Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 1:13 AM
Default re-categorizing sims3pack files
How do I re-categorize CC that are in sims3pack format. I am using sims3pack files now to install in my game after finding out that many several .package files can slow down the game. I have to re-categorize because EA doesn't know what's for formal or not, etc.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 10:11 AM
If you're talking about Sim3pack you have installed in your game, like Store-stuff, You can make them just as you would Default Replace an ingame CASpart.
The difference is that you will have to decompress a copy of the Sims3pack first, then make into package with Delphys Multi-installer.
After that you can open the package with S3PE and export the CASP.

I have used both tutorials from Whiterider:
Creating Default Replacements with CTU http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=404764
Cloning EP (or custom) content with CTU (and S3PE) http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=414124
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 6:56 PM
Hi thanks for helping but that's not what I mean.

I want to recategorize the store stuff in their sims3pack file format, not have another replacement file for them. As I have said, I don't want too many .package files because it slows the game down. I would like to know how to re-categorize them in their sims3pack format, without having to have another .package file.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jeannie4414
Hi thanks for helping but that's not what I mean.

I want to recategorize the store stuff in their sims3pack file format, not have another replacement file for them. As I have said, I don't want too many .package files because it slows the game down. I would like to know how to re-categorize them in their sims3pack format, without having to have another .package file.

When the Sims3Packs are installed, they are bundled together into larger file in your DCCache folder (usually ending with .dbc or .ebc). You can open these with S3PE and recategorize them there. Just backup your DCCache folder first (otherwise, if you mess something up, you'll have to install everything again). The .dbc files will open fine in S3PE but you may have to run any .ebc files through the Recompressor from MATY (they just need fixing, so you can run with the -fd switch).
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15129.0.html
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 2:42 PM
Is it possible to recategorize using s3pe? I made another thread about it before, and they don't know how to do it. Perhaps you know, will you be able to teach me re categorize using s3pe?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 5:09 PM
Tutorial:Sims_3_Catalog_Reorganizationwiki

That is a tutorial on recategorizing using s3pe. You can edit any resources in your DCCache folder as simsample mentioned. You can either edit them directly or export them to create an override.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 6:21 PM
The link you gave me is for objects only I think. Is it also for clothing? It is a single sims3pack file that has many clothing inside it. Should I edit the sims3pack before installing it, or can I still edit it once it is installed.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#8 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 7:36 PM
You can do the same thing with clothing, just edit the CASP resource and the Clothing Category. You would install the sims3pack via the launcher first, then edit the DCCache files directly or export the CASP resource to create a new package to act as an override.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 9:08 AM
2. Select Grid (at bottom)

When I select a CASP part, the Grid button in not available, only the Hex.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#10 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 10:41 AM
An easier solution is to uninstall whatever it is you want to recategorize, then redownload the sims3pack. In TSRW, create a new project and Import the sims3pack you want to modify. Follow the cloning steps, and once you've created your new project, just go in and categorize whatever you see fit. Next export as a new sims3pack, and install.

You may or may not have to Decrapify the original sims3pack to get it to properly import in TSRW.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 7:06 PM
Just wondering, if the sims3pack file is a set, meaning it has not just one clothing, but a set of clothing in it, will it open in TSRW?