Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 2:58 AM
Default This...architectural style?
Hey guys! I'm wanting to build and was inspired by this lot,
it's not available ofc, but what I really want is to know the type of architecture style this is based off of. I'm not really from America but this type of architecture reminds me of port towns like with seamen....like maybe in Rhode island or some other northern coastal town. I want to google maps it but not sure where to go...I'm in Nova Scotia atm. Any ideas?

but can't figure out where to find
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 3:04 AM
I'm not sure if that's American, that's not the vibe I'm getting. Could be French. Could even be a few places in Britain. Definitely a coastal style though.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I'm not sure if that's American, that's not the vibe I'm getting. Could be French. Could even be a few places in Britain. Definitely a coastal style though.

That's kind of what I was thinking like old english, I just happen to know even less about the english though and what I do know is based on what I've seen in America.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 3:12 AM
Not a typical English though. It's coastal, but it's also definitely a bit French. So that means the very southern parts of England. Then again, I don't know a whole lot about it either.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 3:17 AM Last edited by pretenshus : 17th Jun 2018 at 3:30 AM.
Thanks for the help though! Can't be sure I really know what I'm looking for but I was hoping someone from a coastal town in one of the northern states can correct me.

edit: Cornwall, England has been rewarding also "New England" with emphasis on "new" might have been the buzz word I was searching for.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 3:58 AM
No no, this is very helpful! I do prefer brick facades though. St. Charles Missouri has actually been the biggest goldmine as far as what I'm seeing in my head goes.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 5:39 AM
It's like a cross between Cape Cod and Art Moderne. Never seen anything like it down here.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 7:13 AM
I have seen a heck of a lot of the US and at first glance that did not read as US to me. My initial thought was somewhere along the English Channel, France or England, but not really. I also thought of Old Quebec. So, I really am of no help either! It is a complete hodge podge of styles/elements.

If you like it just go ahead and do your version and it will be what it is.
Instructor
#9 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 8:50 AM
It kind of reminds me of this: link

So you might google 'coastal new england fishing shack' as there's a lot of photos of this and similar places. The mixed materials also might indicate one side was built first and the others added on, or perhaps the stone portion was the home and the other portion was used for something else. You do see a lot more connected buildings back east, I'm betting because of the severe weather and it probably being safer to just follow the wall of the building instead of wandering off hoping you're heading towards the barn, lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 1:44 PM
It reminded me of Oxenfree's (great game btw) island's main street style. It's supposed to represent american island town, but the style looks more like brittish or french coastal towns.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 2:33 PM
Thanks everyone!
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 11:31 PM
An update for anyone interested simblr http://one-plumbbob.tumblr.com basically captured the imagery I was going for. Now I don't have to build my own crappy lots.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Roof tile suggests western USA coastal, Spanish style.

BTW, if you want that lot...

The Ship Tavern (Sim3pack)

The Ship Tavern (Package)

Thank you!
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 10:40 PM
I don't mean to revive but after more digging I landed on Nantucket Mass. and it is exactly what I want and looks nothing like the pic I posted but here we are.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 11:53 PM
I have been wanting to do a Nantucket CAW for ages. Would love to see what you do. I really like the world Heaven is doing also which has a Cape Cod, Nantuckett feel to it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I have been wanting to do a Nantucket CAW for ages. Would love to see what you do. I really like the world Heaven is doing also which has a Cape Cod, Nantuckett feel to it.

Oh lol, it wont be an all out large beautiful world. I have a short attention span. I really just wanted an island world that wasn't tropical since small islands are all I play and tropical always gets trapped in the touristy vacation theme for me. Sorry to disappoint. I'll still post the pics of the absolute scheisse I come up with though