Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2017 at 8:27 PM Last edited by lloyd118 : 28th May 2017 at 4:24 PM.
Default Swimming issue
Ok so I thought i solved this issue which is why i deleted my last post but basically on a new world im making on certain parts of the map once a sim goes in the water he wont go home if you click go home, and just keeps swimming around to a far away bit of land instead of a bit thats close, unless you click part of the land and then go home, for example he was in the sea and instead of going home via the nearest bit of land, swam round to a river then went on the land near that, anyone had this? Is this a problem? Thanks to anyone who can help, quite baffled with this
Edit: I'm at loss with this, I even tried this on a new world barley touched just shaped it and put one lot down and its still doing this! Like why wont the sim just go on the land then home why does he sim round far away and then go home
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th May 2017 at 9:40 PM
Default screenshots of routing
Here are two screenshots of the routing, before and after rebuild hope this helps
Screenshots
dodgy builder
#3 Old 29th May 2017 at 12:38 AM
For them to swim on to the shore there needs to be right slope and there has to be good routing.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th May 2017 at 2:22 AM Last edited by lloyd118 : 29th May 2017 at 3:04 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
For them to swim on to the shore there needs to be right slope and there has to be good routing.
Ok thanks for replying, just wondering what's wrong with the routing in that pic? I'm not working on that world anymore, but this problem is also happening on my new world. I find it odd about the slope thing as on my friends world their sim can swim to a steep slope and get out the water, also if I tell him to go to that part he will,.. just not if I tell him to go home from swimming there.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th May 2017 at 1:29 PM
Default Ok so this is what i dont get
To me the routing here looks fine? and there is some flat land near the beach
Screenshots
dodgy builder
#6 Old 29th May 2017 at 3:38 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 29th May 2017 at 3:53 PM.
Have you painted the uneven high ground blue? It doesn't seem like you intend them to be used?

I've heard quite a bit of rant about how the water transportation works in this game though, so it may just be a buggy feature.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th May 2017 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Have you painted the uneven high ground blue? It doesn't seem like you intend them to be used?

I've heard quite a bit of rant about how the water transportation works in this game though, so it may just be a buggy feature.

I havent done any routing yet actually but i dont think thats the issue as on my friends world im working on i havent painted her routing yet either but the swims sim in out in direct paths, i'm so confused with this issue, i have tried googling it as well and found nothing I am gonna be painting the rock area with non routable, bu the sand dunes arent steep so might not bother with them.

Tbh if i cant fix it i hope i can still use this world and just tell them to get out the water first and then click go home
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th May 2017 at 4:26 PM
There's must be something badly wrong with this world as i tested just now a large world i made a month ago (still very in early stages) no routing done just like a couple of lots placed and he gets in and out the water fine even when i click go home, he just goes on the nearest land normally and goes straight home no problem

Edit: actually he does still do it even on this large world Just not as much
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th May 2017 at 9:25 PM Last edited by lloyd118 : 30th May 2017 at 1:51 AM.
Default Pink routing appearing on lots in brand new map :(
I have no idea why this is happening theres no water there and i havent even touch the sea level Im so sorry for posting so much but i have no where else to go as google doesnt help, I havent updated my game since patch 1.69.43 so would doing the update improve caw? or make things worse? I did recently get WA which is a old EP so didn't think it would matter about updating since im on patch 1.69 already this would be a mini update which I didn't want to do as it messes up any graphics rules you have changed
Screenshots