Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 11:25 AM
Default Body Overlays for Toddlers and Children
Hi, guys! I've been using these overlay boxes for some of my hoods and they're great, though I noticed that I can't use them on toddlers and children (please correct me if I'm wrong). I was wondering if anyone would happen to know where I can find similar ones for these age groups for immersion purposes, especially the dirt overlays.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 1:16 PM
I don't think there are a lot of overlay boxes for the younger ages. I did once modify a tattoo box I wasn't planning on using, by changing the textures and ages on the box. This woked fine for the younger ages. They need different body overlays because their bodies are mapped different from adults.

Making the overlays is a lot of work. I did once try to make an overlay box with all ages included, but gave up halfway and found another solution instead.
Scholar
#3 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I don't think there are a lot of overlay boxes for the younger ages. I did once modify a tattoo box I wasn't planning on using, by changing the textures and ages on the box. This woked fine for the younger ages. They need different body overlays because their bodies are mapped different from adults.

Making the overlays is a lot of work. I did once try to make an overlay box with all ages included, but gave up halfway and found another solution instead.

What was the solution if you don't mind answering?
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 5:04 PM

You're right - I could barely find any overlay boxes for the younger ages, which is too bad it's usually those stages that suffer from poor hygiene the most in my medieval and post-apocalyptic hoods. It does look like quite the undertaking, so I understand the scarcity and I can't imagine being capable of editing them myself anytime soon. Thank you for answering though.

Out of curiosity, if you don't mind me seconding the question, what work-around did you manage to use?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 8:00 PM
I made a combo of an outfit and an accessory. The accessory looked tons better than an overlay would, though it still would've been nice with the overlay for other purposes.
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 7:50 PM
I made a combo of an outfit and an accessory. The accessory looked tons better than an overlay would, though it still would've been nice with the overlay for other purposes.

Oh, I get it. Overlays would've been my preferred alternative to perpetual green clouds, but we'll have to settle for grungy clothes and, if I can find any, full face make-up of some sort. Maybe one day in my wildest dreams, I'll figure out how the mapping and make them work. Thanks, simmer22.