Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1017
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 471 (Who?), Viewed: 12343 times.
Search this Thread
Old 19th Sep 2018, 11:10 PM #451
HarVee
Theorist

5 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAQUEEN
Lately, I have been seeing strange visions. No, they weren't of love or dried sugar dusted fruit. I have a sneaking suspicion something hides in the forest and it hides in various spots around town. The town I live in is barely 100 years old as a town, but the tavern across the river has been part of New Jersey since the Pre-Revolution Colonial era.

That may be where my soul wandered off to. I had put up flyers but no one seems to know anything. He goes by the name Jesse and doesn't bite. If you find him, tell him to come home.

"I'm breaking my own rules, becoming someone else
Well everybody says I oughta get over myself
I'm thinking I can't move
If there isn't somewhere else to go"

- We Are Scientists. Can't Lose. ©Virgin Records America, Inc. 2005.
Last edited by HarVee : 19th Sep 2018 at 11:22 PM.
Old 20th Sep 2018, 12:23 AM #452
haywud
Top Secret Researcher

@Bigsimsfan12 Hmm seems you don't have a lot of things there. Do you have internet? What about telephones? Dr Pepper maybe? Wouldn't you like to be a pepper too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarVee
That may be where my soul wandered off to. I had put up flyers but no one seems to know anything. He goes by the name Jesse and doesn't bite. If you find him, tell him to come home.
I used to have a friend named Jesse, also an uncle and my grandfather. Unfortunately my grandfather is dead and I no longer talk to that friend or my uncle so I'm not sure they're the same ones you're looking for.
Old 20th Sep 2018, 11:16 AM #453
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywud
@Bigsimsfan12 Hmm seems you don't have a lot of things there. Do you have internet? What about telephones? Dr Pepper maybe? Wouldn't you like to be a pepper too?

What is an internet? Who is Dr Pepper?

On a different note, I finished my dissertation yesterday so I now feel.... bored. There's no impending doom feeling or need to procrastinate that I actually don't really want to do anything Life is going to be weird from now on.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old 20th Sep 2018, 9:12 PM #454
haywud
Top Secret Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
What is an internet? Who is Dr Pepper?

On a different note, I finished my dissertation yesterday so I now feel.... bored. There's no impending doom feeling or need to procrastinate that I actually don't really want to do anything Life is going to be weird from now on.
Hey what happened to the @ thing? Anyway, an internet is a special tool used by fisherman to catch fish and Dr Pepper is the name of a scientist that specializes in peppers of all kinds... true story! Life is already weird as it is, I'm not sure it can get much weirder.
Old 20th Sep 2018, 9:36 PM #455
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

@haywud WEIRD. Also my tablet has broken and won't charge. Grr. Skype call tomorrow maybe? (this question is to the public too )

I'm feeling nervous. Just submitted my dissertation after having it linger around for 4 days.

Old 21st Sep 2018, 10:27 AM #456
haywud
Top Secret Researcher

@Bigsimsfan12 Well I'm sure I can find time in my super busy day to do a call, I might have to put sitting on my ass and playing games on hold though. Haha maybe we could get a MTS group chat going or something... on second thought, I struggle enough 1 on 1 lol!

You're going to do well, I know you will. I know you will anyway, though let me know the results. Good luck!
Old 21st Sep 2018, 11:23 AM #457
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

@haywud So you're awake then. Did you see my beautiful pictures?

Old 21st Sep 2018, 8:44 PM #458
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Went grocery shopping and ran into George again.

I found out Ernie and Dom's will be now known as Ernie's due to disputes with the combined families and the in-fighting that led to new ownership arrangements. We tried the pizza, but it was only 25% less of its original quality. In fact, the dough for the bread base was more like a flat baguette.

Otherwise, I bought some sugar snap peas and gyoza dumplings.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Old 21st Sep 2018, 9:51 PM #459
HarVee
Theorist

5 Achievements

Spending my last weekend here with my Brother. Gonna get shit faced probably. Hopefully.

Feeling uneasy right now. Not because of the booze. I haven't been drinking... yet. I swear occifer! I'm sorber!

Old 21st Sep 2018, 10:12 PM #460
haywud
Top Secret Researcher

@Bigsimsfan12 If you mean on Skype, no I haven't I'm sorry. I haven't been on there today, just kind of felt like meh today. I had a pretty bad break down this morning, just not my day it seems.
Old 22nd Sep 2018, 9:07 AM #461
RicoSuavecito
Field Researcher

1 Achievements

I kinda notice I get triggered in odd ways that I'm reminded of things.

- Sent from my iHell
Old 22nd Sep 2018, 8:53 PM #462
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

My mother worked a 60-hour work week.

We have this running gag between me and my parents that if management at their jobs is squirrelly...Maybe because there are squirrels in charge and they're out to work the employees to exhaustion. We usually say the famous quote "This squirrel's trying to kill me!" from SpongeBob especially she normally works 4 10-hour days a week but since the week before was her staycation, she worked 5 12-hour days this past week.

I have yet to delve into a couple of multiverses.

Old 22nd Sep 2018, 11:14 PM #463
Emmett Brown
Forum Resident

Epic bad therapy session for my kid. Therapist threatened to ask her not to come back.
I'm fed up with living with a couple of crazies. I'm getting serious about divorcing and getting a place of my own. I can't take care of these people, I need to take care of myself first.

Sims are better than us.
Old 23rd Sep 2018, 12:36 AM #464
Gargoyle Cat
Original Poster

Alchemist

1 Achievements

Trying to hype myself up for a self-imposed, semi-internet break that starts tomorrow. I've been rough around the edges all summer, time to close that chapter.

Here is what my break will look like:

I don't watch TV, so I'll still be using YouTube to listen to music and watch the few YouTubers that I have left on my list. I dumped the rest of them as they're now clickbait channels.

Check the weather / email

Pay bills / banking stuff

Download / look up sims related stuff when I go back to playing my game.

When I get through the books that have collected dust all summer, I'll be downloading free books from my library.

Should a PM land in my inbox here on MTS, I will read and respond to them. There is only one other forum I post on and that's for fish. I don't post there often because of all the drama. Instead of people fighting about which version of the sims is best, they fight about water change schedules, nitrate levels, whether people can mix African and South American cichlids, ect...

This sums up my new and very dull internet life for the time being, not that it was / has been exciting to begin with.

@Emmett Brown I'm sorry and I hope you're able to figure out what you need to do so things get better.
Old 23rd Sep 2018, 3:09 PM #465
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

I feel super nauseous and bloated. I literally feel like a garbage bag.

@haywud that's okay, when you're feeling better we can have another call.

Old 23rd Sep 2018, 4:56 PM #466
haywud
Top Secret Researcher

@Bigsimsfan12 I'm trying, though can't seem to keep it together lately. I spent all day yesterday in bed, only getting up for the bathroom, just didn't want to get up. You might be feeling like a garbage bag, but I feel like I belong in one because I feel like a load of rubbish. Be nice to go a full day without crying for once.
Old Yesterday, 12:59 AM #467
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

I finally caught the multiverse runner from my research. He escaped Canada and hopped from universe to universe. Finally caught him. He's just some skater boy slacker. He's no Charles Dickens, history's original "Skater Boi". For those of you who know of Dickens' life and work beyond A Christmas Carol, his Yuletide pulp novel (It was quickly written to pay for medical bills for his wife's 5th pregnancy), he had a successful series titled Little Nell, which had a similar popularity to Harry Potter.

My research involving theories of time\space violation was bothering me for the past couple of days. But the runner has been sent back and contained.

I hate when the sand doesn't stay in the sandbox in sandbox mode

Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM #468
haywud
Top Secret Researcher

Spent a couple hours chatting with someone this morning then spent another 30 minutes or so chatting with someone I haven't heard from in a few months, and I still just feel completely alone and dead inside. What is wrong with me?
Old Yesterday, 11:46 PM #469
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Been upset because my medicine is not being filled yet or any more.

But I otherwise had an okay day. Not much to complain about otherwise

I am working on my shopping list.

Old Yesterday, 11:55 PM #470
HarVee
Theorist

5 Achievements

I'm stuck in the metrognome.

Old Today, 10:13 AM #471
RicoSuavecito
Field Researcher

1 Achievements

I went to my therapist and scored a 4/5 suicide risk. I had to have a pre-intervention and if I get worse into the hospital I go. I have never disclosed details of actual attempts for fear of that. The flu shot made me mildly sick. I wanted to draw something earlier but I forgot what.

- Sent from my iHell
Old Today, 10:44 AM #472
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Did not sleep on this full moon night!

Every time the moon is full around the equinox or solstice for the seasonal change, I can't sleep. So I find myself playing music with the cats listening to whomever I feel like listening to on my CD boombox.

Out of the 365.25 days, 4 of them have me wide awake like all those cartoons involving sleep deprived characters trying to sleep, but the environment will not allow it.

I have to get some sleep and wake my mother at noon for her graveyard shift at the pet supply warehouse. Dad can handle his waking up for his dish washer job at the barbecue grill and bar.

Argh! Why can't I sleep!?

Section jump: