Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 5:24 PM
Default Want to try converting Sims 2 base game hairs...
For a long time I've wanted to get into making custom hair for the Sims 3 and only recently I decided I want to really do something about it rather than just think about it.

I don't care how hard or difficult it might be, I've heard it's very hard but that isn't going to turn me off. My only problem really is there seems to be very few ways for a newbie to get any clue of what on earth is going on with making custom hair in the Sims 3.

That's not really what this thread is about though, I was wondering where I would find the Sims 2 hair files to try and convert them? I know it's going to be hard to convert them but I figured I want to get a hold of them first. I have the Sims 2 installed on my computer, do I just find a certain file there? Or is there anywhere I can download them?

Not many Sims 2 base game hairs have been converted yet even though many peggy and other custom hairs have, I think it's a shame because there are many sims 2 base game hairs I liked. I also really don't want to have to rely on the hope of someone making a certain hair anymore.

Also is there any guides to converting Sims 2 hair to sims 3? I looked but I didn't notice anything specifically about it.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 10:07 AM
go to

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...s_3_Hair_Basics

hope that answers your question :D