Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#901 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 3:49 PM
Thank you very much for update this awesome mod!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#902 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 5:52 PM
Thank you so much, tedw! I love the menu idea too, though I definitely like custom heights. If you find a way to integrate both that would be amazing! For now, I'm just so appreciative that youv'e fixed the original mod. But I also am appreciative that you're working to improve it too. You're awesome!
Test Subject
#903 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 10:32 PM
and the updated neck slider script is there?
Scholar
#904 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tedw
I agree that gradual growth is probably lowest priority. Way before that is persistent heights that stay beyond aging up. I'm not sure how easy it is yet to do something so all teens are shorter by default, but I'd also put that above gradual growth.

I think the randomize height is currently broken too, but I'm having a hard time seeing consistent results to be sure. I've tried it several times and sometimes Sims appear to change, sometimes not, but it may be that certain Sims are just 'rolling' the same height multiple times in a row.

You're very welcome! If you downloaded the mod, please re-download the new version I just attached; I think I missed a file in the first upload. Probably wouldn't affect you if you only used the height slider, but just in case

I tested the "randomize height" and it seems to work.
I tested by doing "Delete all sims" in MC
I checked with the "Show/Search Sim Info Mod" that there were no sims more then the active household.
After some time new sims showed up. Some of them was of different height than default.
I checked those that was not default and discovered that they had a hidden trait called Theo_SliderMod_HeightVariance.
I then checked one sim of default height and it had not that trait.
Then I ran the cheat "rhall" and many sims that was previously default had changed height and had the Theo_SliderMod_HeightVariance trait.

So I assume that you can either force random heights with the rhall command or the game will randomly put that trait on new sims.
Scholar
#905 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 1:03 PM
Thanks for a functional script tedw, but I don't think I can use it again anymore, out of nowhere it has suddendly ramdonized all my sims heights and I have not been using any randomization commands, only add_slider Height -80 on just a few, and out of nowhere many are stuck short or too tall and cannot get them back to their original heights, (even add_slider Height 0 ) unless i delete the entire mod of course..
Scholar
#906 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 1:37 PM
Luckier I just recovered an old save, and this time I just removed Height Slider Growth.package (In case this was interferring) , Think the problem occured at midnight, but this time is struck midnight and nothing happened which is good. BTW anyway we can have slighter shorter sims than what the -100 gives us, a couple of mine were originally little shorter, I was looking thur your edited .pyc hoping to tweak a few values myself, but they have all been compressed so it's garbage in my notepad++, and i know actually care if their arm of something falls slightly of sync or looks a little deformed in fact, I liked it, I felt it gave them personality.
Scholar
#907 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 1:55 PM
Back again, ok I got some of my sims shorter . It turns out my Height Slider Short.package and Height Slider Tall.package were different versions of Teds.

Teds is dated 02/10/2016 while the one's I had before were dated 11/06/2017, so overwrote them alongside Teds editied script, I can have now have much much shorter or taller sims.

So I uploaded Teds version again, and all I did was replace 2 packages, I omitted the Growth package because I can see it's needed if no one if interested in gradual growth.

Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Sliders.7z (12.8 KB, 1391 downloads) - View custom content
Description: For Taller or Shorter Sims
Instructor
#908 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 2:51 PM Last edited by alexpilgrim : 23rd Nov 2018 at 4:21 PM.
It seems like I'm the only one interested in gradual growth and naturally occurring shorter teens, but bliss, the GROWTH mod is also fixed in tedw's update!

Anyway I did some testing with the different sliders if this can be of any help to anyone else:

I didn’t test the neck, hand and bulge files, I’ll just focus on the GROWTH, TALL and SHORT sliders.

Using GROWTH + TALL + SHORT:

Child and teen Sims will grow gradually every night, the growth occurs at 1.30am (or maybe when they change clothes? it was hard to tell sometimes). Teen Sims become noticeably shorter on the night after their birthday (you only have to suffer tall teens for a few hours LOL) and continue growing from there.

You can also change the height of any Sim with the console command (ctrl+shift+C) using add_slider height [number], from -100 (shortest) to 100 (tallest), 0 being normal height. I’ve only tested in increments of 25 so I don’t know if you can use a random number like add_slider height 31 or whatever. Once you enter the command you will get a applied sim attribute message.

Other Sims (even NPCs) are assigned random heights.

Using ONLY GROWTH:

Child and teen Sims grow gradually. Teen Sims become shorter the night after their birthday. If you notice in the screenshot above children also start shorter after their birthday, I’m not sure if in the other screenshot (growth+tall+short) Bruno got a random tall height assigned or if the tall or short sliders block this feature?

You still get the applied sim attribute message when entering the slider command but nothing happens to the height of your Sims (they stay at default height).

Other Sims apparently remain at default height. I think random heights are included in the GROWTH slider, but are triggered by the TALL and SHORT sliders. I guess you could have only one of them to make your Sims either only taller or shorter, and this would also apply to random Sims, but I wasn’t going to test every possible combination.

Of course if you use only TALL and SHORT without GROWTH children and teen won’t grow gradually, and teens will still be those tall monsters, but you will be able to manually adjust each Sims regardless of age by typing the command. And as far as I can understand random height won’t be applied to Sims.

Pick your poison!

Big big thanks to tedw for this, it's like I got my game back!

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Scholar
#909 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Luckier I just recovered an old save, and this time I just removed Height Slider Growth.package (In case this was interferring) , Think the problem occured at midnight, but this time is struck midnight and nothing happened which is good. BTW anyway we can have slighter shorter sims than what the -100 gives us, a couple of mine were originally little shorter, I was looking thur your edited .pyc hoping to tweak a few values myself, but they have all been compressed so it's garbage in my notepad++, and i know actually care if their arm of something falls slightly of sync or looks a little deformed in fact, I liked it, I felt it gave them personality.

The .pyc files is not compressed but compiled. That is, readable text files with python program is compiled to be suitable for the computer to execute faster. To get readable code back you decompile the .pyc file. You don't get comments in the original taxt back though.

Instead of removing .package files back and forth you can edit the Python script and comment out what you don't need.
I attached the original HeightModule.py in a zip file. I had hoped for a .py file from tedw to put in all comments.

In that file there are following functions:
randomizeHeightIfDefault (There seems to be five default heights, Average, Tall, Short, Very Tall, Very Short)
randomize_facial_attributes
SimGrowthCommand "sa" (?)
SimGrowthCommand "rhall" (random Height All)
SimGrowthCommand "rhone" (random Height One)
SimGrowth (Keeps Tracks of ages)
Some more.

How it is supposed to work:
Quote:
Gradual Height Change and Randomized Height for NPC's
The slider works on it's own at 1:00 after midnight, every day.
If you'd like to skip the wait, type in "rhall" to randomize everyone's height and make your teen and child sims grow for the day, or type in "rhone" to only randomize your sim's heights, and make teen and child sims grow according to their age.

The .package files are just file archives like .zip and .rar.
You can open them by Siims 4 Package Editor, s4pe. (or Sims 4 studio)
In Height Slider Growth.package there are XML, DATA, CNTX and BOND files. that is the actual sliders.

In one of the XML files I found the definition of that hidden trait. Note this is before TODDLER.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<I c="Trait" i="trait" m="traits.traits" n="Theo_SliderMod_HeightVariance" s="15258887174838921384">
<L n="ages">
<E>TEEN</E>
<E>ADULT</E>
<E>BABY</E>
<E>CHILD</E>
<E>UNUSED_FLAG</E>
<E>ELDER</E>
<E>YOUNGADULT</E>
</L>
<T p="InGame\UI\Icons\Debug\missing_image.png" n="icon">2f7d0004:00000000:30f0846c783606f9</T>
<E n="trait_type">HIDDEN</E>
</I>
Attached files:
File Type: zip  HeightModule.zip (1.7 KB, 838 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#910 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 11:57 AM
I downloaded the sliders from post 891. I didn't do anything to my Sims to adjust their height. I just played them to see what would happen and I coudn't help noticing that Verukka Slob is now quite a bit taller than her husband and the twins are different heights from each other. I rather like the fact that Verukka is so tall now actually so I didn't use the cheat box, or whatever it's called, to alter her.
Scholar
#911 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 7:43 PM
It was complicated when I just decompiled, because no matter what I seemed to change or how I edited the files it didn't seem to work. I spent a lot of time banging my head on my keyboard while I tried to work that out without any seeming success. When I finally went back to the original source for thesimmysims's mod and used that as a base, I had more success, but I then had to alter the code where Maxis has made changes to their base code. There is part of the gradual growth which I have not properly fixed yet.

As of right now, the base console command to alter the height from -100 to +100 appears to work for sims of all ages/genders. I don't see much weirdness in walking or animation except where sims clip the seat when they sit down or when they play certain animations with other sims. That is likely to never be changed because the original animations are designed for sims with set heights.

I'm investigating getting it to keep sim heights on aging up but I can't make any promises about making that work. I'll take a look

ETA: Wow, Mendota, that's very generous! But I think it would be unfair of me to take anything given this is not my original code and the updating I've done is not nearly as much work as the original work put in by thesimmysim. Thank you, though!

I have played for a while with the updated mod.
No, this does not suit my style of play.
Not only do they change height when they age but it happens now and then.
I don't get how it works. The trait Theo_SliderMod_HeightVariance must have something to do with height but it is not present in all sims after a change.

The GODJUL! version is perfekt for me.
Scholar
#912 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 12:21 PM
While playing I got a lastException file that seems to be from the Gradual Height mod.
I attach it here if it can help any.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  lastException.zip (1.2 KB, 172 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#913 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Back again, ok I got some of my sims shorter . It turns out my Height Slider Short.package and Height Slider Tall.package were different versions of Teds.

Teds is dated 02/10/2016 while the one's I had before were dated 11/06/2017, so overwrote them alongside Teds editied script, I can have now have much much shorter or taller sims.

So I uploaded Teds version again, and all I did was replace 2 packages, I omitted the Growth package because I can see it's needed if no one if interested in gradual growth.

Wow looks great! Does your mod also work with toddlers? And how do we change the height?
Lab Assistant
#914 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 4:05 PM
Well, I tried the method where you put in add sliders in the cheat box and I didn't like it. I have gone back to the CAS pull on their feet version. I couldn't tell how tall or short I was making them with the cheat version. I spent ages putting all different numbers in and in the end I went back to the CAS version where I can tell their height by their position in CAS. I wouldn't mind having a grow for kids and toddlers if I could get it without it affecting anything else. I don't think that exists though so I shall go on with the feet pulling. Thanks anyhow for people working on this.
Field Researcher
#915 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
I have played for a while with the updated mod.
No, this does not suit my style of play.
Not only do they change height when they age but it happens now and then.
I don't get how it works. The trait Theo_SliderMod_HeightVariance must have something to do with height but it is not present in all sims after a change.

The GODJUL! version is perfekt for me.

Can you tell me what was going on in your game at the time your exception file happened? Aging up, using the cheat, etc? I haven't experienced this error in my game.

Is anyone else experiencing random changes to sim heights?
Scholar
#916 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 9:42 PM
I am not having any problems, but I am only using the script mod. It is the one that I prefer, I am also looking forward to the pie menu, if you choose to do that.
Scholar
#917 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 10:10 PM
Can you tell me what was going on in your game at the time your exception file happened? Aging up, using the cheat, etc? I haven't experienced this error in my game.

Is anyone else experiencing random changes to sim heights?

I don't know exactly what happend but here is a new one.

Here is what I did:
I created a household with 8 sims. In the active houshold i set all females to -90 and males to -80 in heights.
I then, after some game time, moved in 8 sims in two households from the Household manager. Not played.
At the active houshold i looked for that trait on each but there was none.
I then moved in the two other housholds to the active. In total 24 sims thanks to MC.
Everyone of the moved in sims had the trait.

I then killed all sims in game except the active thanks to MC.

Suddenly after som game time at least two of the traitless sims changed height in the middle of their age period and get that trait.
None of the 24 sims kept their height at aging.

It seems the trait is set to all NPC's and give them random heights. but the active is protected at least for some time.

Q:
Is it a differense in the way settings is done by the cheat than the random settings of NPC's? Should it not be the same way?
In the original code for randomize I can see a loop looking for sims with a trait and the height value 0 - 13 is divided in five groups.

Edit
In the new exception the first and the last seems to be a timeline error with Height involved.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  lastException.zip (2.1 KB, 94 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#918 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
I don't know exactly what happend but here is a new one.

Here is what I did:
I created a household with 8 sims. In the active houshold i set all females to -90 and males to -80 in heights.
I then, after some game time, moved in 8 sims in two households from the Household manager. Not played.
At the active houshold i looked for that trait on each but there was none.
I then moved in the two other housholds to the active. In total 24 sims thanks to MC.
Everyone of the moved in sims had the trait.

I then killed all sims in game except the active thanks to MC.

Suddenly after som game time at least two of the traitless sims changed height in the middle of their age period and get that trait.
None of the 24 sims kept their height at aging.

It seems the trait is set to all NPC's and give them random heights. but the active is protected at least for some time.

Q:
Is it a differense in the way settings is done by the cheat than the random settings of NPC's? Should it not be the same way?
In the original code for randomize I can see a loop looking for sims with a trait and the height value 0 - 13 is divided in five groups.

Edit
In the new exception the first and the last seems to be a timeline error with Height involved.

I really don't get what you are about here. You have stated that you want to use the "feet slider mod", so why are you mudding the waters? LE's are not the end of the world, and it might not be possible to get rid of them in the growth mod, depending on how the game is coded and it might see any change in height happing on it's own as an error. At any rate this is why I suggested not worrying about the so called growth part, because it does complicate matters. Given that you said you don't want to use the mod, I don't understand what you are doing. Did you not say the "feet slider" worked best for you?
Scholar
#919 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mendota
I really don't get what you are about here. You have stated that you want to use the "feet slider mod", so why are you mudding the waters? LE's are not the end of the world, and it might not be possible to get rid of them in the growth mod, depending on how the game is coded and it might see any change in height happing on it's own as an error. At any rate this is why I suggested not worrying about the so called growth part, because it does complicate matters. Given that you said you don't want to use the mod, I don't understand what you are doing. Did you not say the "feet slider" worked best for you?

To me it does'nt matter how to set the height. But once set it should be stable and not change at aging. With the feet sliders it is stable. I can use cmar_HeightSlider in CAS Feet in this mod to have that fixed. A menu is an excelent solution but if the setting is not stable it is of no use for me.

Simmythesim wrote:
Quote:
The Gradual Height Change is sort of a slider, but it's also not simultaneously. This marks the return of shorter teens from the old mod! This time, it also shortens your existing teens!
The Gradual Height part makes it so that your child and teen sims grow, every day, at midnight, which is pretty cool, I admit!
It also randomizes the heights of the NPC's in the neighborhood, for more realistic sims, this only happens if their height hasn't been randomized, by the way.

Gradual height module consist of three parts and I agree with you/others that the gradual growing part is low priority but the aging up isn't, to me anyway.
Remember that the mod is thought out by Simmy to work the same as the old mod and according to him it did until EA changed something or he missed something.
Scholar
#920 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 7:41 AM
I think I know what you are saying, but to me I don't see why it matters. As I stated in another post, short teens and children sometimes become tall adults and vice versa. So it seems unrealistic to have it stay the same as they age up. But that is me. I don't care for the feet thing myself because I don't want to have to move in and out of CAS and because it does not work with children. I like the script and have the numbers down pat, and I am grateful to Tedw for all that he has done so far. Without him, I would be unhappy with only have the feet slider.
Scholar
#921 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mendota
I think I know what you are saying, but to me I don't see why it matters. As I stated in another post, short teens and children sometimes become tall adults and vice versa. So it seems unrealistic to have it stay the same as they age up. But that is me. I don't care for the feet thing myself because I don't want to have to move in and out of CAS and because it does not work with children. I like the script and have the numbers down pat, and I am grateful to Tedw for all that he has done so far. Without him, I would be unhappy with only have the feet slider.

I think we are talking about different aging problems.
The set height will go back to default when a sim age from young adult to adult and when an adult age up to an elder. You think that is realistic?
You have to set the height three times to keep the height the same during the life of a sim starting at young adult.
You seem to discuss the period from toddler to young adult and I start at young adult.

Until now this mod have not changed much since it was abandoned. Only the sliders have been updated to make sims more proportional.
Only changes to the scripts is forced by EA changes. The first was fixed by Ash77 and the latter by tedw.
We are back to square zero.
Test Subject
#922 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 12:29 AM
um.. has this been updated yet or is it compatible?
Scholar
#923 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kamikazewolf
um.. has this been updated yet or is it compatible?

Working:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...529#post5469529
Scholar
#924 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 1:30 PM
Is anyone else having an issue with the hand slider not working with tedw's updated version? I thought I'd give it a try yesterday, but the command isn't working - at least not for me. Am I inputting it wrong?
The command I've always used - and am still using - is add_slider hand (whatever number). I even tried add_slider hands... but neither work. Any advice??

...Titanium white...
Scholar
#925 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Is anyone else having an issue with the hand slider not working with tedw's updated version? I thought I'd give it a try yesterday, but the command isn't working - at least not for me. Am I inputting it wrong?
The command I've always used - and am still using - is add_slider hand (whatever number). I even tried add_slider hands... but neither work. Any advice??

Never tested but working mods here:
https://luumiasims.com/post/1740062...headed-toward-a

Finger Thickness Slider
This slider can be accessed by turning a Sim to profile view and dragging the forearm left or right.
Finger thickness ranges from yaoi to sausage. Your pick.

Hand Size Slider
This slider can be accessed by turning a Sim to profile view and dragging the forearm up or down.
Page 37 of 44