Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2013 at 5:51 PM
Default Posting a tutorial to MTS
I'm not really sure where I would actually post this question.

If you are familiar with the things that I make on here, it's usually custom foods whether they are custom meshes or recolors. Recently, I've been having a few MTS members asking for advice about creating simple custom food recolors. I noticed that there is only a "Custom Mesh" tutorial on the site. I tried to look for a tutorial on here when I first began making custom food recolors and I did not see one. Since there wasn't a tutorial available, I found TheNinthWave's tutorial on youtube. I technically learned most of the stuff that I know from his tutorial. I guess it is me who will make a food recolor tutorial available to the site. Anyway, I'm going to stop blabbering. I would like to know where I can upload my "Custom Food Tutorial". I've checked my tutorial for errors over 20 times. Does my tutorial have to go through critique like other uploads that are added to MTS?

Thanks! I await your responses.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Sep 2013 at 5:56 PM
Stick it in the general associated Q&A area (like where you just posted), and then poke a moderator about it - ideally, a supermoderator (purple name) or an administrator (red name) so they have powers to actually help you and don't have to poke someone else. We can then move it to the Tutorials area and make sure it's added to the wiki directory, after giving it a once-over. There's not really a tutorial-moderation process... as long as it looks halfway useful and accurate, we'll be happy to add it - I can count on one hand the number of times we've had to go, "Um, lovely effort, but... this is not a good tutorial." You've got more than a few brain cells to rub together, so you'll do fine.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Sep 2013 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Stick it in the general associated Q&A area (like where you just posted), and then poke a moderator about it. We can then move it to the Tutorials area and make sure it's added to the wiki directory, after giving it a once-over. There's not really a tutorial-moderation process... as long as it looks halfway useful and accurate, we'll be happy to add it - I can count on one hand the number of times we've had to go, "Um, lovely effort, but... this is not a good tutorial." You've got more than a few brain cells to rub together, so you'll do fine.

Thanks.