Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 3:11 AM
modifying a family tree + making sims non-resurrectable
I want to add parents, grandparents, siblings, and great grandparents to a family I created and I wanted to know if there is a way to do that in simpe.

Secondly, I think I want to make some of my sims from past generations non-resurrectable. (like Irma Oldie) I mainly want to do this just in case I want to upload the family here to MTS but I want to avoid adding more/unnecessary CC to the sims2pack file. If there is an alternative to this where I can remove the CC but also have it show up on the pictures of the past generations.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 5:11 AM
Quote:
I want to add parents, grandparents, siblings, and great grandparents to a family I created and I wanted to know if there is a way to do that in simpe.

There is definitely a way to add family members such grandparents etc to existing families. I was going to do this to my family a while back. I have to find the tutorial for it.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 5:15 AM
I found this and I didn't even know it existed until now (Family Type Stuffeths): http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=20.0

It lets you set Sims as a family member (Grandparent, Parent, Child, etc). You have to have Pets EP or Higher though.

I'm reading, and I think that you might have to set each Sim to recognize that certain Sim you add to the family as a family member. Meaning: If you add Grandparents, you are going to have to manually make each grandchild know that is their grandparent by selecting: Set as Grandparent. And that goes for Cousin and everyone. I hope that makes sense.
Scholar
#4 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 6:59 AM
@Goodywood: the Castaway water (which is the shader used in my mod) is fully dependent on the reflections as it doesn’t have its own tint like the original TS2 water. If you want to add the tint to it, feel free to do so, after all it’s Maxis shader, all I did was edit it slightly so it works properly in TS2, and my policy is pretty open anyway Not sure what it has to do with family ties though, so this is probably not a proper thread to talk about it.

As for making sims non-resurrectable, I don’t think it’s possible. And also, how would you want to share that family? Installing an occupied lot would lead to neighbourhood corruption.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Field Researcher
#5 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
@Goodywood: the Castaway water (which is the shader used in my mod) is fully dependent on the reflections as it doesn’t have its own tint like the original TS2 water. If you want to add the tint to it, feel free to do so, after all it’s Maxis shader, all I did was edit it slightly so it works properly in TS2, and my policy is pretty open anyway Not sure what it has to do with family ties though, so this is probably not a proper thread to talk about it.

As for making sims non-resurrectable, I don’t think it’s possible. And also, how would you want to share that family? Installing an occupied lot would lead to neighbourhood corruption.

@Voeille Ooops! I replied to the wrong thread. ROFL I have too many windows open. (Sorry OP!)

May we continue this convo in the Improving TS2 thread?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 4:53 AM

It does...? This is the first time I've heard that... I've installed occupied lots before without an issue.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Goodywood
I found this and I didn't even know it existed until now (Family Type Stuffeths): http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=20.0

It lets you set Sims as a family member (Grandparent, Parent, Child, etc). You have to have Pets EP or Higher though.

I'm reading, and I think that you might have to set each Sim to recognize that certain Sim you add to the family as a family member. Meaning: If you add Grandparents, you are going to have to manually make each grandchild know that is their grandparent by selecting: Set as Grandparent. And that goes for Cousin and everyone. I hope that makes sense.

Ah perfect, Thank you!
Scholar
#8 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 5:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carrit
It does...? This is the first time I've heard that... I've installed occupied lots before without an issue.

Corruption might not have visible effects for days, months or even years, but yes, installing occupied lots is one of the things that can cause neighbourhood corruption. And don’t move an occupied lot into the lot bin, and don’t put them in other hoods, because that could cause hood corruption in your own game. Sims on those lots are related to other sims in your neighbourhood, have memories about them, and, for example, they could spread gossips about sims without their character files. You can find more info about neighbourhood corruption and game corruption and how to avoid it here and here. I suspect corruption in my Pleasantview because I did things I shouldn’t have done, but I’m going to play there until it becomes completely unplayable. Which happened to me years ago, I had quite a serious corruption – sims disappeared from lots (I could summon them with a mod, but they had broken aspirations, lost their memories and they were regarded by the game as adult males), and some of Olive Specter’s ghosts were summonable in other hoods than Strangetown (and they were also regarded as adult males). So yes, I have experienced my game becoming BFBVFS (Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space), and I do not recommend that to anyone

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 5:17 AM
Corruption might not have visible effects for days, months or even years, but yes, installing occupied lots is one of the things that can cause neighbourhood corruption. And don’t move an occupied lot into the lot bin, and don’t put them in other hoods, because that could cause hood corruption in your own game. Sims on those lots are related to other sims in your neighbourhood, have memories about them, and, for example, they could spread gossips about sims without their character files. You can find more info about neighbourhood corruption and game corruption and how to avoid it here and here. I suspect corruption in my Pleasantview because I did things I shouldn’t have done, but I’m going to play there until it becomes completely unplayable. Which happened to me years ago, I had quite a serious corruption – sims disappeared from lots (I could summon them with a mod, but they had broken aspirations, lost their memories and they were regarded by the game as adult males), and some of Olive Specter’s ghosts were summonable in other hoods than Strangetown (and they were also regarded as adult males). So yes, I have experienced my game becoming BFBVFS (Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space), and I do not recommend that to anyone

Thank you so much for telling me I always thought it was completely safe considering if I remember correctly the original TS2 website allowed such things to be posted.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 12:14 PM
Yeah, EA have never been particularly on the ball about corruption - they did consistently ship pre-corrupted neighbourhoods and sims with the expansions, after all.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 12:11 AM
The OP started me wondering: is there a way to completely fake a family tree using just Bodyshop (or other) images without actually creating sims and introducing them into the neighbourhood at all? TBH, the genealogy and the relationships are the only reasons I ever play with pre-mades, and I agree, having current sims seemingly rooted in a community is fun, but not at the cost of bloat and corruption.