Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2005 at 10:35 AM
Default Choosing baby's sex
I recently started playing the sims 2 again after a few months break, log on to this site eagerly looking for new mods and was suprised no ones been able to make one to allow you to choose a new baby's sex yet.

Ten minutes work with SimPE showed me that both the "Home Birth - Prepare New Baby" (Grp:0x7F1D0F49 inst:0x0000101F) and the "Adoption - Create Baby" (Grp:0x7FA5FB07 inst:0x0000100C) both call "0x0315 Sim - Create New Sim - Child" Global with different parameters.

Since adoption allows you to choose the sex of a baby surely one of these parameters must allow you specifiy the babys sex. Unfortunatly bhav parameters confuse me.

Has anyone looked at this?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th May 2005 at 11:31 AM
I never got to choose the gender of my adopted kid!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th May 2005 at 11:57 AM
Really? I got to choose the sex of my adopted kid. Maybe it was a glitch in the game.
Part-time Hermit
#4 Old 4th May 2005 at 12:00 PM
You get to choose the age group but not the gender when you adopt a child.
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th May 2005 at 3:56 AM
Default What about . . ?
What about when it's NOT an adopted kid, is there any way to choose the gender in that scenario (if it's not a character you create but is one that gets born).
Part-time Hermit
#6 Old 5th May 2005 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by southwesternicedtea
What about when it's NOT an adopted kid, is there any way to choose the gender in that scenario (if it's not a character you create but is one that gets born).

You can't choose the sex directly, but what you can do is save the game shortly before the pregant sim goes into labor. If the baby born is not of the gender you'd like, you can exit the game without saving, go back, have her give birth again and see if you get what you want. You can repeat this as many times as you'd like. It's not just the gender of the baby that changes, but also their genetics might be different.
Banned
#7 Old 9th May 2005 at 3:59 PM
Would somewone creat a hack that u can conrole the sex
#8 Old 9th May 2005 at 4:21 PM
It would be very helpful to have a mod like this.
It really gets annoying when ur trying to make stepford wives and all you get is boys -argh-
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Oct 2005 at 2:29 PM
Surely the factw e are making 'designer' sims anyway would rule out upsets over designer babies and for those of us who just try it again and again until we get the right sex are doing it anyway so where have maxis got there problem with it?

If by any chance you wish to use any recolour I have produced in something you are going to upload do feel free.
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Oct 2005 at 2:41 PM
This would indeed be helpful. Especially when I'm trying to create my family starting with my great grandfather and great grandmother. I ended up with a lot of extra aunts, uncles, cousins, and siblings.
Inventor
#11 Old 1st Oct 2005 at 11:23 PM
I think that the code is hardwired into the game. J.M. Pescado (who, for some strange reason, has become a mute on these forums while heavily chatting on his forums) said that he tried.
#12 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 1:33 AM
can someone tell me how to make one of your sims run away?
Field Researcher
#13 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 12:11 PM
You can have a baby, and then change its gender in SimPE..
#14 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 11:25 PM
What is SimPE?
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Dec 2005 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Xzepher
What is SimPE?

http://sims.ambertation.de/realdownload.shtml

That's SimPE
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Dec 2005 at 12:21 PM
I tried to do that once but then when I went back into the game the toddlers face were gone...
Instructor
#17 Old 22nd Dec 2005 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmygurl
You can have a baby, and then change its gender in SimPE..

I did this yesterday yet when the baby turned into a toddler, she was a boy. Is there more to do in SimPE then just tick the box "treat as female"?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by motherspet
I did this yesterday yet when the baby turned into a toddler, she was a boy. Is there more to do in SimPE then just tick the box "treat as female"?

Yes There is more than ticking the box treat as female.

Change the sex of a baby in the Sims 2

There is an alternative, you can just change the gender of the baby to what you want after it's born.

There are a few steps you need to do to change the gender.

Start SimPE & load up the neighborhood. Then do Tools menu >> List Sims & look for the baby's name. Adjust the box so you can see what the character number is.

1) Open that Character file in SimPE - the Character files are located in the My Documents/EA Games/Sims 2/Neighborhood/N00?/Characters folder. In Filetypes, click on the Catalog Description to make sure it's the correct name! Now click on Age Data & make sure the Plugin View tab is the current view. Look for the line that says:

Gender (dtUInteger) = 0x00000001 (is female) or 0x00000002 (is male)

Change this to the sex you want & click Commit.

2) Now, click on the Property set (in Filetypes) Go through each one & chage the gender to what you want (see above) & click Commit every time.

3) Do File Menu >> Save

4) Now, do the Neightborhood Browser again, then use Sim Browser & locate your baby. There's a box there that says Treat as male or female, check the correct one & then Commit & Save.

That's it, they are changed.
Test Subject
#19 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 2:01 AM
Has anyone found a better hack or mod for changing a baby's sex other than using SimPE or the save and exit method? Neither have been successful for me. (I'm not to technical and I've tried the exit method over fifteen times.)
Part-time Hermit
#20 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PleasantShake
Has anyone found a better hack or mod for changing a baby's sex other than using SimPE or the save and exit method? Neither have been successful for me. (I'm not to technical and I've tried the exit method over fifteen times.)

See post #6 in this topic. Sometimes it takes many tries. And remember you have to save the game before the baby is born. The latest point to save is when the mom (or dad) giving birth starts moaning. After it goes to the loading screen "there is a baby on the way" or past that, it's too late to save because the baby has already been created. If the sim is having the baby with her/himself, then it'll always be of the opposite sex to the parent. This will happen if the dna of the other parent is missing at the time of birth (for example, the dad died during pregnancy). In these cases, reloading won't help. This is why Brandy's third child is always a boy unless you have resurrected Skip before the birth.
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 9:28 AM
Very interesting to know about the missing parent issue.

Well, I've ventured into SimPE, I've deleted all of the dead Goth daughters and the family is all back in order (I somehow erased all of their memories and relations), but now the young goth boy got the message that Bella once had: "Vincent has died on another lot..." So, does anyone remember how to revive someone with SimPE? I don't want to mess anything else, and the ressurect-career reward thing doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PleasantShake
Very interesting to know about the missing parent issue.

Well, I've ventured into SimPE, I've deleted all of the dead Goth daughters and the family is all back in order (I somehow erased all of their memories and relations), but now the young goth boy got the message that Bella once had: "Vincent has died on another lot..." So, does anyone remember how to revive someone with SimPE? I don't want to mess anything else, and the ressurect-career reward thing doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.

here is a link how resrect Bella Goth if u are intrested

http://groups.msn.com/TheSims2Datab...lbellagoth.msnw
Instructor
#23 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by meek_monkey
Yes There is more than ticking the box treat as female.

Change the sex of a baby in the Sims 2

There is an alternative, you can just change the gender of the baby to what you want after it's born.

There are a few steps you need to do to change the gender.

Start SimPE & load up the neighborhood. Then do Tools menu >> List Sims & look for the baby's name. Adjust the box so you can see what the character number is.

1) Open that Character file in SimPE - the Character files are located in the My Documents/EA Games/Sims 2/Neighborhood/N00?/Characters folder. In Filetypes, click on the Catalog Description to make sure it's the correct name! Now click on Age Data & make sure the Plugin View tab is the current view. Look for the line that says:

Gender (dtUInteger) = 0x00000001 (is female) or 0x00000002 (is male)

Change this to the sex you want & click Commit.

2) Now, click on the Property set (in Filetypes) Go through each one & chage the gender to what you want (see above) & click Commit every time.

3) Do File Menu >> Save

4) Now, do the Neightborhood Browser again, then use Sim Browser & locate your baby. There's a box there that says Treat as male or female, check the correct one & then Commit & Save.

That's it, they are changed.

That was brilliant. I followed it step by step and feel quite proud of myself as I am technically very challenged! I had 3 families with this problem but now everything is ok. I was just getting impatient with reloading after the 6th time. Up until now that was my usual method too. Thank you very much for helping. Merry Christmas!
Test Subject
#24 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 8:03 AM
Can't you use boolprop testingcheatsenabled?
#25 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by keyonte0
Can't you use boolprop testingcheatsenabled?
Yep. When you do, Spawn the Tombstone of L&D. That should allow you to create any age new sim of any gender. You supposedly can even make *anyone* the mother, and *anyone* the father of a pregnancy -- even make a male sim give birth to a child fathered by his wife. Don`t forget to "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false" right away after spawning. It apparently causes problems if you don`t. The Tobbstone can be used with testing disabled.
Page 1 of 2