and their generosity clearly has a deadline. Thanks for all your replies!

New at Simszoo
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 9:47 AM
Most of these LE and pre-order items have always had a deadline and I am not too sure about registration rewards either. It's quite possible that you won't receive anything at all anymore if you happen to get hold of an untouched copy of a pre-ordered or LE version of any EP now.
For a while there was a workaround by entering the direct download link for these items, but this doesn't work anymore for special reward items. These direct links that can be obtained from the official forums in the Store Discussions section now only work for those sets that are already registered to your account. I am still a bit bitter about the fact that I didn't register my copy of Pets immediately.
Scholar
#9 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 11:01 PM
If you want a work around, you can use the Savvy Seller Collection or Ani's Savvier Seller to sell the minor pets and pet supplies by putting them on the rugs and you can download NRAAS' Consigner to sell kittens and puppies through the consignment store.
Instructor
#10 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 7:33 PM
@attuned

Way late to the party, but if what you're interested in is the pets-related functions of the register and not the other items that come with the limited edition pet shop, this might be useful. Set the scripting class to Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Register.PetstoreRegister in step 3, and it should work, since all the needed code and XML have been patched into the game already.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 9:30 PM
I bought the pet shop from the Sims 3 store, for actual money. Not as a pre-order. There was no register in it, so I never use it. I think I saw a register in Edit town build mod tho'.

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 7:14 AM
Thanks @Butterbot ! That is a brilliant suggestion. I have the limited edition of Pets, and so have the pet shop. I am currently building a pet shop, and I wanted to know if the pet shop was still available for everyone, so I would know whether to include the pets register or not. Sadly, it is not, so no register for my pet shop.

@Emmett Brown -The pets register is of limited use anyway, since you can only buy pet stuff, not the pets themselves. It works like the other registers in TS3, buy> menu> order> stuff appears in your inventory- not too exciting. However, the pet shop was buggy, so it is possible yours was missing and can be replaced by the one in the community section of edit town.

New at Simszoo