Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 29th Mar 2024 at 12:08 AM
I'll keep the personality points. I will sometimes reroll the point spread if they are ridiculous and (also) uninteresting to me.

I'm ok with ridiculous and interesting.
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 29th Mar 2024 at 12:19 AM
I seem to get extreme personality more often if the parents are unreal, like a dead person or plantman NPC. With actual parents, the points are somewhat related to them. But it may be confirmation bias. Brandi Brokes baby was born with extreme personality in my game. I accepted it as an exception/mystery, and made him an artist who sometimes does crazy things.

If the zodiac was "blood type" or like I said unexplained perturbation to the attraction score (a total of some differences that are not described), it should have less impact. But as it is now, everything about a person is tied to this zodiac: his personality, his aspiration, his hobby, resulting in less variation among people. I do like how it interferes with chemistry, making it less predictable. But they shouldn't call it a zodiac then.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 29th Mar 2024 at 11:05 AM
The only difference between dead sims and alive sims is the ghost flag. Their genetic personality doesn't change. If a dead sim had a child, they could have the exact same child including personality while they were alive. Similarly, ideal plantsim and the pollination technician are just regular sims who have regular DNA and genetic personalities. The only ones that don't have regular DNA are the NPCs that you're not supposed to be messing with.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 29th Mar 2024 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
If the zodiac was "blood type" or like I said unexplained perturbation to the attraction score (a total of some differences that are not described), it should have less impact. But as it is now, everything about a person is tied to this zodiac: his personality, his aspiration, his hobby, resulting in less variation among people. I do like how it interferes with chemistry, making it less predictable. But they shouldn't call it a zodiac then.

How are aspiration and hobbies tied to the zodiac?

Chemistry at least makes sense. You get stuff in RL saying X sign is compatible/not compatible with Y sign.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 12:40 AM
But as it is now, everything about a person is tied to this zodiac: his personality, his aspiration, his hobby, resulting in less variation among people. I do like how it interferes with chemistry, making it less predictable. But they shouldn't call it a zodiac then.

You can unlink zodiac from chemistry as well as personality and hobby. I ignore zodiac but before the mod came out to unlink it to chemistry I would just change the zodiac to whatever was best for a couple.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#31 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 2:23 AM
Yes, I could use a cheat object to set in. That is what I would do on twins. To make matching twins like the Pleasants with same faces and linked personality (one worse than the other but with a similar shape), you always need to use some cheats.

If I approach the game with the goal to win, like action-RP games where you have to min-max the points of your character for optimal effect, I would probably start with at 600 to 800 in Run, then distribute the other stats between 300 and 600. If a character is born with 400 active, I'd use encouragement to push them to 501. Active makes them so much more powerful living in a big house and to do comfort draining activities like crafting. Low Neat is good for eating faster, but not below 300 or they do sloppy things. Both high and low outgoing can work.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
How are aspiration and hobbies tied to the zodiac?

If you use the in-game tools to drag the personality, the zodiac switches to match it. Townies get their default enthusiasm and the Predestined hobby based on what personality is the high/low. Runners get fitness and sports, outgoing and playful get dancing. Playful but not outgoing might get nature. Looks like multiple personality traits contribute to it the decision. But it is broadly like that.

I have previously heard that people would roll one set of virtual or physical dice, and set everything based one roll.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 8:39 AM
Not sure if this was mentioned, but I found a mod (being me, I may not be using it, but who knows)?

https://episims.tumblr.com/post/611...onality-mod/amp
Mad Poster
#33 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can unlink zodiac from chemistry as well as personality and hobby. I ignore zodiac but before the mod came out to unlink it to chemistry I would just change the zodiac to whatever was best for a couple.

There's a mod to unlink it? Got a link, s'il vous plait?

If you use the in-game tools to drag the personality, the zodiac switches to match it. Townies get their default enthusiasm and the Predestined hobby based on what personality is the high/low. Runners get fitness and sports, outgoing and playful get dancing. Playful but not outgoing might get nature. Looks like multiple personality traits contribute to it the decision. But it is broadly like that.

I have previously heard that people would roll one set of virtual or physical dice, and set everything based one roll.

Didn't know that the OTH etc. was done like that. Interesting. I'm guessing that LTAs are also done the same way.
Test Subject
#34 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 11:32 AM
I used to always leave the baby's personality as is. I got really sick of full bars and such extreme personalities though so I've started rolling dice to determine personalities and I've been really happy with the results so far. There's probably a mod out there that does the same thing, but I try to avoid mods when testingcheats will do the same thing. First I roll a 4 sided die for each trait:

1 = inherits father's stat
2 = inherits mother's stat
3 = average the parents' stats
4 = roll a ten sided die and use that number

I haven't had any alien abductions since starting this so that hasn't been an issue. What has been an issue was an unexpected set of twins. I don't know which personality to give which when they reach the toddler stage! I do like this method though because I know the personality before I name the kid. It's just these darn kids. I don't know which personality to give the girl and which to the boy and I've been struggling to even decide what I want them to be like. I imagine one of them will marry one of Cassandra and Don's kids though.

One kid ended up with less then 25 points and I left him that way. I've yet to have anyone end up with more then 35 points. As for CAS, I've only ever bothered to change a CAS sims personality to have less points once. Can't say I've ever felt the need to give more.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 3rd Apr 2024 at 11:56 AM

Just reposting this, because I'd like to know where to get such a mod?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#36 Old 3rd Apr 2024 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Just reposting this, because I'd like to know where to get such a mod?

Right here :D
https://modthesims.info/d/653309/no...-chemistry.html

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#37 Old 3rd Apr 2024 at 3:06 PM
Right here :D
https://modthesims.info/d/653309/no...-chemistry.html

Thanks! Will fix me having to change zodiac signs when I make sims of anime chars and they turn out not so attracted to their one true love. XD
Page 2 of 2