Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 4:29 AM Last edited by Goldenbtrfly : 28th Apr 2017 at 5:20 PM.
Default WCIF - IKEA Painting Recolors [SOLVED]
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any leads on additional painting recolors of the Flatiron Building NY/paintingFlatironPremiar that came with the IKEA stuff pack.

HugeLunatic made them recolorable HERE
and CatherineTCJD did some animal recolors HERE
Outside of hers, I have not found any, and I am looking for something that is not 'realistic' in nature.

Thank you for looking.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 5:26 PM
I could do some of these for you if you like: https://monmoncats.myshopify.com/collections/prints

I love those and have been meaning to put them onto a picture for ages. You'd be restricted to the landscape pictures though.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#3 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 6:12 PM
Recolors of this painting has been on my (very long) to-do list for quite some time now. So, I too could do some recolors this week, and share them on MTS if you'd like.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 11:25 PM
@Maxon @PenelopeT
Sorry for the slow reply, guys. I have some really bad allergies right now and have basically slept all day.
...that said, seeing your replies definitely cheered me up! I would be so pleased and honored to have any recolors you wish to make. Thank you both, so very much for your offer!!!
Those prints are so unique and pretty, Maxon. :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#5 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 10:04 AM
http://shastakiss.tumblr.com/post/64843760892

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.
Friedrich Nietzche
In the middle of Nowhere
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 9:36 PM
Default Hmmmm
OK - first go. I forgot how fiddly this is. Needs work. This is going to take a while. I did it tonight after I got home from work and I'm tired. I want to go and murder aliens in Andromeda. Don't expect anything too soon.
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 2:09 AM
@Artemida thanks for the find, I may hold onto that whole folder until I make a monster gift shop. Such cute items!
@Maxon LOL, I won't. I take a break from Sims myself every once and again. Looks good for a first go!
Theorist
#8 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 4:20 AM
@Goldenbtrfly - I've only managed to get five recolors done (it's been a busy week), but will do a few more before uploading them sometime this week. In the meantime, I've added a sneak peek of three of them for you take a look at.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 7:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
@Goldenbtrfly - I've only managed to get five recolors done (it's been a busy week), but will do a few more before uploading them sometime this week. In the meantime, I've added a sneak peek of three of them for you take a look at.

Oh, I love them! So pretty. Thank you!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 10:26 AM
What a nice doggy

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
OK - first go. I forgot how fiddly this is. Needs work. This is going to take a while. I did it tonight after I got home from work and I'm tired. I want to go and murder aliens in Andromeda. Don't expect anything too soon.

Maxon, If you don't have time, or feel like doing the recolors, it's OK. I have some now. Of course, I wouldn't turn them down either. Haha! They are indeed lovely, and I know the perfect home for them. :lovestruc I just wanted to mark this solved so no one else is looking.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 10:19 PM Last edited by maxon : 4th May 2017 at 11:19 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Goldenbtrfly
Maxon, If you don't have time, or feel like doing the recolors, it's OK. I have some now. Of course, I wouldn't turn them down either. Haha! They are indeed lovely, and I know the perfect home for them. :lovestruc I just wanted to mark this solved so no one else is looking.

Oh you're fine. I will do them but maybe not very fast.

Edit to add: very busy at work but I keep doing a bit. I'm struggling with the UVMapper for the portrait version atm but the mesh came out well I think.
Screenshots

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th May 2017 at 9:01 PM
@Maxon I'm sorry I missed this. The updated meshes look great! WOW, can't wait for the finished product.