Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 10:46 AM Last edited by patul : 16th Nov 2006 at 6:09 AM. Reason: add link
Quick help : Install neighbourhood and neighbourhoods terrains
1- INSTALL A NEIGHBOURHOOD

A/ Downloaded or self created neighbourhoods
(I use "nbh" a abbreviation for neighbourhood)
They are saved as “name of nbh.SC4”.
To use them with TS2 they must be in your “…\EA Games\The Sims2\SC4Terrains” folder. It is sufficient to play (or to test).
AUTOMATIC INSTALLERS DON’T WORK. You must place (or extract) the files with your pretty hands in the correct folder.

B/ Thumbnails.
Thumbnails are shown when you create or re-enter a neighbourhood.
If you download a nbh frrom MTS2 they are normally provided,(I do it). If not see below.
They must be in the SC4Terrains folder.
They are (for all Eps):
- name of nbh.PNG : create a nbh menu
- name of nbh_lush.PNG : nbh menu
- name of nbh_desert.PNG : nbh menu
- name of nbh_dirt.PNG : nbh menu
- name of nbh_concrete.PNG : nbh menu

They are copied as default N00?_Neighborhood.png in the “…\…\…Sims 2\neighbourhoods\N00?” folder when a new nbh is created. They are those you will see when you re-enter a nbh. You can replace them by your own. (the Maxis used size is 300x225) (Here "?" is the number provided by maxis, the default nbh are N001 to N003)

If the creator dont' provide the png files (or if you import it directly from Sim City).
When you come back to the sims 2 you will have the marvellous default one with its wonderful green lines in the nbh menu ! You can play with this, it is not a bug you just see the marvelous maxis default !
So, to have a "normal" thumbnail :
* Enter in your new nbh, take a screenschot -or more- (key "c").
* Open the ...eagames\...sims 2\Neighborhoods\N00? folder (the last created), you will see a N00?_Neighborhood.png, its the wonderderful green one. Go to .../N00?/storytelling folder, edit the screenschot file you want for your nbh (pBrush its sufficient for that).
* Save this image in .PNG type (menu File,Save as...) as your ...Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N00?\N00?_Neighborhood.PNG (replace the Maxis default)
Of course, you can redo it as many time you want, or add your own image text and so on, just remind that the good size is a multiple of 100*75.

2 CUSTOMIZED TERRAINS

You can download customized nbh terrains, like grass, water, snow…
They are saved in your “…\EA Games\The Sims2\Downloads” folder.
IMPORTANT : THEY ALWAYS REPLACE ONE OF YOUR MAXIS DEFAULT. You have always 4 types of terrains.
To avoid the surprises (like beach of coconuts under snow or mountains of water.), I place these packages in their own sub-folder. The file ext. of those I use is “.package” (of course) and those in don't use at the moment “.off” so Clean Installer or SimPE recognize them too.

Deactivate or activate a package don't affect the nbh, only the look (for example the dirt is back instead of snow in the screenshot).
Sometime in a download, one of the thumbnails is replaced by a customized one or provided with an "exotic" extention (ex : nbh_snow). If you want to use a package who replace dirt by snow, firstly rename the ..._dirt.png ..._dirt.old (for example) then the snow one ..._dirt.png select the dirt terrain when you create the nbh to have the desired terrain and a correct thumbnail in your menu.

I hope I help you.

I apologize my English, mais en français je suis vachement plus balèze !!!

[b]AIDE DISPONIBLE EN FRANCAIS ICI sur le forum du DAILY-SIMS

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 4:57 PM
Thanks patul ,that's really helpful!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 5:59 PM
Thanks for the detailed help. Great Job!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 8:50 PM
Good explanation.
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 1:09 PM
I guess its just me, but...what the heck did that mean!?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 2:04 PM
<<<<I must be ahhhh dumb, but Patul, what does this paragraph mean...

[They are copied as default N0??_Neighborhood.png in the “…\…\…Sims 2\neighbourhoods\N0??” folder when a nbh is created.
You can replace them by your own. (the Maxis used size is 300x225)

Else, you have the marvellous default one with his wonderful green lines !
]

As I have just posted tonight a problem with the yukky wireframe pic, heres the link to my post....
http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=173818

I just can't quite grasp exactly what you meant in that paragraph??
I think it has something to do with my little problem

fev

On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 6:39 PM Last edited by niol : 19th Aug 2006 at 2:36 AM.
Thanks for the tutorial...

Neighbourhood/neighborhood creation linkage:

jordi
SimCity 4 terrain hints
http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimfo...read.php?t=1539

patul
Quick guide to create your neighbourhood\
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=171480
Quick help : Install neighbourhood and neighbourhoods terrains
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=172304
Tutorial :Make a neighbourhood with a map
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=174147

travellersside
Guide to Creating Custom Neighbourhoods
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=118117

Trouble-shooting thread:

Neighbourhood making help
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=168793
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Jul 2006 at 11:34 PM
i dont understand any part of the second step at all...=/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 7:04 AM
Default re:
do you use a nbh terrain like snow or water ?

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 10:41 PM
Im confused at how to add costum terrain. Can some give me step bt step and what is needed to add it. Thanks for the help.

Shilow
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 11:07 PM
1-The Custom terrain go in your downloads folder, it works immediatly
2-It replace one of the four provided by Maxis=> a replace lush(or temperate its an other name) will replace ALL your lush terrains)
so 3- place it where is it easy to find to deactivate it as you want.

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 11:54 PM
Sorry I guess I was not very clear. I want to install a naighborhood terrain. I don't now what files I will need and how to make sure they are installed corectly.

Here is a link to what i want to do. http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=174795

I hope this helps

Shilow
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 6:09 AM Last edited by patul : 17th Jul 2006 at 6:35 AM.
For this nbh you must :
- install the .sc4 file in your ...\EAgames\...sims 2\SC4Terrain.
- in the game create your new nbh (the "+" nbh)
- choose "City - Baker" in the list of nbh
-give a new name and choose a type of terrain.

Here the creator dont' provide the png files

So in your new nbh take a screenschot- or more - (key "c")
if you go back you will have the marvellous default one with his wonderful green lines ! You can play with this, it is not a bug you just see the marvelous maxis default.
Close the Sims.

Here ? is the number provided by maxis.
Open the ...eagames\...sims 2\Neighborhoods\n00? folder (the last created), you will see a n00?.png its the wonderderful green one. Go to .../n00?/storytelling folder edit the image (pBrush its good for that) you want for your nbh.
Save this images in PNG type as your ...Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N00?\N00?_Neighborhood.PNG (replace the maxisone)
You can redo it as many time you want, or add your own image, just remind that the good size is a multiple of 100*75.
Everything is normal nox.

I Hope i help you

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#14 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 6:33 PM
Thanks. Adding these kids of things to games is very different than making web sets.

Shilow
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 8:03 AM
Default Updated
Thumbnail creation added

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 1:45 PM
Thanks soooo much for that. I've downloaded a couple of Neighbourhoods but never seemed to get them to work. Now I know the Answer! Thanks for everything. You are truly Talented,
Aimee
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 1:41 PM
thank you!

.................................................................................
Sim2 Avatars - Still need some?
http://photobucket.com/albums/c89/gill_granier/
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 10:34 AM
Hello,

je souhaite me créer un petit monde pour mes sims, mais je trouve pas de tuto en francais pour pouvoir créer un Neighborhoods et l'intégrer dans les sims2.

est ce que tu peux m'aider ???

merci d'avance
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 11:23 AM
Dear moderator may I answer in french ?
Je n'ai pas traduit mes tutos, as tu la barre d'outil google ? il y a un traducteur en ligne à peu près correct avec, sinon tu vas sur le site Google et tu traduis la page (outils linguistiques).
Pose moi tes question par PM, j'y répondrai avec plaisir. L'utilisation de l'anglais n'est pas bien vue dans les forums.
J'espere pouvoir t'aider
I hope I can help you

Edit : I have this one pm me an email adress-j'ai celui-çi PM moi ton adresse mèl.

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Mad Poster
#20 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 2:19 PM Last edited by niol : 4th Nov 2006 at 2:46 PM.
If the French is translated by someone into English, I guess the posts won't get kicked.
May use the google to search this post or thread and use "translate" and paste that translation along with the posts. Then, I believe the posts are unlikely deletely solely due to the use of non-English.

Lol, may use this service... for your convinience..
http://itranslator.lionbridge.com/b...s-EntryPage.htm
http://www.online-translator.com/text.asp#tr_form

Text Translation by PROMT
PROMT offers free Text Translation service for English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Italian and Russian languages. The service is powered by new @promt 7.0 translation software.

stephanopoulos said:

je souhaite me créer un petit monde pour mes sims, mais je trouve pas de tuto en francais pour pouvoir créer un Neighborhoods et l'intégrer dans les sims2. est ce que tu peux m'aider ??? merci d'avance
-->
I like to create the small world for my sims, but I find not of tuto in francais to be able to create Neighborhoods and insert it in sims2. is what you can help me??? thank you in advance

Patul said.

Je n'ai pas traduit mes tutos, as tu la barre d'outil google ? il y a un traducteur en ligne à peu près correct avec, sinon tu vas sur le site Google et tu traduis la page (outils linguistiques).
Pose moi tes question par PM, j'y répondrai avec plaisir. L'utilisation de l'anglais n'est pas bien vue dans les forums.
-->
I did not translate my tutos, hushed up whizz the bar of google tool? there is an almost correct online translator with, otherwise you go on the site Google and you translate the page (linguistic tools). Ask question me your by PM, I shall answer it with pleasure. The use of English is not definitely seen in forums.

Lol, it's great that we now have passage translation online for some common languages! :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 2:28 PM
I sayed him to use the google translator !
I dont like too much when people use their own language, so i dont do it when it is possible
merci

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies