Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 10:00 AM Last edited by simsprincess13 : 23rd Jun 2018 at 11:56 AM.
Default Crunchy/blocky graphics
Hello!

Who can help me? I installed the sims 2 ultimate collection, but I can't seem to get the graphics right.
I already got my resolutions right and smooth edges on via the Graphic Rules thingy.
But still, if I compare my game (see pictures ''my sims'' & ''door'') to other people's games (see ''youtube clip''), mine looks different. The best where you can see what I mean is by looking at the fridge.

I also attached a screenshot of my settings.

Who can help? I would cry
Oh and I'm aware of the shadow thing, I know how to disable that.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 12:20 PM
That's a smooth edges problem (anti-aliassing) - but it could be your graphic card is overruling the ingame settings since you've got this setting on the highest. Could also be something wrong in the "graphic rules" file.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 12:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
That's a smooth edges problem (anti-aliassing) - but it could be your graphic card is overruling the ingame settings since you've got this setting on the highest. Could also be something wrong in the "graphic rules" file.

thanks for replying! do you know how I could change the anti-aliassing thing?
thanks again!!
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 12:47 PM
Yeah, you've got anti-aliasing turned on in the game, but it's obviously not working. My suspicion is that simmer22 is correct and your graphics card is overriding the game settings. Is there a separate program that contains settings for your graphics card that you can bring up to mess with the settings? It might be available if you right-click somewhere on your desktop. I have an NVIDIA graphics card, and when I right-click on my desktop, I can bring up the NVIDIA Control Panel. If you've got something like that, see if there's an anti-aliasing setting that you can fiddle with.

Also, more generally, many people use lighting mods and post-processing mods/methods to make their game look better in pictures/videos. Beyond that, outside of the game, some people will also heavily edit their still pictures in an image editor like Photoshop. I imagine that there are similar editors for videos (I don't make videos, so I wouldn't know), to make the videos look better. So, what you see in videos/pictures is not always what is actually possible in-game. So, bear that in mind.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 12:50 PM
I had similar issues, smooth edges was 'on' but not on. You might have to redo the graphic rules. I had other worse issues and ended up getting a new graphics card, so new card + new graphics rules and that fixed all my issues.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 2:04 PM
Thank you all SO much!! I'll try this out.