Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 5:33 PM
Default SimPE conversion question
Okay, I have the newest version of SimPE. I recently downloaded some lovely skins. I would really like to use them in my game. So I opened SimPE, ran the Scan Folders option, made all the files that were wrong EP compatible. SimPE informed me that every file was okay. Here's the clencher, only some of the files show up in my game and in BodyShop. After I converted them tried putting them all in my Saved Sims folder and then I tried putting them in my Downloads folder. Neither time do they show up. I also left the .bak files there and took them out. (I had asked if they were necessary and someone said no so I just dumped them).

Frankly, I don't understand why some of the files show up and some don't if SimPE says they are all okay. Any ideas? I am willing to manually open them all up in BodyShop and resave them (there aren't that many) but I can't even access them with it.

Thanks for your help.

Chelle
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 5:37 PM
Well the program isn't really clear on this, but you actually aren't supposed to convert skin tones, hair, make-up clothes, walls, floors, terrain etc. Basically anything made from the Bodyshop or homecrafter you DON'T convert. The only thing you should really be converting are recolors.

Those bak files are the originals, get rid of the converted ones and restore them from .bak to .package.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 12:49 AM
That's what got me confused. If I don't convert them they will show up? I will give that a try. So I just use them for objects? Cool.........I'll let ya know what happens.

Chelle