Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 11:02 PM
I SWEAR that English is my first language but

"Keywords on download posts that are in space-seperated lists, as opposed to comma seperated, now get split into individual keywords"

No comprende! Can anyone explain?
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#52 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 11:05 PM
Cee,

Previously, if you put in keywords like so "medieval ancient stonework" then the download screen would show it as one big long url. Now it shows it as three individually tagged keywords.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 11:49 PM
Thankies Delphy for making these changes. But 1 question... with the stars are they given to the downloads that are good to high quality but didnt have quite the right status to get featured?

Im just a little confuzzled about it. Anyways thanks for the new changes .

If you are insane, but still sane enough to know it, are you insane or sane?

Find all my creations here
Theorist
#54 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 2:10 AM
I think that the stars are a good idea, and it is good to see that three of the top Ancients contest entries now have stars.

But it would be nice to be able to separate the Features so that one could just browse those. Perhaps a Features button when displaying the Top Picks page would do the trick (similar to the Contests button on that page).
Scholar
#55 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 7:42 AM
Interesting changes. A wee bit confusing, but interesting and a very nice idea! I do need to point out one issue and I'm not sure how many profiles it affects, but is there any way to REMOVE a Featured Creator's trophy?

The last time I looked, which was like, about 10 minutes ago, I still had a Featured Creator's trophy under my screen name. But I don't have ANY content whatsoever posted anymore. I was basically a "One hit Wonder" and my featured skin set was so past its prime that the distinction is completely outdated and no longer merited.

I don't want anyone misled by the trophy to bother looking at my forum profile. Also, I think I may still have a journal feature available to me, but without content to my name, that should be deleted, too, so the resources can go to an active featured artist.

Anyway, I don't know if the system is meant to be automated to recognize when an artist no longer meets the MTS2 criteria or definition of a Featured Artist. In case it is supposed to, I mention this in case there is a glitch somewhere since I still have all the goodies of a Featured Creator but I'm not anymore. I don't want to hog resources that I no longer have a right to.
Alchemist
#56 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 9:00 AM
Well, I'm one of those who can't show any stars so I'm more happy if Delphy won't correct the bug (hehehe). Nope, stars are not suddenly appearing even as a wrong function!
Thank you for these new changes, boss. Ciao!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#57 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 9:37 AM
summersong, the system is not automated, no - if you remove all your downloads then you retain the featured trophy becuase thats assigned to your user not to specific downloads. You have to either get noticed by a staff member or contact them.

Sophie: That will be part of my Search and Filter improvements coming in the next couple of days.

Scholar
#58 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 9:33 PM
Thanks Delphy. I assume people with Moderator under their title are the ones with the ability to edit out the icons??? Do not have to answer that--it is just a question I had which is why I didn't approach a staff member. I will try to find the answer myself. Sorry for my ignorance I am just unsure as on some forums I am on moderators only watch for bad language and it is the forum owner who is the only one who can make data changes. I do not mean to trouble you under this news topic. Sorry also for poor grammar. Bad migraine coming up on me suddenly, everything is going a bit blurry.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#59 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 2:48 AM
Summersong the site moderators (or admins) have colored names on site and also usually their title (even if a bit silly) does indicated that they're a moderator. You can send a message to any of them if you have a question or problem. If they cannot help you, they'll pass it on to someone who can.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#60 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 3:36 AM
tig, this reminds me of something: apparently there's no easy-to-find place on this site where people can see who the moderators are and (roughly) what they do -- I know I have seen some kind of list somewhere (with "groups" in the URL I believe, not sure if you know what I'm talking about): wouldn't it be possible to link that from the "About" page? That would make it a lot easier for less frequent visitors to figure out who to ask in cases like this one.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Scholar
#61 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 6:51 AM
That is a good idea Plasticbox. This site is already one of the best organized Sims sites and that would certainly help even more. And Tiggerypum thank you and thanks to whomever fixed my status to remove the appreciated but now un-merited Featured Artist icon. I will miss it but maybe someday can earn another one. Or not...I think I may be more comfortable being a "Regular Joe".

I am not ungrateful for all the wonderful things being Featured brought my way, it is just my personality--I am more comfortable cooperating just to make pretty things. Being given distinctions makes me feel I am competing for attention against other artists or being compared and that makes me a little shy and nervous to contribute. I rather just look at the stats of downloads and how many people added me to Favorites to judge how my work is being received and to measure my progress. Stars and Features denotes I was judged good by a few people behind the scenes and I don't even know what their criteria was so it causes some confusion and discomfort to me.

I am sorry to have been a bother about my icon but I sometimes get confused by the titles under our names. Like mine says "Instructor". I guess it is because I posted too much? I am guessing it can't be something meant to be taken seriously. I am not qualified to instruct anybody about anything. I can't even make a default file. I can do a limited number of things fairly well. That's about it. Even things I know how to do well, I can not always convey. Sometimes my writing is very clear, other times it looks like English is not even my native language! It depends on my health at the time I make my post, unfortunately. Or how much sleeptime I am cutting into. I have to wait for my family to be asleep to do my own thing here at the pc. Sometimes I have fallen asleep in the middle of making a Sim. That would explain why most of them are not fit to be uploaded! And why my posts just drag on and on.

Thanks again.

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#62 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 9:09 AM
Plasticbox, If somebody has a problem with the site, or about something they don't understand, then that is entirely what the Site Issues forum is for. Which is linked - it's even in the dropdown navbar.

I'd rather have people posting in that forum than PMing a staff member all the time, becuase often what they want to know can easily be answered by another member.

The list of moderators is available, yes, but not what they do - that list is held internally and will not be released for public viewing.

Field Researcher
#63 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 4:10 PM
delphy, is there any way that you could make it so that we can view our submissions threads when they're in the moderator queue? it's a lil bit of a niggle that you can't actually view your own thread unless a mod tells you to edit it or it gets approved...
Instructor
#64 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 4:38 PM
Great changes, especially 'unsubscribe from forums' option But - is it just me, or tooltips with post summary are gone from New Posts? They were useful :-<
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#65 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jasana_BugBreeder
Great changes, especially 'unsubscribe from forums' option But - is it just me, or tooltips with post summary are gone from New Posts? They were useful :-<

Ah yes I noticed that too and forgot to say anything. I always used to use those to save me opening threads I knew I couldn't add anything useful to.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#66 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 6:00 PM
Tooltips with post summary in new posts? That hasn't been there for a very long time.

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#67 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 6:14 PM
Was too! It was there immediately before this weekend's downtime. Or it *could* have been the one during the week, but I am pretty sure it was this weekend.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#68 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 6:58 PM
Hrm, well, nothing I did should have affected that... and I haven't had them in my new posts for well over a year, so... I dunno.

Instructor
#69 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I always used to use those to save me opening threads I knew I couldn't add anything useful to.
Same for me
It certainly was here less then year ago - most likely until the most recent downtime.
Though, before it allowed more than it should - I think I said it earlier - since I was subscribed to Creator Feedback, I saw new threads from Creator Issues in New Posts, and their first posts were shown in tooltip - though I hadn't enough rights to view the thread. Delphy, could it be that you fixed this glitch and, how to say it, overfixed it? :o
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Complainin' as usual :

* For me no Featured items appear on top of the subsections -- only atop the main download page.

I really like that option for users like me to browse through the featured items in each subsection, it's more efficient in searching. Now that only 4 featured items are display in the main downloads page, it doesn't give much publicity for the rest of the featured items in each subsection. So if I wanted to download a featured house I would have to view pages of the non-related featured items such as the clothes and makeup before going the featured house I want.

Just some qualitative feedback on the new layout....

WM64

LOTR Sauron: "Time??, What time do you think we have?"
Page 3 of 3