Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#851 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 9:46 PM
I'm giving this till Tuesday next week.

See how crazy all your fellow simmers are! The MTS2 Community Neighborhood
Advertisement
#852 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 5:11 PM
Default Mina: Calling all vampires to the dining room!
Mina strolled out of the garden, passing through the rooms into the large dining hall. Wary of the vampires she sensed in the rooms around her. She could feel the raised nerves spicing the air with a dangerous aroma. As they sulked through the shadows each one paranoid as to who might be the hunter. She heard no conversation. The night eerily silent. It appeared each one was closely guarding their thoughts, their suspicions cloaked behind watchful eyes.

Adrien was present somewhere. She was sure of it. She swallowed hard unsure how she should act around him. Acknowledge what they had shared, pretend nothing had happened. That her heart was still her own. Her eyes closed in pain, she had embarrassed herself and caused him to doubt her all in the space of a few short hours. She could never hope to win his trust or compassion again, those few fleeting moments were over.

Her teeth bit into her lower lip, drawing blood. And as the metallic twang hit her taste buds her head cleared. She forced her mind to calm. She could not dwell on him, not now.

Realising that no Ventrue was present this night to call things to order she gave a little sigh brushing a stray strand of ebony hair from her eyes. Someone would have to call them together for the proceeds to begin. It looked like it was down to her.

Standing beside a large gong she picked up the stick and thumped it hard against the metal. Sending the metal disc vibrating back and forth filling the air with loud vibration. She struck 3 times in total. Then lowered her arm. It should be enough to summon them all.

Silently Mina took a seat at one side of the table and waited for the others to enter the room her eyes guarded face set in an unreadable expression. She knew what she was doing was fateful. Drawing attention to herself when she just wanted to slide into the shadows. When every movement would be analysed one false move and the table could turn on her. But she needed to determine who the hunter was for her own peace of mind. The hunter must be destroyed before they were all vanquished and no vampires haunted the city of Los Angeles.

(OCC hope it’s OK that Mina called things to order. Need to get everyone together into the same room so the accusations can begin :D))
Test Subject
#853 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 1:44 PM
Stella woke up unusually late that day. "The meeting!" she thought and jumped up to get dressed.
The Vampire chose a grey pencil skirt, a white blouse and black cardigan, quickly put her hair in a not and hopped on her car. She would have to hurry to make it on time ...

Some time later she reached the house where the council was supposed to be held.
While she was parking her car, Stella thought about the event that was yet to come. Who would they accuse this time? Who would she accuse? ... There was one name she already had in mind ... He ...

Suddenly she heard a metal gong, and knew that it was about to begin.
As quickly as she could she walked inside the house on her 10cm high heels. Stella could sense Vampires around her, but when she reached the meeting room, only one was there, waiting. It was Mina.

Stella nodded in her direction, showed a polite smile and sat down.

((I'm sorry for the shortness and crappyness, but I just couldn't find Stella's character again yet ))
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#854 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 6:28 PM
Default Adrien
Adrien strolled through the mansion slowly, but unlike at the last council, he was not admiring the surroundings. In fact, he barely saw them at all. Chills were running up and down his spine, as he was realizing just how few of them there were left. The hunter simply had to be stopped, tonight. He kept going over the suspects in his mind, over and over again. There was one that he suspected above all others, one that his instincts told him was the one.
That "ancient" Toreador... Illustra. Adrien had heard rumours that he was a Methuselah, but quite frankly, Adrien didn't think he possessed quite the right amount of dignity and... what was the word?... Poise? Authority? Both perhaps?
There was just something about him...

A sudden noise, a loud but still rather soft gong was heard, rousing him from his thoughts. It was time.

Along with the handful of other vampires, he made his way into the dining room. Much to his surprise, he found that Mina was already there. He hadn't seen her enter. But then again, his eyes had been unseeing, as he'd spent quite a while staring into nothingness.
She looked reserved. Calm and collected, yet wishing she was anywhere but here. Adrien smiled softly to himself. He could relate. What he wouldn't give to be back in Paris right now, away from this mess.
Although... That would mean he never would've met Mina, and that would indeed have been a loss, even though he wouldn't have been aware of it. Yes, the past evening had been very much like a rollercoaster, but he couldn't help but still be drawn to her. They had something so fundamental in common. And maybe he was a fool, but he trusted her more now than he'd done before the events that had struck him with horror the night before. Or maybe it was the wisest thing he could do. She'd put herself in a situation where he was bound to doubt her, and she'd done it knowingly. If she was the hunter, she would've never done that.
And so, if there was one person in this room that he trusted, it would be her.
Maybe when this was all over, and the hunter had been found and killed, he would invite her to join him on a trip to Paris? She'd most likely seen it before, but never through his eyes. And despite the aloofness and reservation that sometimes surrounded her, he knew that he had stirred something within her, as she had done with him.

Therefore, he offered her a soft smile as he himself sat down at the table, leaving a couple of empty seats between the two of them. He wanted to show her that he was there, that he still wished to be around her, but that he wouldn't force his presence on her during a time like this.

(((ooc: If I/we don't get around to RP the actual voting, mine is this;
<Adrien> chooses <Illustra>
(and no, not because Illustra voted for Adrien. ) )))[/I]

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#855 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 12:33 PM
guys please get your votes in this is being dragged out too long and many have lost a sense of their character

Field Researcher
#856 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 2:04 PM
((OoC: Sorry for the long absence! But as Vosh said, I moved to Japan! And I finally have net access again! Woot! Can hardly believe this is still going on though. Please allow me one post before making a decision. Just want to make my prescence known before playing the full game of catch-up.))

Esther stumbled, getting up groggily. What on earth was the matter she thought to herself. And then she remembered last night's dinner. The problem with the hunter had been gnawing away at her - there had been far too many close calls, far too many vampires running in fear.

And so she had returned to the sewers to consult with her own kind, to find the information that might lead to the answers she so desperately sought. What she had found instead chilled her.

There was no new information, but some of the younger ones were contemplating leaving their city to try and escape what seemed an unstoppable scourge. The hunter had not yet killed any Nosferatu, but their ability to slink away in the shadows and hide could not protect them forever. They were getting nervous.

And that made Esther nervous. Anything dire enough to worry an entire warren and to get some who would normally stay to consider leaving was bigger than it appeared. Esther mental comparisons to the Inquisition flared up once more. This was far too familiar...

And last night she had been careless, grabbed the first thing that came close enough. Apparently she had been rewarded with a junkie, judging by how her reactions were sluggish and distorted.

Esther fought off the sensations.

The meeting - its tonight.... Another must be chosen - this time the right one must be chosen, or else...

If the local Nosferatu tried to make a run for it they would actually be placing themselves in more danger of being discovered, and by more enemies than one could imagine.

Cursing vividly under her breathe, Esther forced herself to make haste to the meeting. She rushed in, trying to be a inobtrusive as possible, especially with her late arrival. Quickly her eyes took in those around her.

Who was left? Who were the options to choose from?
Test Subject
#857 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 2:26 PM
((Hmmkay, do we get to RP the meeting or not?))
#858 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 8:52 PM
Default Mina: At the Counciil table
((OCC Devoshka could we have a few more nights please. As eager as I am to find out who the hunter is I’d love to be able to RP our way to it….. If not I'm on at least once a day so will edit and post a vote. ASAP))

Mina watched as each of the vampires entered taking their seats around the table. Some calm and collected like herself, others more hurried, scattered. Patiently she waited until each one sat silent. She tilted her head slightly to Adrien, but no smile graced her lips. She couldn’t afford that loss of composure.

What she was about to do terrified her. How could she destroy someone again? For she knew that she was denying her heart. The cold reasoning, shards of ice in her brain, sharp as diamonds tearing a hole through her emotions. It would leave her raw and broken before the numbness set in. Yet she saw no other way.

She looked around at each of the vampires sat at the table, locking eyes with each one for a long breathless second, attempting to see any flinch, any slight tick that might give them away. Her gaze fearless and steady. One of them present was a traitor. And so deserving of the most fateful of deaths she could imagine. Before she herself ended up a pawn in their little game.

“So, shall we put our cards down on the table? I have my doubts about more than one who is present here. ”She stared straight ahead, unable to look at Adrien as she spoke. “Cast your defence and your vote. In my own defence, Adrien alone has seen me feed. I have not prowled these streets long enough to know its tales and paths. I was not present in the areas where any of the vampires disappeared. Witnesses here can verify my presence”.

She paused realising it was not much of a defence. If any should doubt Adrien they could just cast her as his pawn or him hers. She continued her voice stead yet tinged with a fierce anger. “I have killed before and would gladly do so again to protect what is dear to me. I do not deny that I am a stranger to this city but do not doubt that I will gladly track down and destroy the hunter. For it only time before the infection spreads over the water and death tinges those that are close to me.

“Now who will speak next.” Again Mina's gaze trawled the room eyes bravely challenging anyone to refute what she said, to lay down their own defence bare before the room.
#859 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 3:03 AM
((Damn, sorry for the lateness again. I don't feel like RPing Vahn over there so let's say he's been present long enough to have heard Mina's speech.))

Vahn sat in the midst of the remaining vampires, his slight form pale and rigid. Wispy locks of red hair framed his sharp features haphazardly and cloaked him from prying eyes. Long fingers tapped out a nearly inaudible rhythm on the common table's glossy surface as he racked his brain for a solution; he knew it was impossible to solve this mystery alone. His mind roved over the few memories he possessed of each vampire, taking their positives and negatives into account, but he could not come to a solid conclusion. He could not even begin to pin the blame on a single one of them and he knew he would not be able to tolerate another mistake. There had to be some way of determining...

“So, shall we put our cards down on the table?"

Vahn glanced up as Mina's abrupt question awoke him from his reverie, catching her gaze as she studied him for a fleeting second. There was that air about her again, one that commanded attention and respect. He settled back into his chair and placed his hands behind his head in a relaxed manner that betrayed his true feelings.

"I have my doubts about more than one who is present here. Cast your defence and your vote. In my own defence, Adrien alone has seen me feed. I have not prowled these streets long enough to know its tales and paths. I was not present in the areas where any of the vampires disappeared. Witnesses here can verify my presence."

She paused and Vahn seized the opportunity to process her words. He wondered who she was suspicious of and why, especially since she claimed she had not been near any of the disappearances. He imagined that she had been around the others just enough to develop somewhat of an opinion, much like he had. But she still did not know any more than the rest of them did and that posed a problem.

“I have killed before and would gladly do so again to protect what is dear to me. I do not deny that I am a stranger to this city but do not doubt that I will gladly track down and destroy the hunter. For it only time before the infection spreads over the water and death tinges those that are close to me... Now who will speak next.”

Vahn slightly nodded in agreement and sat up straight as she finished, having similar feelings himself. He had lived in the area his entire life but he had also killed and would continue to kill those who dared to betray his kin. Those dear to him had already been murdered but he believed in revenge and was still determined to get it.

"As different as we are, Mina, I agree completely." His eyes narrowed and his expression grew dangerous as he crossed his arms over the table's surface. "I am also willing to do anything to find the traitor and bring them to justice. My master was killed by a hunter years ago and I still seek revenge. As for a couple of others I had befriended..."

He paused to glance around the room, confirming that Vevila and Veronica had not made an appearance. Illustra had informed him of Vevila's fate but Veronica must have been taken within the last 24 hours. His voice dropped an octave before he continued. "It appears that they have been lost to one of those demons as well."

His garnet-colored eyes glinted and roamed over the handful of beings that were in his presence, observing their reactions carefully. Finally he slammed a fist into the table, and when he spoke once more, his voice seethed with hatred. "Whichever one of you is responsible, you will pay. I'll rip you to fucking shreds myself."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#860 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 2:59 PM
Yes you all can have more time and yes gerbera jump in please :P

btw It's great to see you Skylark *hugs*

Test Subject
#861 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 3:14 PM
Default Stella
One after one, other Vampires entered the beautiful room.

Stella didn't bother to greet everyone of them, instead admired the beautifully painted ceiling of the meeting room.

Suddenly Mina started to speak, defending herself. "As if anyone would think she really is the traitor ... Too civilized that woman is." she thought. Stella could feel the hatred and the fear in the room, they all knew that their fate would be sealed if they didn't find the hunter tonight.

For some strange reason, Stella was quite emotionless about that whole thing. She had lived through rough times and was not one to be stressed easily, but this was a threatening situation. If the group made a wrong decision again, she and every other innocent Vampire would be dead by sunrise, of that Stella was sure. "You should be afraid ... and vigilant..." she told herself.

Vahn, who had started to speak after Mina had finished, closed his little speech with the words "Whichever one of you is responsible, you will pay. I'll rip you to fucking shreds myself." and his face was full of hatred.

Stella decided to say something as well. "I advise you to calm down, Vahn. It's not wise to let emotions rule over thinking. We must not make the wrong decision again or it will cost our lives. The hunter might be in this room, I don't know it, but I have a suspect. However, we need a cool head and have to decide wisely. Mina has already defended herself, and I believe her. I myself have also only once been at a place where the hunter has found a victim, and I have not voted for the innocent that you killed after the last council. I think that does speak for me.
What do you have to say, Adrien?!" she closed, looking at the man to her left.

((Thanks for giving us more time, Vosh ))
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#862 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 10:39 PM
Default Adrien de la Cour
As the other vampires started talking, Adrien found himself only half listening. Mina's cold greeting, and the way she kept avoiding to look at him, had him worried. She seemed to really want to distance herself from him, to avoid being associated with him, to pretend they hadn't close. Because, no matter how last night had ended, there had been some very intimate moments between then. Him offering her his blood, and she telling him about her tragedy. How could she not ackowledge that? Her face showed no emotion, it barely showed recognition. Had she just been playing games?

Still, when stating evidence that she was not the hunter, she referred to him as her alibi. Did that imply a certain amount of trust still, or was it yet another game? Adrien didn't know what to think, and he feared that for once, it showed. The last thing he needed right now was to come across as ambivalent, especially since Vahn had just threatened to tear the hunter apart with his bare hands. Looking hesitant and uncertain at this very moment would only incriminate him. And there were enough suspicious minds present already.

Next, the Toreador woman, Stella, spoke. Much like Mina had done, she produced the facts that served in her favor, and then turned to Adrien.

"What do you have to say, Adrien?"

Hearing his name, the raven-haired Tremere looked up. His eyes had been fixed on the pattern of the wooden table infront of him, his thoughts having trailed off once again.
Now, as Stella brought them back, he hesitated for a moment. It almost seemed he was choosing his words carefully, going over them in his head once or twice before finally speaking. It didn't make him look good, he knew that, but hopefully they'd all realize that the enemy wouldn't send someone who'd act as poorly as he was in a situation like this.

"I'd like to start by confirming Mina's statement", he said finally. "Indeed I saw her feed, and I find it unlikely that any human would be able to do it with such... instinct."

He briefly glanced over at Mina, before looking at the other vampires around the table.

"As for my own defence...", he continued slowly. "I will trust Mina to confirm my whereabouts, as we have had a tendency to run into eachother lately. And as we have been hiding in the shadows like good little vampires, lurking in deserted place where no screams would've been heard, I'd say Mina's presence alone is evidence enough that I'm not the hunter. If I was, she too would be missing, non?"

He leaned back in his chair, his gaze still sweeping over the all too few faces there. Finally, it landed on Esther.

"Also," he added. "I'm sure you all remember the testimonies given by myself and Esther, among others, regarding the incident at the Walk Of Fame. Esther here told you about the threat, the sense of dread she felt, and how she lead a large number of us into the... sewers. Away from this intangible threat. And as she and I seem to be the only ones left from that particular event, I do rely on her to confirm that this sense of dread seemed to fade, once she had taken us to safety. If the presence she felt was indeed the hunter's, it wouldn't have faded, had the hunter been amongst us that night. Or so I believe."

(((ooc: Meh. Sorry if it doesn't make sense. I'm sleepy, and I have a headache.)))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Field Researcher
#863 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 8:12 AM
At the mention of her name, Esther looked up and locked her gaze on Adrien, listening to him speak.

Finally, someone seemed to be trying to think about the situation instead of just blindly accusing. The fact that it was Adrien suprized her slightly. Perhaps he could learn to look beyond what he had learn to be true. Or perhaps he was merely trying to save his own skin.

Esther rested her head on her hands, which were firmly clasped together below her chin and waited for an appropriate pause to indicated that he had indeed finished speaking. Now was certainly not the time to aggravate everyone with hasty interjections.

When it seemed her turn to speak, Esther began with a sigh, "It is true. On that first night there was a palpable sense of dread when the hunter was near and once we were safley in the labyrinth of the sewers it left." Esther made certain to slowly let her gaze rove around the table, locking eyes with each vampire in turn to emphasize what she said next, "Unfortunately it was not the only time that I felt that sense of dread. It seems that each night the hunter had intent to murder - and on some nights succeeded - we have picked it up on an instinctual level. Sometimes it faded, sometimes it grew so intense the urge to flee was overwhelming and on those occaisons it would dissipate as soon as what I assume must have been a safe distance from the hunter had been reached."

She paused slightly, trying to discern looks of recognition, looks of unease - anything - on the faces of those around her. Dissatisfied with the results she continued.

"Logic dictates to us that one of those assembled here must be the hunter. And yet do we feel the palpable dread now? I, for one, would find it difficult to discern the difference between that dread and the palpable tension in this room as we attempt to reach impossible conclusions from minimal information. Perhaps we would not feel it anyway if the hunter did not plan to kill, but to use us to do it for him. While the sense of dread is a confirmation that the hunter exits, it is by no means a way to "track" them down. Perhaps we could think of a more profitable thing to discuss. We could go into backgrounds, but most here are either new to the city or very young - both suitable covers for a hunter. And the hunter could just lie, we have naught but honour and trust to work with there."

Slightly more quietly, Esther turned to Vahn who seemed to be seething as he sat listening, "I understand your frustration little one, I too want nothing more than to see the blight of this hunter removed. If I did not, I would not have risked coming here - especially considering the last meeting's events." Bringing up, however subtly how she too was accused at the last meeting was a gamble, but perhaps they would see and understand how important it was for her to be here.

Leaning back in her chair, Esther surveyed the expressions in the room once more before adding, "So does anyone here have any suggestions as to how we ought to proceed? The night will not last forever."
#864 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 11:22 AM
Default Mina VOTE!
Vahn was the first to respond. Ferocity spearing his words as he adamantly declared he would also destroy the hunter. At least two who had associated with him had met their demise. And she herself had been wary during their one confrontation. Still he laid no defence. Perhaps he felt he needed none? She had been wary with him alone, but an angry youth was always a danger, drawing attention into the shadows and threatening all who associated.

His words were followed by those of Stella. Mina listened carefully, considering each word like a judge and jury. Her head tilted slightly and she nodded softly as Stella gave her defence and confirmed that she believed Mina’s testimony. Still she had so little to go on with only these meetings. Could she accept the plausibility Stella’s voice contained?

Mina was drawn from her thoughts as Adrian started to speak but still she kept her eyes forward. Not glancing in his direction, staring adamantly at the wallpaper as if it had developed a fascinating life of its own. Yet it hurt her to do this. She wanted nothing more than to just walk out with him. To turn her back on this mess. To leave the natives to their quarrels but she knew it would follow her one day.

Still she was a Tremere. And with that came the cold suspicion of everyone of them, even him, though it destroyed her heart to admit it. She could listen to her emotions and stand at his side blazingly challenging anyone to refute them. But her head knew better. She had to appear to be as cool and distanced from him as the others.

When he confirmed her statement still she turned her head to him, no smile glazed her lips but her eyes softened their intent gaze slightly. She hoped he would see that small response for it was all she could give him right now.

Adrian continued speaking and as his words ended “I'd say Mina's presence alone is evidence enough that I'm not the hunter. If I was, she too would be missing, non?" Mina nodded coolly at the table confirming his statement to all present. She had been present with him on the nights of several attacks.

Her unease towards him calmed a little, he had not mentioned what she had told him the distrust she had seen so clearly in those dark eyes. He had not thrown that out sacrificing her trust like a lamb to the slaughter as a defense to save his own skin.

Adrian ended referring to Esther’s sense of dread and Mina’s eyes flew to her studying her intently. With the distorted face Esther’s expression was hard to read as she continued on speaking from Adrien. What she said was well thought out but something in her defence raised Mina’s suspicions. As the Nosferatu mentioned those occasions that she had been present Mina’s eyebrows raised slightly and her eyes narrowed. She fought instantly to maintain the cool calm exterior hoping none had noticed the flicker of intense distrust on her face.

Esther
finished her defence with the question, "So does anyone here have any suggestions as to how we ought to proceed? The night will not last forever."

Mina nodded firmly once at Esther and asked “If everyone has presented their defence that wishes. Should we put this to a vote?” She looked around the table, her face a stone mask wondering if any one would challenge her tenuous authority.

Her eyes flew to Vahn as she gave him a cold smile. “Civilly, please.” She nodded at him then resumed looking from one to the other.” We have to do this some way. So state, whoever you believe to be the hunter. I do not doubt that they are present here tonight, if you like give any reasons and feelings, however absurd that justify your vote.”

“So shall I begin?”
She asked as she laid her hands down upon the table and finally dropped her eyes down to stare at them as she clasped one hand in the other. Drawing her thoughts and suspicions together to form a logical train of thought.

“I have reasons to doubt all here and none. My last instinct was fatefully wrong and I condemned an innocent person but now the feeling of distrust I have has grown.” She paused considering her feelings once again and glanced quickly at Adrien, wanting nothing more than to take his hand in hers so she could feel any doubts towards him wash away. For he out of them all she needed to believe.

“I believe one has been present on more occasions than the others. That is the logic I can give you all. The rest is feelings, the instinct I have to survive this night and the next.”
Her words were concise and truthful she felt no need to elaborate.

Mina’s eyes raised to meet Esters and she spoke softly but firmly. “My vote for the hunter is Esther.” Once she’s said her name Mina once again let her eyes flow around the table surveying the expressions of those present.

((OCC sorry it’s such a long post I’m aware we are already on extended time… and I’m impatient. I’ve not seen Lusty online but if they post I’ll edit away at my post happily ))
Test Subject
#865 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 2:39 PM
Default Stella
After Adrien had spoken, Esther presented her defense. Stella had been with her at the shore of Santa Monica, but she had not had enough time to get to know her.

Now Mina spoke again, while Stella was still deep in thoughts. Suddenly she heard the other woman say "My vote for the hunter is Esther."

She opened her eyes widely, surprised by Mina's words. "Could it really be Esther?" She thought. She had not been on her list of suspects but then again Stella knew non of the Vampires present that evening very well. She had always felt uncomfortable near Esther, but she thought that this was probably only due to her look.

"Well, Mina, I can understand your vote," she said, "However, I do not think it is her. My vote for the hunter is Adrien."
As she spoke her last words, she nodded and tried to watch Adrien's reaction from the corner of her eye.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#866 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 3:22 PM
Adrien listened intently as Esther spoke. While the two of them might not see eye to eye on certain matters, he couldn't deny that she did so with wisdom. She did have a point in what she said, he had to admit that, as much as it displeased him to be robbed of one of the tiny pieces of evidence he'd been able to present, stating that he was not the hunter.
However, she didn't say much to defend herself. Maybe she thought simply showing up, after last time, was proof enough? Maybe she thought her presence now, after having been accused of being the hunter, showed a courage and a dignity no mere mortal would possess?

Adrien didn't buy it. Nor did Mina, apparently, as she moments later cast her vote on Esther as the hunter.
But while Adrien didn't think Esther's presence proved anything, the wisdom with which she spoke had made him think twice about accusing her once again. At the moment, she seemed very much like a true Nosferatu to him. And while that in itself might not mean anything, Adrien currently had stronger suspicions about someone else in the room. Someone that did not fit the image.

"Well, Mina," Stella said, but Adrien barely listened.

He was back to studying the faces around the table - one in particular - in search of any more signs to convince him he was on the right track.
Until he heard his own name mentioned;

"My vote for the hunter is Adrien."

Immediately his eyes snapped back to the Toreador female, narrowing as his gaze locked on her. His upper lip curled in a wordless snarl, a mere hiss escaping his lips at the accusation.

"On what grounds?" he demanded.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Field Researcher
#867 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 11:07 AM
When Mina's eyes locked with Esther's as she pronounced her vote, Esther was flabbergasted. It was one of the few times in her life that words completely failed her. She sat in shock for a few moments as a sick, choking feeling clawed its way up her throat.

It is happening again. Can they not think?

By the time she had regained her composure, Stella had started speaking. She fought back the urge to interrupt, speak her mind then and there. It would serve no purpose other than to raise tensions further and alienate her from the others even more than being of her clan did. Stella pronounced her vote for Adrien at which point he hissed a demand for her to explain her reasoning. Stella seemed not to have an immediate reply.

Esther snatched the oppertunity to interrupt.

Her voice low, but calm, Esther turned to Adrien as she began, "Try to stay calm. Hearing one's name uttered by another for this is never easy, but we should try to keep things civil."

Turning her gaze to meet Mina's Esther commented, "Normally I would consider your logic sound. But that was the very logic by which I voiced Ada and helped condem her as she had been the only one to be at all the same places as the hunter. Unfortunately it seems that whomever the hunter is, they avoid such easily identifiable patterns."

She allowed a slight bite of bitterness to penetrate her next comments, "When I spoke earlier I had hoped to avoid wasting time on the painfully obvious. Had a hunter wished to pose as me they would have required extensive plastic surgery to mimic this bone structure - damage that would never be able to be fully repaired. And that doesn't even begin to mimic this skin which would require complex artistry which would surely falke away , particularly at the joints." Esther flexed her fingers openly above the table for all who wished to see and examine them, she then reached down and lifted her shirt just enough for then to see that the yellowy-green parchment skin was there too, as well as her oddly bloated abdomen contrasted against the drum-tight skin throwing her ribcage into stark relief. "I would offer to strip for your examination, but that does seem somewhat crude and perhaps that is enough to show the extent to which the rot spreads. No mere human would mimic this. Their psyche's cannot handle it, and even if they could the effort required to complete the disguise would be too much and to maintain it, nigh impossible." Esther let out a small pained chuckle at the thought.

She looked at everyone around the table once more, "To find the hunter we must try to penetrate the disguise that they are using. One that will be easier to maintain over such a long period of time. Vahn is the only one who remains of his clan. An easy suspect. However, we have already seen that the hunter seems to avoid such obvious patterns and Vahn's distress and anger at the hunter's actions seem completely genuine to me, he would have to be a consumate actor. Looking for less likely patterns that leaves two clans of two for the Malkavians and Ventrue are slaughtered an I have not seen hide nor hair of the Gangrel in a long time. I have no love lost for the Tremere in general, but I am inclined to believe your support for each other - if one of you were a human I would be almost certain that the other would have to know. Combine that with the complexity of Tremere society and its many rituals and I am disinclined to believe that either of you are the hunter or surely the rest of the clan would have picked something up. This leaves the two Toreador."

Esther paused for moment to examine their faces before continuing, "Strangely enough, in my years of experience if a clan is infiltrated or used as a disguise it is most often the Toreador closely followed by the Ventrue. Many oft dismiss the clan as daydreamers and any oddities in behaviour are merely seen as eccentricites rather than the give aways that they are.
Setites have spied upon Camarilla proceedings so disguised, as have a number of others. Why couldn't a hunter? The question merely remains which Toreador?"

Esther took a deep breathe, she did not relish what she was about to do. She was not completely certain, but was as sure as she could be under the circumstances. "There is one whom we would consider above reproach for their supposed age. Normally most would not dare to question a Methuselah, but under these circumstances I would imagine it to be the position the hunter would want - unquestioned. And did someone not mention an Egyptian sigil on the first night that the hunter managed to kill - Stella, you were there, you could correct me if I am wrong. Perhaps it was a small boast, a chance to gloat and yet slip awayunobserved into the safety of their charm, delightful nature and position. My vote for the hunter is Illustra."

Esther leaned forward, elbows on the table and head in hands as she tried once more to breathe deeply. she prayed that she had not accused an innocent again.

((Ooc: Yay!!! Reasonings, discussion! Now this is a meeting!))
Test Subject
#868 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 1:41 PM
Default Stella
When Stella spoke her last words, Adrien hissed and she could feel his anger. "I hope I made the right decision ..." she thought.

The man demanded to know her reasons, and just when Stella was about to answer, she was interrupted by Esther.

The woman presented her defense, she seemed to be suprised by Mina's accusation. Stella tried to listen but once more her attention was drawn to the beautiful archictecture of that room.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard her name. "What? Did she just accuse me?" Stella thought in a small wave of panic. But then Esther said that she voted for Illustra, which was a shock for Stella.
"Could it be one of my own clan?" She didn't know the metusaleh very well ...
She asked Esther to repeat her reasons, as she had not fully heard them, and so she did, although seeming a bit ... angry?!

"Well ... Indeed, you are right, Esther." she said carefully. "But this could as well be a false trace, couldn't it?!" she continued, full of doubts. She sighed. "I really don't know. What do the others here think?"
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#869 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 2:31 PM
Default Adrien
Waiting for Stella to explain the accusation made towards him, Adrien never once took his eyes off her. The hint of green that was usually there, a shimmer in the pools of umber, was gone, leaving his eyes looking almost black.
It was a weak thing to do; accuse him without presenting a shred of evidence. Not even a gut feeling. It was as if there was no reasoning behind it, just a simple way of shifting the attention away from herself. And why would she want to do that? Why would she be in such a hurry to point her finger and shifting the focus off of herself that she didn't even take the time to state her case? Unless she was trying to save her own skin?
It was something a hunter would do. Granted, an ineptly prepared hunter, but a hunter nonetheless.

But that thought brought him back to his own reasoning regarding himself; by the way he had hesitated and faltered before speaking, he'd hoped the other vampires would realize that the enemy simply wouldn't send someone that wasn't prepared for anything.
And so, what he had hoped would free him of any accusations from the others, now saved Stella from his.
But he still felt the anger simmering in his veins, and was just about to repeat his demand, when suddenly Esther decided to speak:

"Try to stay calm", she said, her voice the epitome of the serenity she wished to inspire in him. "Hearing one's name uttered by another for this is never easy, but we should try to keep things civil."

Only then did Adrien tear his gaze from Stella, and instead look at the deformed creature that was Esther. She was right. Unless they tried to remain civil, history would have a greater chance at repeating itself, and the anxiety and the aggravation in all of them (all but one; the hunter) would push them over the edge of reason, and once again an innocent could be targeted.
Yes, she was right. And at the moment she was, ironically, the only one he could relate to. Mina's blank stare had left him questioning the kinship he'd felt with her, and he had now pushed it aside, until he might be given a chance to confront her.
It was almost funny how the one he himself had once accused of being the hunter, had now become the one he felt a connection to. Despite their differences, and ever so strong aversion towards one another, she was the one to best understand the rage he was feeling.

And it made him feel almost guilty to have accused her at the last council. He hadn't looked very far beyond the surface then. Now, as he listened to her speak of what would be required of a human being to act the part of a Nosferatu, and of how the hunter had seemed to operate thus far, he saw that she truely did hold the wisdom of the Nosferatu. And while it was still no guarantee that she was not the hunter, it made him trust her far more than he did the others. Mina included.
It felt almost like a divine lesson, ending up with the understanding of the person who not only was in the same situation as him, but had also once been put there by him. In fact, it almost made him smile at the irony. He knew he wasn't all too humble at times, and especially not towards Esther. Maybe he deserved to be taught such a lesson.
And as he listened to her talk of the Tremere, and how she did not believe neither him nor Mina to be the hunter (thus speaking for him, willingly or no), he decided that he owed her an apology. She let her head guide her, and wasn't mislead to find flaws, by her feelings of contempt.
But as no one changed over night, least of all him, he had his doubts that he would be able bring himself to voice his apology tonight, even if he got the chance. And since there was no way of knowing if they would cross paths ever again after this night, he settled with locking gazes with her briefly, and give a small but curteous bow of his head, accompanied by an equally small and gentle smile. It wasn't a full-on apology, but it was as close to one as he felt he would get this evening.

Then she moved on to speaking of the Toreadors, and Adrien's head perked slightly. The way she had intentionally left them for last, indicated that she suspected one of them. Just like he himself did. And as she explained her reasoning, he couldn't help but nod slightly in agreement with what she said.

"My vote for the hunter", she finally concluded, "is Illustra."

After her explanation of the possibility and conveniance of a hunter hiding behind something that a younger vampire might not have the nerve to question, and also the symbol seen at one of the locations where vampires had gone missing, her choice came as no surprise.
And again Adrien gave a slow nod. However, before he could speak his agreement, Stella interjected, having the nerve to ask Esther to repeat her reasons. Adrien simply stared at her. Had she not listened? With matters this important going on, had she actually had the nerve, no, the ability even, to zone out? Foolish bumpkin!

"Well...", she said, once Esther had stated her reasons - again. "Indeed, you are right, Esther. But this could as well be a false trace, couldn't it?! I really don't know. What do the others here think?"

Hearing those words, Adrien could no longer hold his tounge.

"I think, that instead of only questioning other's logic, you should present your own", he spat. "If you can pay attention long enough to manage."

But as he didn't really expect her to explain herself - not when she hadn't when asked the first time - he continued, turning towards Illustra.

"I will make my accusation swift. I second Esther's suggestion, and cast my vote on Illustra. Esther's reasoning is undeniably the one here most based on pure logic, and while I did already have my suspicions before she shared her reasoning, her words have done nothing but add to them. You, Sir, seem to take these matters all too lightly. I overheard your conversation with your companions at the last council, and I would've expected a Methuselah to be far more concerned about the current events taking place in our city, than you appear to be doing. Quite frankly, you seem to be hiding behind an image too heavy for you to carry."

He fell silent briefly, only to continue once he had recalled what he'd heard Illustra say at the previous council;

"You claim to be over a thousand years old, but have... What did you call it? 'The virility of a hundred-year-old vampire'. Meaning, if you fail at acting your age, you've already provided us with an excuse. Not a very clever one, but an excuse nonetheless. Add to that the 'increased wisdom' you claim to possess. Where is this wisdom of what you speak? So far, the only wisdom we've heard you share is that of modern fashion, and none regarding the matter at hand."

Again he fell silent, but this time it was to bite his tounge. The venom and animosity in his voice were becoming all too apparent, and he reminded himself to try and keep calm, for the sake of everyone. At least every innocent one.

"I apologize", he continued flatly, and raised his chin slightly to try and regain the dignity and poise he usually possessed. "I did not intend to antagonize, merely state my opinion and the reasoning behind my vote. My feelings are running a bit high at the moment, as I'm sure you can understand, being in the same situation yourself."

(((ooc: I agree, skylark. I'm loving this!
What fustrates me is that I noticed something about the person Adrien is accusing, something that made me even more suspicious, but it's something that Adrien can't possibly have seen as he wasn't there, and so he can't mention it! Gah! *lol*)))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#870 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 9:08 PM
Default Mina RP
Mina’s head turned looking hard on Stella as she accused Adrien of being the hunter. The look was unmistakeably filled with cold silent anger. As Vahn had witnessed previously to accuse one Tremere would bring the wrath of them all. Her own doubts she would accept, due to the heightened nature of this meeting, of being hunted like foxes through the farmers’ fields so she did not know anymore who to trust. Scared that her feelings for him breached any objectivity she might have in the matter. But to hear his name uttered on the lips of the Torodour made her blood boil.

She listened silently, respectful as Esther gave her defence citing her disfigured body and showing them all her proof. The parchment skin would be hard to fake and it was truly hard to see how anyone could produce such a disguise. Mina nodded to confirm that she understood her points took them onboard. She listened carefully her head tilted slightly to one side as Ester gave her own testimony behind her vote for Illustra. It was clear that the Torodour would be more easily faked and Esther spoke with a certain knowledge and drew the argument together coherently in a manner that Mina could accept. But before she could seek out further clarification of Ester’s defence Stella spoke again.

Mina turned to face her expecting an explanation. But when Stella continued without giving any reasons behind the accusation Mina’s eyes turned to venom her lip curling upwards into a slight snarl. At least Vahn had had the decency to admit it was only his misguided instinct. She bit down on her tongue remembering to be civil and so did not speak as she battled to regain composure. Ester’s words toward Adrien a careful reminder as she silently simmered.

Adrien continued next backing up the reasoning behind Esther's vote with some of his own. Sound reasons from a mind she could respect. She faulted slightly at her own accusation. It wouldn’t be the first time that her instinct would be wrong on this matter. Could Illustra be the hunter? His Toredor-like charm was apparent but he didn’t install in her a sense of ancient wisdom of respect.

She turned to the Torodeor.I too would like to hear Illustra’s defence. Although such an old man running around with the lusts of a teenage boy on prom night merely before caused me amusement an intriguing argument has been put forth. One which does need consideration this night.”

Next Mina turned to Esther taking her chance to say what needed to be said. “Thank you for handling my vote in a reasonable manner Esther. If you are innocent so be it. I do not know you so my vote is not based on any personal feelings of malice” She stopped noticing the slight tremor revealed in her voice as she spoke.

Pulling herself together she continued her voice taking on the cold calm edge from before. “But I cannot deny that I harbour certain mistrust due to your presence more than once when others met their demise. None here, that I am aware of, have been present at every hunter attack. Which leads me to believe that the hunter must have an accomplice someone who through, love, threat or another misguided reason will destroy vampires on their behalf.”

“Your disfiguration is entirely apparent. But what better way to hide amongst us. To be above reproach, so horridly disfigured that no-one would believe they were human. A hunter would not have to disfigure themselves through extensive plastic surgery. Perhaps they were born to the fate or suffered a horrible accident. To me at least it does not offer a solid defence though I do admit it would not be the easiest of disguises to adorn.” She paused and took a deep breathe. “But it does give a motive. A hatred for those who have a certain immortality of their flesh beautifully preserved for all. But each night preserve that existence by drawing from the blood of humans. I do not wish to draw your hate merely to point out another side to the reasoning.”

Mina frowned slightly as she finished, the last part was the hardest. Despite her vow to herself to conceal her emotions, to be impartial, she could not sit there silent whilst Adrien was unjustly accused. Her emotions swirled in a whirl around her, if others took the same irrational vote he would be taken from her and she would lose the only person she had connected with in so long, there would be nothing she could do to stop it. These thoughts stirred her to finally respond to his accusation.

Her eyes narrowing into slits as she looked upon Stella she could not disguise the ferocity in her voice. “You lay your vote on the table as a simple accusation. One I cannot accept. If you would like to give some reasons behind your vote, I would be most grateful.” It was a barely concealed threat. One she fully intended to act upon.

(Also loving this…Mina’s swaying and being as indecisive as I am…And probably making things worse but she cannot help it….

And I’m sorry Mina’s asked questions so 3 different people can respond but there’s loads going on hopefully I've got it in the right order))
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#871 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 1:38 PM
(((ooc: *jumps up and down in her seat with anticipation*
Sorry. Couldn't help myself. )))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Test Subject
#872 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 1:49 PM
((Argh ... I just saw that ladt post, veldagia. I promise to write another RP this evening (my time), but right now I don't feel creative enough ))
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#873 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 3:56 PM
Since this is the last round and you all seem to be enjoying it etc, I'm letting this go on for a while longer And the freeform will go up, I can't promise exactly when but in the near future, so you can think about your character (if you want a new one that is :P) and perhaps research some of the disciplines if you don't know what they are (like me :D)

I'm really happy to see you guys enjoying this last round though :D

#874 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 5:39 AM
Vahn observed the others as calmly as possible, visibly twitching at the effort every now and then. He growled low in his throat, only twice, once when Mina advised him to be civil and another when Esther referred to him as "little one." Lucky for the sanity of everyone present he was intent on discerning the hunter's identity; it would only damage his pride further if he was to interrupt the discussion with petty bullshit.

As it was, he found every argument to be valid--save Stella's. He wondered if she suspected Adrien for the same instinctual reasons he had before. The dark-headed vampire no longer held an untrustworthy stance in Vahn's mind. He remained intimidating and eerie, however, and Vahn still couldn't put a finger on the energy he so fervently exuded.

Mina was a different story altogether. She seemed even more guarded than she had the last time he had faced her. Her eyes were frigid and unrevealing, her lips grim, and her voice firm. Could it be that she was hiding something? He turned her defense over and over in his head but he sensed no immediate loopholes. Her cold demeanor could be due to a number of things and Adrien agreed that he had witnessed her feed. Besides, they were all more rigid and nervous than usual tonight. Perhaps he appeared the same way in her eyes...

He glanced down, watching his own pale fingers tap the table's surface absentmindedly. Then he realized that the heel of his left foot was performing a similar action on the floor below. Annoyed, he made a conscious effort to halt these motions and busied himself with a loose thread on his jacket sleeve instead.

Back to the task at hand: Esther was not so simple to decide on either way. As he had noted before, her vile appearance made her an obvious target. She had made a very acceptable point when she mentioned the fact that no human could ever impersonate a Nosferatu--at least not without undergoing extensive torture and/or reconstructive surgery. He could not imagine that any human would want to kill vampires that badly. Her knowledge was unmatched, she had defended him as well, and so he mentally crossed her off of his shit list.

But then came time for her vote and Vahn's eyes widened slightly in surprise as she explained her reasoning. His gaze shifted to Adrien as the green-eyed vampire followed suit and casted an identical vote moments later. Then his eyes flew to Illustra to monitor his reaction, wondering how he would charm his way out of this one.

Vahn's jaw clenched tightly as he strove to maintain his calm. Something had clicked in his brain, something that now seemed so obvious, after what had just been said. His mind was racing and the gears were grinding in his head. Think, think think! How many times had Illustra's actions been suspicious? Had he simply appeared in a puff of smoke, taken them all by surprise, and lured them into his appealing little web? Was it possible that he himself had been fooled that easily? Had Vevila? Was that why he had sought her out in the first place, interrupting their conversation at the piano? Was the new clothing all part of his act as well, to gain their trust?

Suddenly it all made sense and Vahn could not be reasoned with, whether Illustra was innocent or not. He would not know the truth until he forced it out of him. His anger reached the boiling point as he recalled the last night the four of them--himself, Illustra, Vevila, and Veronica--were together and how nervous Vevila had been. He had wanted nothing more than to make her feel at ease and after he so evidently failed, Illustra had taken a seat beside her and attempted to do so himself. Whether or not he had succeeded, Vahn did not know, but...

"Illustra," he hissed, abruptly standing and leaning across the table toward the blond. His eyes narrowed into gleaming red slits and his palms slammed loudly onto the table's surface, rattling it. He spoke in low, growling tones. "You told me she died and I never questioned you. For some stupid fucking reason, I trusted you, but I'll be damned if I do now." He grimaced and his eyes glinted dangerously before he continued. "Everything Adrien and Esther just said is true. I was blind, totally fucking blind..."

He trailed off suddenly but did not release Illustra from his fiery gaze. His eyes remained locked onto his in a silent challenge and his body nearly shook with unbridled fury. It never occurred to him that maybe, just maybe, they were all mistaken again. Right now all he knew was that Illustra was the traitor and he must die.

((OMG, fun. I am gonna laugh so hard if it really isn't Illustra, after Vahn has made a fool of himself... Heh. :eviltongu ))
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#875 Old 6th Sep 2007 at 11:50 PM
(((ooc: So... What happens now? Are we waiting for lustyforlife to respond, or...? Because as far as I can see, everyone has voted.... Right?)))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~

Page 35 of 37