Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 5:18 PM Last edited by harmonie : 25th Nov 2012 at 7:35 PM.
Default Moving horses to a different lot but maintaining ownership..
Hi everyone.. First thread on the site! I think I understood all the guidelines, so let's hope I don't get yelled at right off the bat.

I've been searching around multiple sites for a way to accomplish what I want to do with no luck as of yet. What I really want is to own multiple lots with one sim so that I can have extra space to put my horses. However, from everything I've read, that isn't a possibility. SO, I wanted to ask all of you more experienced Simmers your opinion:
Is it possible to place horses (or dogs, or whatever) on a neighboring lot but still maintain "ownership" of them? Clearly one cannot own multiple lots in one game, so I am trying to figure out a way to still keep all of my horses but basically have them on a "pasture" outside of my home lot.
I wanted to ask around to see if anyone here had ever purchased a community lot and then essentially locked the horses in and the rest of the World out? I have MC and Woohooer so I can have as many pets as I want, but now I just need more space to keep them all. Just trying to have my cake and eat it too! XD

I hope this was the right place to ask this question! Many apologies if it wasn't!

Thanks in advance.

{edit}

Well, I am impatient so I started exploring options. XD I created 64x64 lot (horse ranch) to the right of my home lot, fenced it in, added a gate, and downloaded Nona's "LockCommunityDoor" mod. I had my sim buy it, locked the gate to everyone but myself, and teleported the horses into the lot. So far, so good. :D
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 2:29 AM
I did this before in game. My sims bought the horse ranch next door since their lot was only 20x20. I used "build on this lot " (ctrl + right click) cheat to lock the gate or unlock if my sims came over.
I also set the lot to no visitors. Lucky for me Dave Ramsey and Artie Page were on the lot when I did this so they take care of the horses (pet them, feed them). I put down sleeping bags and a shower, fridge,
toilet for them in the loft which they use since it is not a residential lot. I used CAS to change their outfits to overalls.

Under build mode select the gate, ctrl,+shift, right click on the mouse over the gate gives the option for lock or unlock. The unicorns escape this so I have to use their teleport abilities to get back. If you trick some
townies onto the lot to be the caretakers make sure you lock them in the barn before your sim enters the gate or leaves because they will try to escape.

That is about the only way I have seen that is is possible so far.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fullsheet
Under build mode select the gate, ctrl,+shift, right click on the mouse over the gate gives the option for lock or unlock. The unicorns escape this so I have to use their teleport abilities to get back.

Why do I find that sentance adorable?
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fullsheet
townies onto the lot to be the caretakers make sure you lock them in the barn before your sim enters the gate or leaves because they will try to escape.

Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 2:42 PM
Forum Resident
#6 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 7:48 PM
In one of my games, I had Sims keep their horses at the local country club. I used the mod linked above, as well as arsil's custom role mod to have a "groom" on site who would take care of them. It generally works out well until you switch households. But it's easy to use the "teleport here" cheat to send the horse back pretty quickly.