Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 7:02 AM
I love the work that gets done around here, so waiting a little extra time for it will just make it sweeter

~My Sims hate me~
I don't blame them though, I learned how to BoolProp and they've been scared ever since!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 9:00 AM
downloads offline, this mean the second servers been kicked on and some works being done? - ps dig the work Delphy and everyone, its good to see a site that has commitment and doesn't just die off into oblivion, and best of all, free! charging is wrong. so very, very wrong.

"They say misery loves company, we could start a company and make misery. Frustrated Incorporated. I know just what you need, I might just have the thing, I know what you paid to see...put me out of my misery, I'd do it for you, would you do it for me?"
Test Subject
#53 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 2:14 PM
Oh dammit... I'm pleased that we're getting new fileservers, but I only get to download stuff every other weekend... Hopefully I'll be able to download stuff later today...
Field Researcher
#54 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 2:49 PM
That's wonderful. That's always a good thing. Although still sad cause this is my weekend of the month with internet. Ain't no thing. Means I can try other things on the net....hmm I think I might get lost. I think I better tie a rope to here for safety(don't ask sounded funny in my head)

*Please ask before you upload any of my creations or atleast gimme credit. =) Please. Thank you* Wanna make a neopet! They are great! =)
Test Subject
#55 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 4:44 PM
Anything that makes downloading easier is fine by me
Test Subject
#56 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 5:25 PM
I have been downloading from MTS ever since they were devoted to the original game. I can get frustrated at times with the download problems, but being a network administrator, I can also sympathize.
I wanted to take this opportunity-while I am not obsessed with downloading everything I see here - to say THANK YOU to all the wonderful creators and contributors to this site. You have taken my Sims game from something just to pass the time to an obsession.
Keep up the wonderful work and good luck with the server!

"We Gladly Feast on Those Who Would Subdue Us!"
Field Researcher
#57 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 5:37 PM
OMG! You must have gotten the new servers up & running, because all of the sudden my downloads are blazingly fast! WTG Delphy & the entire MTS2 staff for all your hard work! It's paying off!

Yay! Downloads are extremely fast now!
Test Subject
#58 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 5:57 PM
whoa, instaspeed, cheers delphy, you giant pimp

"They say misery loves company, we could start a company and make misery. Frustrated Incorporated. I know just what you need, I might just have the thing, I know what you paid to see...put me out of my misery, I'd do it for you, would you do it for me?"
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#59 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chocodile41203
I have been downloading from MTS ever since they were devoted to the original game

chocodile, I don't know what site you are thinking of, but there never was an MTS1. This site only started just before the Sims 2 came out and has always been focused on just the one game.

Crowie / Mimi, actually I'm still waiting for the second server to go in, but I've been doing some other experiments which you are starting to see come into fruition today.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#60 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 7:46 PM
Well, whatever you're doing, keep doing it, you're doing it right! what were the experiments dare i ask?

Test Subject
#61 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 8:02 PM
Understandable :]
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
There will be times when I will deliberately ask people to hammer the download servers - this will be a good stress test for them. So be prepared.

I am ALWAYS ready, willing, and able to hammer the servers!
Test Subject
#63 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 2:42 AM
It must be contagious, my brand new pc crapped out on me, so by the time Circuit City replaces/fixes it, I'll be starting all over. GREAT NEWS about the new servers.
Test Subject
#64 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 6:38 AM
Default You're utterly indispensible to the sims2 internet...
... as I'm trying my first foray into medieval building and the ONLY kitchen sets that aren't pay downloads are hosted here...

So, godspeed. :-) "Get well soon" balloons and flowers all 'round to the mts2 download servers!

(Or, I don't know, is "get well soon" the right theme or is this more of a new birth "congratulations" thing? Regardless. Eagerly awaiting news.)
Field Researcher
#65 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Crowie / Mimi, actually I'm still waiting for the second server to go in, but I've been doing some other experiments which you are starting to see come into fruition today.

Well, whatever your "experiments" are, they are making the downloads go MUCH faster! Thank you Delphy! If we can see this much improvement already, I can't wait to see how good things are when you do get both servers up & work out any kinks you might find. This is great!
Test Subject
#66 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 7:12 AM
It's running close to smoothly now. You lot are amazing...

I think I'm going to go play with my (now) beautiful simmies.
Test Subject
#67 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 9:36 AM
yay I cant wait!!

Evening news is where they begin with 'Good evening', and then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
Test Subject
#68 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 9:42 AM
Default Downloads?
Is this the reason why I can't download anything?? The downloads start but get stuck midway...
Hopefully it's not me...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#69 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 9:53 AM
Yes, cara, a lot of people are having the same issue - just have patience

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#70 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 10:51 AM
I just lost all of my CC from here in a game crash, had to reinstall seasons and lost all my DL's, i can't wait for it to get done. i need to do some serious re-DLing, will the Q-Xpress be working as well?
Test Subject
#71 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 11:51 AM
Thanks!
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Yes, cara, a lot of people are having the same issue - just have patience

Thanks for the reply WHITERIDER... I thought it might be the case but was afraid there was something wrong with my computer! I'll do my best to be patient, it'll be worth it I'm sure! :D
Test Subject
#72 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 2:36 PM
So i guess this explains why my downloads have been so slow lately. I really should start reading these Site News this.
Test Subject
#73 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 5:04 PM
No Qxpress yet, But Okay, I'm Patient.

Get Your Own Box.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by auntekay
Intelligent people will understand & be patient? I didn't realize that disagreeing with someone else was a sign of ignorance? While I'm not always in agreement with how people voice their opinions here (for or against) it is still a right & privilege of free people to voice those opinions ~ at least here in the United States. I'm always amazed at how some of those who love the changes here at MTS2 literally attack anyone who doesn't. I've always thought of intelligence as a companion to good manners & understanding of those who are not so educated, once must make allowances and such. There will always be those who's views do not follow the main stream, had thought that was what our fore fathers were trying to guarantee with the government they set up though it does function more as a Republic rather than a true Democracy. Still was a noble attempt I think. But that is just my opinion, berate me as you will for it.

Sorry but i think this was meant to be an informative article, not one that makes people argue. Be happy we get 2 new servers -_-'
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 5:29 PM
Thanks for the new servers! Ive noticed the downloads dont finish or even start lately. THanks so much for all your hard work! Keep it up!
Take your time, as long as it gets fixed!
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: Downtime is long over
Page 3 of 7