Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 6:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I CANNOT locate TS2 Body Shop on my computer (I have UC)
Hey guys!

I have an extremely frustrating problem. I have the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, which I got from Origin for free sometime in 2014, (although I have been playing for over 10 years now). Lately, I remembered "Hey, what about Body Shop? I wanna test again after a long time, make some recolors and other stuff". Okay, this is where the problems begin.

There is no Body Shop on my computer, and I don't know why.

I have searched for an answer for way longer than I'd like to admit, and the one "solution" I manage to find everywhere does not work. I seem to find people saying "yes you do have it, you just have to dig a little for it - it is in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin". Okay fine, but I only have the files up to "The Sims 2 Ultimate" etc. and I do not have a "Fun with Pets" -folder, no "SP9" -folder, no "CSBin". I have also searched the computer itself thoroughly using words like "body shop", "bodyshop", "ts2bodyshop.exe" and other variables. It most certainly does not exist. I figured, can I download one? Well, problem #1: all the sites look very untrustworthy, problem#2: everywhere I go, these same instructions pop up.

I am literally almost about to cry out of pure frustration. Does anyone know what is going on here?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 6:59 PM
Are you certain you're looking in your program files and not your documents folder? And if yes, what kind of folders are in the Sims 2 UC folder you're looking at? Maybe you can post a screenshot.

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#3 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 7:00 PM
That seems strange, you might have to re-install the game or do a repair on it, I don't know how serious this is but I think you need the files inside Ultimate Collection. And yes, don't download body shop from other sites, I did once but it just ended up giving my computer a fight, also that that body shop doesn't export stuff to the game.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 7:28 PM
You won't be able to get it as a separate download (except for a very early version which doesn't work with the later EPs properly) and that's because it's part of the game. It seems odd that it's not installed. You could try right-clicking on the game icon in Origin and choosing 'repair' (if the option is there) or check that it really isn't installed by checking in the 'Programs installed' or 'Apps and Features' list in your computer settings (depends which version of Windoze you have).

The file is called TS2BodyShop.exe - at least it is with the disks version of the game. Sorry, I don't have the UC installed.

Also, moved to Help since it's the proper place for it and you might get more help there.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Not actually evil.
#5 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 7:46 PM
I have UC and my BodyShop is in the Fun With Pets folder (don't use M&G, Fun With Pets is treated as newer by UC)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin\TS2BodyShop.exe

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheFlyingRaccoon
Are you certain you're looking in your program files and not your documents folder? And if yes, what kind of folders are in the Sims 2 UC folder you're looking at? Maybe you can post a screenshot.

I second this. If there isn't a "fun with Pets" folder, you're looking in Documents, not Program Files. (Depending on your Windows OS - I have Win7, so I'll give instructions for that, shouldn't be too different for 8/10)

Click on the start menu, then "Computer" and "OS (C: )", OR open any folder and click on the Computer + OS to the left. Then click "Program Files (x86)", EA GAMES, Origin Games, The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, Fun with Pets, SP9, and finally "CSBin".

(From the wiki: )
To make a shortcut for Bodyshop:
1. Go to C:/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Fun with Pets/SP9/CSBin
2. Right-click on TS2Bodyshop.exe and click Create Shortcut.
3. Drag the shortcut to your desktop, or wherever you want it, and rename it if you like.
(my version of Windows 7 won't let me create shortcuts in this direction, but asks if I want to make a shortcut on the desktop instead - click "yes" to this)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 9:34 PM
Default Found It.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I second this. If there isn't a "fun with Pets" folder, you're looking in Documents, not Program Files. (Depending on your Windows OS - I have Win7, so I'll give instructions for that, shouldn't be too different for 8/10)

Click on the start menu, then "Computer" and "OS (C: )", OR open any folder and click on the Computer + OS to the left. Then click "Program Files (x86)", EA GAMES, Origin Games, The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, Fun with Pets, SP9, and finally "CSBin".

(From the wiki: )
To make a shortcut for Bodyshop:
1. Go to C:/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Fun with Pets/SP9/CSBin
2. Right-click on TS2Bodyshop.exe and click Create Shortcut.
3. Drag the shortcut to your desktop, or wherever you want it, and rename it if you like.
(my version of Windows 7 won't let me create shortcuts in this direction, but asks if I want to make a shortcut on the desktop instead - click "yes" to this)

I have no words. I was certain I was in the right place but I was so wrong. I do know the difference between these two locations (Documents and Program Files), but I guess I just got too frustrated, too fast. I used your directions (I also have Win7) step by step, excruciatingly slowly, and finally found my way. THANK YOU TIMES A ZILLION. :lovestruc Now, I shall see if it actually works, too. I also pinned the file location just in case. :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 9:36 PM
My unlimited thanks to you all who helped me! I'm kind of new (I have never posted anything here, even though I have been here for years and years downloading all things MaxisMatch), so sorry for posting this in the wrong place. I was desperate. Anyway, thanks again all of you! <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
That seems strange, you might have to re-install the game or do a repair on it, I don't know how serious this is but I think you need the files inside Ultimate Collection. And yes, don't download body shop from other sites, I did once but it just ended up giving my computer a fight, also that that body shop doesn't export stuff to the game.

Luckily I didn't have to re-install everything... O__O Oh, really? I don't really see the point in those downloadable BodyShops, if they can't export to the game. The whole point is kind of lost there, in my opinion. Oh well.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 10:23 PM
In 99% of cases, a reinstall isn't necessary, and is the absolute last thing to try. On my current laptop and on my desktop computer I've only ever installed once for each of them, every issue I've had have been fixable in other ways (they're 6 and 9 years old respectively, and I've had the game installed on both within the first week of owning them. I do have the CD versions of the games, though). Even if you want to do a clean swipe of your game and start over, a reinstall is not needed. It's only a bunch of work, and rarely solves problems.

The main reasons for a reinstall would be major game corruption where the install files have been corrupted (rarely happens as long as you don't do any of the nopes, such as messing with Crumplebottom or the other Object NPCs), or if reinstalling because of a computer factory reset (or similar), or if there are clear issues with the game that could only come from a borked install. The UC may be a bit more troubly (Origin updates have been known to make a mess of things, and people have had various issues with the UC), but as long as it's not corrupted or accidentally uninstalled, the same rules probably applies.

Downloadable versions of bodyshop could be filled with viruses and whatnots, depending on where you're downloading it from. Some of them can possibly be the ancient beta version released before the basegame, and that verson is borked by default, and isn't really compatible with the game at all.