Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 4:44 PM Last edited by kewpie : 21st Mar 2019 at 3:56 PM.
Default (Found) WCIF: solution to plastic eye-blinding hair. Maybe a color wheel retexture?
Deleted my mods folder by accident. I thought I put everything back where it goes, but something major is missing. My hair s so slick and shiny. It almost looks like badly clayified TS4 hair. Something is amis.

I know I put in something to retexture hair. But when I look for retexture default replacements, there isn’t “one single” file that has all of the hairs. There’s at most one set per EP and SP. I 99% guarantee I fixed the shiny hair with a single download. Because I’d remember downloading a jillion hair retextures for every EP and SP that ever came. I am lazy and I don’t care enough about hairstyles to bother replacing all of them. I’d likely just download a few of my favorites.

My clues to what it was; It affected *all* my hair – cc too (both of them!)It made some of the styles a little too wispy thin, but you’d only notice that in CAS. It looked good in game.

So I’m thinking of two possible alternatives. Maybe there’s a retexture for the hair color palette replacer? Or maybe I downloaded an unflattering reshade preset and there’s too much of some filter effect that’s hitting the hairs the wrong way. This may be the case, because I installed a ts4 preset. I didn’t know reshade 3 couldn’t do reshade 2 presets. Had lots of trouble finding a TS3 specific preset. Since it was meant for ts4, it might explain why the hair texture looks so much like bad ts4 cc.

Any clues? I need help. My sims look like they went nuts with the pomade.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 10:09 AM
Could it be the ones listed in this thread? http://modthesims.info/t/591393
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 1:39 PM
Ooh those ARE nice. I wish I had all the store hairs, so I could use those!

I found the problem- it was the reshade. Everything looks great in game, but the settings make cas look terrible.