Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 7:50 PM Last edited by Littleuni126 : 22nd Jul 2017 at 8:07 PM.
Dead Sim Still Sending Mail
I'm not sure where to post this so please let me know if this is the wrong area
I'm doing a Wendigo roleplay-thing where a wendigo breeds with a human and then kills them (I have the extreme violence mod so murder is possible), which is pretty fun so far. My first baby just grew into a toddler and apparently her dad (who is dead if that wasn't obvious already) sent her a present.

It hasn't come in the mail yet (I'm not sure if her mom can open it for her so I might have to leave it there until she's old enough to grab it) but I'm super curious to see what it is. It's probably going to be a generic collectible or birthday card or something but I'm excited nonetheless. Has this ever happened to you guys?

EDIT: It arrived! Her mom was able to collect it. As expected, it was just a toy
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 11:10 PM
Dead sims can always send mail as they're still in the world. Unless you delete their urn/tombstone they'll be able to interact with your sims as normal (ish).
Theorist
#3 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Natashenka
Dead sims can always send mail as they're still in the world. Unless you delete their urn/tombstone they'll be able to interact with your sims as normal (ish).

.-. then what's the point of dying?
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 12:33 PM
One of my sims was widowed and his wife's ghost asked him out "can't get you out of my mind lately" "go on a date" and I was like "no this can't be" and it totally was and I laughed my butt off.

I've also had grandpa Hugh invite his grandkids out to festivals and they accepted. It was a hoot!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 9:50 PM
I really wish there was a trait (perhaps a reward trait) that made it so only sims with it could converse or interact with the dead. I'd much rather they functioned as they did in S1 and S2, and sims could maybe work towards occult knowledge or something of the like. They're just too accessible. I wonder if it can be modded...