Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 2099
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 1712 (Who?), Viewed: 63775 times.
Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 9:20 PM #1701
simmer22
Mad Poster

3 Achievements

... First bingo!
... Second bingo!
6 out of 25 left (but I think all of those are for the voting part )
Last edited by simmer22 : Yesterday at 10:47 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:11 PM #1702
PANDAQUEEN
Mad Poster

Finally found that extra dark cocoa powder for my Zebra Cheesecake.

Have you even seen a 99% cacao chocolate bar? It's nearly all black and Lindt, who makes those round truffles makes that bar.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Old Today, 12:07 AM #1703
simmer22
Mad Poster

3 Achievements

And with the confetti, there's full house on the bingo
Eurovision is so much funnier when you make a game out of it.

I also did a mesh mashup while watching, because Eurovision only manages to capture a small bit of my attention...
Last edited by simmer22 : Today at 12:22 AM.
Old Today, 2:07 AM #1704
Pideli
Forum Resident

8 Achievements

Haha I'm an expert on Eurovision, I've been right almost every time. So I'm happy. Rooted for Russia though, but believed in the Netherlands.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Simland's Next Top Model - Cycle 2 Part III is out!
Ephemera MoreColorful (SimpleSkin Recolors) - Custom and DEFAULTS!
Old Today, 3:17 AM #1705
Emmett Brown
Scholar

It was a nice, sunny day. Weather service says it's supposed to rain the next 4 days, so I went out and worked in the yard.
Owwww! I over did it. And I got too much sun. I take a drug that specifically says I'm supposed to avoid sunlight. I feel icky and sunburned. Oh, and I spent too much time on my new knee. I went to the store to buy stuff. Tissue was on the list, and was on the other side of the store. My knee.... shoot. "Forget it! I don't need tissue, I'll wipe my nose on the dog."

Edit: Someone please share about Eurovision. Everyone is talking about it and I have no clue.

Edit 2: Who throws out the liniment? Seriously? I was just to the store and I had no idea that my liniment had been thrown out.

Sims are better than us.
Last edited by Emmett Brown : Today at 4:29 AM.
Old Today, 3:58 AM #1706
simmer22
Mad Poster

3 Achievements

Long story (3+hours) short:

The Netherlands won, and it wasn't an awful eardrum-destroying song (I kinda liked it, though not my favorite).

Sweden thought they'd win, but lost (that priceless look on his face! *I'm gonna win, I'm gonna win, I'm gonna... just 93 points??? WHAT??!?!?! But I needed at least 253!!!* *shock, surprise, jawdrop* *gather sanity* *fake smile for camera* *goes to cy in a corner*) - they came 6th after Norway (5th, which won the public vote by quite a lot of points and beat the rest of the nordic countries, so I guess Norway is very happy even if they didn't win). I did feel a bit sorry for Sweden's singer though, because I did like the Swedish song better than the winner's.

Awful middle part during the public voting. I think they called it music, but I'm not so sure, because it appeared more like speaker static had dipped down to the bowels of a costume designer's worst rejections and picked out costumes blindly. I turned down the volume and diverted my attention to a meshing project instead. I know my music taste is rarely on par with the rest of Europe, but still. Some songs I really don't want to hear again and again.

Madonna, there to promote her new song/album, has either lost her vibe or had a really bad day. Sour vocals, awful performance that seemed all over the place, and waaaaay to long (felt like it lasted for an age and a half, possibly 5+ minutes). Never been a Madonna fan, and I've certainly not become one after this performance. Maybe it's time to retire, 'cause she's had her time in the limelight by a thousand...

All in all, Eurovision at its best. At its worst it's soooo much worse (For some reason, the songs I like tend to end up somewhere in the middle, and some of the ones I absolutely hate end up in the top 5). I mostly watch it to support my own country, and wonder when/if the shit will hit the fan, because there's been some very strange winners over the years.

Bonus: I filled in my entire Bingo board (because some things are bound to happen during Eurovision)
Last edited by simmer22 : Today at 4:34 AM.
Old Today, 4:27 AM #1707
Emmett Brown
Scholar

So, Eurovision is some sort of "Gong show", a race to the bottom singing contest?

Sims are better than us.
Old Today, 4:28 AM #1708
simmer22
Mad Poster

3 Achievements

The show has a lot more in common with a 'Hunger Games Idol audition for first-time songwriters' than a song contest, to be honest... And those who've watched it probably know what I mean
Old Today, 5:16 AM #1709
Graveyard Snowflake
Scholar

Eurovision sounds more like some international singing contest that at least part of Europe gets really invested in - but of course, what does some American like myself know about all that??

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Old Today, 12:24 PM #1710
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown
It was a nice, sunny day. Weather service says it's supposed to rain the next 4 days, so I went out and worked in the yard.
Owwww! I over did it. And I got too much sun. I take a drug that specifically says I'm supposed to avoid sunlight. I feel icky and sunburned. Oh, and I spent too much time on my new knee. I went to the store to buy stuff. Tissue was on the list, and was on the other side of the store. My knee.... shoot. "Forget it! I don't need tissue, I'll wipe my nose on the dog."

Edit: Someone please share about Eurovision. Everyone is talking about it and I have no clue.

Edit 2: Who throws out the liniment? Seriously? I was just to the store and I had no idea that my liniment had been thrown out.

Feel better, Emmett.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Old Today, 1:48 PM #1711
Volvenom
dodgy builder

17 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Sweden thought they'd win, but lost (that priceless look on his face! *I'm gonna win, I'm gonna win, I'm gonna... just 93 points??? WHAT??!?!?! But I needed at least 253!!!* *shock, surprise, jawdrop* *gather sanity* *fake smile for camera* *goes to cy in a corner*) - they came 6th after Norway (5th, which won the public vote by quite a lot of points and beat the rest of the nordic countries, so I guess Norway is very happy even if they didn't win). I did feel a bit sorry for Sweden's singer though, because I did like the Swedish song better than the winner's.

Madonna, there to promote her new song/album, has either lost her vibe or had a really bad day. Sour vocals, awful performance that seemed all over the place, and waaaaay to long (felt like it lasted for an age and a half, possibly 5+ minutes). Never been a Madonna fan, and I've certainly not become one after this performance. Maybe it's time to retire, 'cause she's had her time in the limelight by a thousand...

Typical Swedes, going out big to scare off the competition. Lovely that Norway came first, I bet that's going to bother the Swedes for a long time

I was wondering about Madonna as well. I boicotted the competition this year though, because of Israel. What are they doing in a european competition anyway. That's the US doing I bet, poor Israel surrounded by Arabs on all corner.

Grand Prix is a bonding competition in Europe kind of. It's a lot of politics. Countries behind the old red curtain vote like friends. Scandinavians used to do the same, but I probably not anymore. Because of politics the winner can easily be a song no one likes. The songs used to be absolute crap because of the voting system, but then they changed it and now it's more fitting what people usually like elsewhere in Europe. Normal music. Then they changed the voting system again. I hate it, because now they have this system with country judges. I prefer a system where people vote and not those annoying judges.

Anyways ... Eurovision is fab as a bonding thing, where we can discuss who likes who and who don't
Old Today, 2:19 PM #1712
simsample
Edge Of Darkness

19 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Bonus: I filled in my entire Bingo board (because some things are bound to happen during Eurovision)

I thought that the UK would end up with nil points this year, as we've managed to annoy the whole of Europe by attempting to leave. Even Ireland is cross with us, due to the possibility of a hard border returning, and those are usually the only points we get! Madonna was hilarious!

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH
***Sims File Share- ask me for a code***
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Old Today, 3:37 PM #1713
PANDAQUEEN
Mad Poster

My father is spending all of his off hours getting the garden ready for his seedlings and sprouts, but I wish he invested in a hat like the French Foreign Legion wore: where it shaded the back of the neck, nape and and all because he keeps burning it. I know he also uses SPF 100, which is because we're extremely pale, like "whiter than sour cream" white, but that's not enough.

I am appreciative of his work, but it means I have to start planting my black corn, carrots and edamame after my second recovery and the last time I got badly burned, I didn't notice until we ran out of the aloe and lidocaine mix...then I screamed loud enough for that stupid zoom out joke where it could be heard on the other side of the galaxy. As dramatic as the setup sounds, when the sensations of pleasure and pain of any degree is ramped up to 100x more intense and you receive a burn of any sort, only then will you understand how painful it is for me for a simple burn.

Overall, June is looking up.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire

Section jump: