Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 1:24 AM Last edited by chocoberrychoco : 1st Jan 2018 at 4:18 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons
Default CC Skin Doesn't Affect Female Lips
This might be a small problem but whenever I try changing a sim's skin into a custom one, the lips stay the same, but only for female sims. Male sims get awesome detailed ones, but the female ones are stuck with the ugly ea lips. All my graphics are as high as they can be. I have a few pictures.

A male and female sim with i-like-teh-sims's Candy Crush Marshmellow skin
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Same sims but with their skin changed to Kurasoberina's Primer skin
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Same two but with Neiuro's Mango Smoothie skin.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

I'm guessing this is what the lips are supposed to look like as this is how they were advertised
Candy Crush
Primer
Mango Smoothie

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 1:29 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions or is anyone else also experiencing this problem?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 1:32 AM
My guess is that the CAS sims are wearing lipstick. If you take a good look at the female dark-skinned sim, you can clearly see the lips are too bright to be part of the skin. For the lighter skinned sims, the lipstick has a different shape than the lips.

Solution: Remove lipstick.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 2:01 AM Last edited by chocoberrychoco : 16th Jan 2018 at 2:26 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
My guess is that the CAS sims are wearing lipstick. If you take a good look at the female dark-skinned sim, you can clearly see the lips are too bright to be part of the skin. For the lighter skinned sims, the lipstick has a different shape than the lips.

Solution: Remove lipstick.

Thanks for the response, but I've made sure that none of them were wearing lipstick. When they wear lipstick, there's a tiny red line you can see. I have a few images of someone with cc skin wearing lipstick and without
Without lipstick

With default lipstick color

With black lipstick so as to see the thin red line more clearly (Look really closely at the top lip)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 3:23 AM
Still looks like lipstick/makeup to me. There might be some kind of overlay at work, either in another makeup category or some makeup item thinking it's supposed to put itself on all female sims. Have you tried pulling out all downloads except skins?

It's possible female sims have a sticky ingame overlay. I've tried finding some pictures, and the female sims in my game looked to be wearing some kind of darker overlay on their lips, even seemingly without other makeup. My game was nearly CC-free, so it's possible it's an ingame thing.

Edit: possible fix? http://modthesims.info/d/396676
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Still looks like lipstick/makeup to me. There might be some kind of overlay at work, either in another makeup category or some makeup item thinking it's supposed to put itself on all female sims. Have you tried pulling out all downloads except skins?

It's possible female sims have a sticky ingame overlay. I've tried finding some pictures, and the female sims in my game looked to be wearing some kind of darker overlay on their lips, even seemingly without other makeup. My game was nearly CC-free, so it's possible it's an ingame thing.

Edit: possible fix? http://modthesims.info/d/396676

It works! Thank you so much!