Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 4:32 PM Last edited by SarteLindsay : 4th Apr 2019 at 5:44 PM.
Default Can I merge Non-default Skins, Default texture replacements, and sliders?
Hi, I'm new to posting in this site so please forgive me for any mistakes I make.

I know that this question was probably posted a lot before, and I have looked at those threads but I need a straightforward answer and confirmation.
Some people say you should not merge skins and mods/hacks because mods need to be updated and that you may need to change skins. That's what I remember at least.
I use CCmagic so if I want to change something it's not a problem. I just want to know if merging Skins/Default replacements/sliders/mods will cause issues in my game.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 6:34 PM
I use CCMagic and merge everything except counters and the core mods from NRAAS. I don't seem to have any problems.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 5:46 AM
I merge my non default skins, sliders and default texture replacement all the time using S3Pe. Never had a issue with my CC.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 7:12 AM
It's relatively to safe to combine most types of CC. Now that the game isn't updated anymore most mods don't need regular updating which means it's even safer to combine them using S3PE. Me personally, I've combined all my slider mods, CC and script mods, such as those from NRAAS, into a single package and the game runs much smoother.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Site Helper
#5 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 6:15 PM
The only thing with merging script mods from NRAAS and other creators who are still active is that they do still publish updates to take care of bugs and to add new features. Of course, the original non-updated version is just as useful as it ever was. You're just missing out on the improvements.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 6:25 PM Last edited by igazor : 6th Apr 2019 at 5:16 AM.
All of the next versions of NRaas mods will come with Automatic Turnip Twaddlersâ„¢. Would hate to think that any players might miss out on that feature in the future.

Disclaimer: I have no idea what this means, before anyone asks, but have a vague recollection of it being very funny when used on the Bloom County comic strips to describe something everyone is convinced they need but no one knows why. Our mod features, of course, subscribe to a slightly higher standard than that.

I never merge mods, not meaning CC but actual Tuning and Script Mods, of any kind because it becomes a pain to remove individual ones for testing or replacement when/if the need arises. Core Mods should never be merged, but there are only six of those in popular usage anyway (ErrorTrap being one of them).
Inventor
#7 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 6:29 PM
You can merge almost everything (some store content like counters break when converted to package and merged, worlds, lots and Sims can't be merged, and some patterns in Sims3Pack break when converted to package). Keep the unmerged files just in case you need to unmerge content later on.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
You can merge almost everything (some store content like counters break when converted to package and merged, worlds, lots and Sims can't be merged, and some patterns in Sims3Pack break when converted to package). Keep the unmerged files just in case you need to unmerge content later on.

Agree with everything said here but consider not if you can merge defaults but if you should merge defaults. I tend to swap out my defaults often, so it is best to leave those un-merged if you do the same. Having one or two unmerged files in your game won't hurt it.

One other thing if you don't have some sort of permanence with your cc you will be re-merging all the time. Merge the stuff you know you will always want into big files and leave them alone and use smaller merged files for stuff your uncertain.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 2:51 AM
Quote:
"We'll sell you this amazing turnip twaddler for $29.95! But wait! There's more! We'll throw in this tomato musher ABSOLUTELY FREE! Now how much would you pay?"

But you see our twaddlers will be Automatic, it's not the (fill in your favorite decade) anymore. That has to be better, right?

What I meant was, I never knew what twaddling our turnips actually does for us, or for the turnips in question. I have been enjoying my turnips untwaddled for far too many years to understand why I want this. As opposed to say a mushed tomato, now the impact there would be obvious.

(In case this sounds like I'm making the case for never updating one's mods when updates become available, I am not doing that. I actually don't really have an on-topic point here.)