Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 11:53 AM
Default Downtime notification / Paypal update / General June message - PLEASE READ
Hi All,

I'm going to cover a few things in this news post, so please bear with me.
  1. Firstly, I am going to be performing an upgrade to the MTS2 file and thumbnail servers on Friday, 30th June starting at 8am GMT. Due to the massive amounts of data I need to transfer to the new servers, I cannot give an estimated time of fix, however I will be updating the site wide announcement system at that time.

Due to these upgrades, downloads, thumbnails and uploads will be offline for that day.
  2. Secondly, we have resolved the PayPal situation as reported in previous posts. Thank you to Paypal for working with us in this, and thank you to everybody who supported us. We are investigating alternative donation methods as well and will post soon about it.

As you may or may not be aware, MTS2 survives purely through donations and ad revenue. We are not a paysite, and we do not require you to pay to gain any special access, but your continued support is needed to keep the site running. A lot of you know this already, but I figured I'd mention it anyway.
  3. Thirdly, you may or may not be aware that MTS2 has things like a MySpace community, Live Chat, a photo gallery, and other things that aren't essential but help to promote the community spirit that brings so many people together. I'll be putting up a "Site Extras" page soon to showcase these other sites and pages soon.
  4. Lastly, I have some new features I'll be putting on MTS2 soon, including a journal/blog/guestbook system and, now that Q-Xpress 1.1.3 is out, a way of queuing up all files from a particular download post, so that you don't have to click on every individual file to grab it in QX.

We are always striving to make MTS2 and the other sites even better for you, the community, and feedback is always welcome, so long as it's not completely insane

Have a great day and I'm going off to eat birthday cake now. :D

Regards,
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 12:20 PM
OMG!!! Those features sounds great! I cannot wait... Yippie!!!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 12:30 PM
happy birthday!
Scholar
#4 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 12:42 PM
I am jealous,because I LOVE cake...Happy birthday!
Instructor
#5 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 12:48 PM
Thanks for the info. I was wondering about the donations thing since I was getting a paypal message that donations were not going through. Happy Happy Birthday!!

* If you download my sets please note that I usually include a collection file. Please do not pm me that you can not find something from my sets if you have not yet installed the collection file. I do it for a reason. Thanks!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 1:15 PM
Quote:"....feedback is always welcome, so long as it's not completely insane."

Uhhh..., I guess that leaves me with nothing to say.

Except Happy Birdday!
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 1:31 PM
Happy B-Day
Enjoy your cake.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 1:40 PM
sounds great

my dear lord, it's the ferocious black beast of Rhipsanydoridontodontodontodon, with its large black teeth that can eat 3 humans at once, mate 3 times a year, can reach an average speed of 80 miles/hour, and is 50 ft aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggghhh

P.S. if you have seen him put this in your signature
Field Researcher
#9 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 1:42 PM
Bye old pal...Hello new pal!!!

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 1:43 PM
Hey, save some cake for the rest of us!
Happy birthday, and looking forward to the changes.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 2:29 PM
Ooooooo!! Good updates! Oh, and

Happy Birthday! :D

My Policy:
  • Don't post any stuff anywhere but this site.
  • Give me credit.
  • I don't take requests unless they are pets or pets objects/other items.
  • Enjoy!
Scholar
#12 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 2:30 PM
Sounds cool! I hope the cake tastes good.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 2:32 PM
Happy birthday, Delphy. Mu aunt owns a bakery + cafe, I can ask her to make you a cake. ^^

*Glares* >:( What are you looking at?
Test Subject
#14 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 2:37 PM
The changes will only help improve our enjoyment of the site.

Happy Birthday Delphy!!! How old are you??? Oh yes 21 ;-) LOL
Instructor
#15 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 2:40 PM
I understand that while you perform maintanance on the site downloads and thumbnails will be unavailable, but will we still be able to use the search bar to browse through the site?

All the new features sound great as well. And Happy Birthday Delphy.

-deviantinvader

Beep boop.
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 2:41 PM
hiya thank for the news and happy birthday :D
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 2:47 PM
Happy B-day!
I'm pretty sure we can bear through not having downloads for a little while *sniffle*
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 2:48 PM
Delphy, You are awesome! This site gets better and better all the time. And easier too. I appreciate the dedication and hard work you and your merry band of moderators do for us. Happy Birthday lad!

Alcohol will not solve your problems...But then again, neither does Milk
Instructor
#19 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 2:53 PM
Well even though we won't have MTS2 for a little while it should be worth it with the upgrades and such.

Happy Birthday!

Please do not upload any of my lots to the exchange, or any other site.
If you would like to see more of my lots click here.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 2:54 PM
Happy Birthday
A very Happy Birthday to you, Delphy! Have a piece of cake for me as well; Thursday, June 29th is my birthday! I'll have a pint in your honor!
Test Subject
#21 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 3:00 PM
<sings> Haaappy Biiiiiiiirthdaaaaaay to youuuuu!!

<ducks as peeps throw tomatoes>

Instructor
#22 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 3:16 PM
Happy Birthday Delphy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visit Sims 2 World sometimes if you like.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#23 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 3:18 PM
I will miss MTS2 on 30th...
Hope everyth will be OK

Happy birthday, dear Delphy!
Best wishes in all!!

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#24 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 3:19 PM
Pfft. You're meant to be taking a day off! Happy birthday Delphy, and thankyou very much for saving me the trouble of setting up my new blog myself... :D
On my second-favourite forum of all time (MTS2 taking first place of course!) we have a tradition of posting a cake whenever it's someone's birthday, so... CAKE!!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 3:22 PM
Happy happy birthday!

-Isis-
Page 1 of 6