Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 4:26 PM
The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Empty Neighbourhoods :(
First of all hello everybody, nice to meet you, my name is Alicia and I'd like to ask for some help with my TS2 Ultimate Collection. When I go to Downtown (Nightlife's neighbourhood) it is COMPLETELY empty, no buildings. Only empty lots. Same with Twikkii Island. I tried to delete the game and then to install it again but nothing happened. Do you think that could be a bug or maybe it's just me that I can't use it? Did anybody have my same experience? I honestly don't know how to solve it
Thanks a lot for your help
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 4:33 PM
Hi, Alicia. Welcome.

You say these places are empty when you go to them. I'm curious. How did you get Twikkii Island? Was it by using the map to create a new main neighborhood, or by choosing it as one of the vacation sub-hoods?

AKA. Anora Acadian
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kerri191
Hi, Alicia. Welcome.

You say these places are empty when you go to them. I'm curious. How did you get Twikkii Island? Was it by using the map to create a new main neighborhood, or by choosing it as one of the vacation sub-hoods?

I chose it as one of the vacation sub hoods, it's so strange
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 4:44 PM
Hi, Alicia! I can't help you at all, but I'm really happy you're here!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kyliebutera
I chose it as one of the vacation sub hoods, it's so strange

Brand-new install? Had you played any of the main hoods at all before encountering the problem? Or even just a custom one you made? Or downloaded maybe...

AKA. Anora Acadian
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kerri191
Brand-new install? Had you played any of the main hoods at all before encountering the problem? Or even just a custom one you made? Or downloaded maybe...

It's a brand new install, I played one of the main hoods (honestly I don't remember which one) then I tried to go to Downtown by organizing a date with another sim, then once there I discovered it was empty
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kyliebutera
It's a brand new install, I played one of the main hoods (honestly I don't remember which one) then I tried to go to Downtown by organizing a date with another sim, then once there I discovered it was empty

First thing I'd try if it were me is to create a blank main hood from one of the templates. Attach the default downtown. And open that to see how it looks in neighborhood view. If it's blank, I'd probably reinstall as I'd take that to mean a bad installation. I think the default downtown actually has quite a few buildings in it. I've only used it once. Years ago.

AKA. Anora Acadian
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 6:42 PM
Very odd. You can try this, it is usually what you have to do when no neighborhoods show up to choose from when you start, but it might just solve your issue as well.

You need to open regedit (Window+R) and open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SOFTWARE

For 32 - Bit : Find EA GAMES folder and open the sims 2... change the Display Name... Delete the â„¢ out...

For 64- Bit : Open Wow6432Node then.. Find EA GAMES folder and open the sims 2... change the Display Name... Delete the â„¢ out...

Before it's should look like this : The Sims 2â„¢ Ultimate Collection

After : The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jules1111
Very odd. You can try this, it is usually what you have to do when no neighborhoods show up to choose from when you start, but it might just solve your issue as well.

You need to open regedit (Window+R) and open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SOFTWARE

For 32 - Bit : Find EA GAMES folder and open the sims 2... change the Display Name... Delete the â„¢ out...

For 64- Bit : Open Wow6432Node then.. Find EA GAMES folder and open the sims 2... change the Display Name... Delete the â„¢ out...

Before it's should look like this : The Sims 2â„¢ Ultimate Collection

After : The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

I wouldn't encourage people to make registry changes unless you know exactly what you're trying to help with... This is a minor change but a person who doesn't know better could end up messing up their entire installation, or worse, their entire system.

Alicia, could you please elaborate on what "empty" exactly means? I understand that the lots don't have any buildings on them in neighbourhood view? Or in-game? I'm going to assume that you haven't installed clean templates, maybe you could fix your issue by installing them? Installing the clean hoods is pretty much a must to avoid corruption anyway. https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html