Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 3:20 PM
Default Help needed with custom neighborhood picture
I've been following the steps that can be found on this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5#startcomments
but i'm running into problems

Here's the thing:
I cant seem to find my neighborhood folder, that is supposed to be in (My Documents\EA Games\Neighborhoods) My custom neighborhoods name is Easton Hope but all it shows are two files called N001 and N002. When i open N002 i do see pictures of my own custom simmies so i assumed this was the right folder. So i took used that folder since a folder of Easton Hope can't be found anywhere, and followed the rest of the steps but it didn't do anything. I'm still stuck with a wobbly grid as neighborhood picture.

The neighborhood is a custom one, so downloaded from here and not from the game itself.
Anyone who can help me out?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 4:06 PM
To clarify, your neighbourhoods should be in Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 (or The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection)/Neighborhoods - that might be where you looked and you just shortened it in your post, but it's worth checking.

Did you make sure that your new image is the same dimensions and filetype as the original?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
To clarify, your neighbourhoods should be in Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 (or The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection)/Neighborhoods - that might be where you looked and you just shortened it in your post, but it's worth checking.

Did you make sure that your new image is the same dimensions and filetype as the original?

i used a cameria snapshot that i made in-game. Which original are you talking about? I only have an ugly grid as neighborhood picture now.

as for the folder where my neighborhood folder should be, i made a screenshot https://postimg.org/image/hx6mqs9ap/ I really have no idea where to go from there.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 12:24 AM
If you open the neighbourhood folder, you can find the wobbly grid image in there - that's the original. It'll be called N00x_Neighborhood.png and it's 295x225 pixels in size. So the image you want to replace it with will also need to be a PNG, 295x225 pixels, and called N00x_Neighborhood.png (replace the x with the appropriate number). Otherwise it won't show up.

if you're not sure which folder is the right one for your neighbourhood, just open the folders up and look at the neighbourhood thumbnails in the folder. As long as you don't have two different neighbourhoods with wobbly grid thumbnails, that'll tell you which folder is which.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
If you open the neighbourhood folder, you can find the wobbly grid image in there - that's the original. It'll be called N00x_Neighborhood.png and it's 295x225 pixels in size. So the image you want to replace it with will also need to be a PNG, 295x225 pixels, and called N00x_Neighborhood.png (replace the x with the appropriate number). Otherwise it won't show up.

if you're not sure which folder is the right one for your neighbourhood, just open the folders up and look at the neighbourhood thumbnails in the folder. As long as you don't have two different neighbourhoods with wobbly grid thumbnails, that'll tell you which folder is which.

YES that seems to have done it! thanks a lot!