Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#76 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 9:55 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 17th Apr 2017 at 12:26 AM.
I am sorry that I don't know how to upload pictures very well, some one please explain how to do them using the Old Uploader not the SWF Uploader whatever that is.

Anyway the other family I created is the FitzHugh Family Úna, Mór, Dwyer and Rhys sisters and brothers I give a lot of Sims Gaelig {Gaelic} or Cymraeg {Welsh} names even if I don't speak those language, I also like to use Germanic using the old naming format of ending in "o" for males and ending in "a" for females so most of them look Spanish, but they are really just very old names, I also use Nordic Names, like for the Beaker Family and every once in a while I give girls names like Opal or Autumn etc.
Screenshots

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#77 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Hi @lordtyger9 , nice to see you here!

I love the alien sims too! The sims in your picture are lovely. :lovestruc :lovestruc

Why not create your own thread to show off your neighbourhoods like some of the others have done?

Go here:
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
And click the big green 'post new thread' button.

I will I just got carried away with the Introductory stuff. :LOL:

I hope no one minds if I repost some of it.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#78 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 10:56 PM
@lordtyger9 Try using modyourpanties to upload images. As a MTS member you are already registered!

Instructions here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...888#post5183888

ETA: No, no-one here will mind if you repost! We love to talk about sims. :lovestruc
Top Secret Researcher
#79 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@lordtyger9 Try using modyourpanties to upload images. As a MTS member you are already registered!

Instructions here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...888#post5183888

ETA: No, no-one here will mind if you repost! We love to talk about sims. :lovestruc

Thanks I checked out the link and I uploaded a few, I plan on using it in the future. I love talking about sims too :lovestruc:

Inventor
#80 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 6:39 AM
Whoops, I'm late! Thank you for the invite. I'm pretty terrible at both writing down anything and taking pictures of my hoods. I'm... also pretty terrible about starting new hoods XD . I'm always thinking "This is just temporary until I get the real hood set up". Then when I get too invested I stop playing because "This isn't the real hood, I can't get too attached". It's becoming very clear to me I'll never get the real hood set up if I keep putting off because my downloads folder doesn't have all the neat stuff I want in it yet. So, I should just bite the bullet and make a clean sweep of all the 'temp' hoods, extracting or just recreating the sims I want to keep.

I do like to occasionally read up on what other people are doing in their hoods, however, so even if I never post I'll probably be peeking in at other threads.
Instructor
Original Poster
#81 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
I am sorry that I don't know how to upload pictures very well, some one please explain how to do them using the Old Uploader not the SWF Uploader whatever that is.

Anyway the other family I created is the FitzHugh Family Úna, Mór, Dwyer and Rhys sisters and brothers I give a lot of Sims Gaelig {Gaelic} or Cymraeg {Welsh} names even if I don't speak those language, I also like to use Germanic using the old naming format of ending in "o" for males and ending in "a" for females so most of them look Spanish, but they are really just very old names, I also use Nordic Names, like for the Beaker Family and every once in a while I give girls names like Opal or Autumn etc.

Hello lordtyger9, and thank you for joining! I love your sims, and your naming process (Nordic names are cool) Thanks for joining!

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Instructor
Original Poster
#82 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
Whoops, I'm late! Thank you for the invite. I'm pretty terrible at both writing down anything and taking pictures of my hoods. I'm... also pretty terrible about starting new hoods XD . I'm always thinking "This is just temporary until I get the real hood set up". Then when I get too invested I stop playing because "This isn't the real hood, I can't get too attached". It's becoming very clear to me I'll never get the real hood set up if I keep putting off because my downloads folder doesn't have all the neat stuff I want in it yet. So, I should just bite the bullet and make a clean sweep of all the 'temp' hoods, extracting or just recreating the sims I want to keep.

I do like to occasionally read up on what other people are doing in their hoods, however, so even if I never post I'll probably be peeking in at other threads.

Your welcome, and thank you for joining! I do far, have only had one really long term hood, but now I'm starting a new one! I hope you enjoy this group, and it gives you ideas! My old hood used to be all mannequins

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Test Subject
#83 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 5:14 AM
Hello and thanks again for inviting me! I've loved this game ever since I started playing 11 years ago. I played vanilla for a good four years or so because there were so many fun surprises in the base game and existing families that I didn't even know that I was missing anything without CC Then I got hip to it but couldn't figure out how to download it correctly. I have to say that I love the activity in this community and all of the fantastic threads living here. So many lovely Sims, fantastic stories and helpful, welcoming members! It is truly Sims heaven here. And I can't say enough about all of the magnificent creators, every one of them, that have helped to keep this game fresh and wonderful for all of these years.

I like to play all of the pre-made neighborhoods as well as my created ones and alternate between them. My favorite created one is Party Rock Falls, where my Borja Sims live. I've created it 3 times It's the neighborhood where I first started learning how to download CC and the one that I made the most mistakes with (marrying the wrong NPC's, making Mrs. Crumplebottom selectable, etc--all the stuff that Sims Wiki warned against that I read much too late). If I'm ever able to get a more powerful laptop that I can dedicate strictly to gaming I'd like to get Bon Voyage, Apartment Life and University and go on faith that Securom wouldn't be an issue.

I like building, and creating neighborhoods and large families. My largest was one in Strangetown with 20 kids, but that was many years and a few dead computers ago. Currently I'm playing a Sim in Riverblossom Hills and trying to get the retail businesses in his mixed use condo project off the ground; he has yet to develop the neighboring community lot he just purchased. That's about it for me Happy Simming, everybody!
Instructor
Original Poster
#84 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 11:50 AM
You're most welcome! Thank you for joining kanjibongoh! I cannot play completely vanilla and I admire that you're able to. 20 kids is amazing! Anyways, I can't wait to hear about your gameplay and hoods. Party Rock Falls sounds interesting! I also like MTS, and I hope you enjoy this group. Even coming from ts4 (My way game) sims 2 never gets old, and is hands-down the best of the series!

Check it out ;)
Scholar
#85 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 9:47 PM
Thank you very much for inviting me ^o^
This is my very first time joining a group here at MTS *^.^*

I'm gonna read other people's threads (oh, I do love reading stories!) and I'll eventually create one for my current hood, I guess.
Btw I suck at taking in-game pictures. While I play I focus on playing, and I always realize afterwards that a pic of this or that could have been neat ^^;
I do like writing though, and I do my best at writing in English (not my native language) so I will try to talk a bit about my hood here :D
Mad Poster
#86 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 11:24 PM
If you need tips & tricks for taking pictures, don't hesitate! Since this group is about sharing stories..it is also about showing pictures. I am sure anyone will be happy and willing to give a hand.
I cannot wait to start my own thread..which is something I never did before, about a Hood of mine. But I cannot start now, my Hood is not done. I am working on a new sc4 map for it, and even though I already begin to decorate it and add lots, there will be some changes to be made. I want some beach lots, and I have no idea how to modify my sc4 map for them to place.
Though I *could* start and show the Early beginning of DaughNoth...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Link Ninja
#87 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
Btw I suck at taking in-game pictures. While I play I focus on playing, and I always realize afterwards that a pic of this or that could have been neat ^^;

I made a picture-taking tutorial post in the picture tutorial thread. The link can be found in my signature but give that a read through for some good helpful tips on how to make your pics neat!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#88 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 6:51 AM
Thank you both ^-^
Your tutorial is really neat, Charmful, with so many pics and all.

Anyway my problem is not so much of knowledge (I've learned all the basics to be able to upload here at MTS) as of playstyle.
I used to be a hyper-controlling player but over the years my playstyle has relaxed a lot, and now that I hardly have any time to play I do allow them a lot of free will (and I even use the fast forward button sometimes, instead of pausing every little while as I used to do!) so it's not unusual for me to be surprised with my Sims behaviour.
So A has a date with B... and then I hear shouts and slaps and I realize that somewhere else in the house C and D are already fighting, and I have no idea why xD
Looking to their memories often helps to figure it out, but I have already missed the chance to take a picture.
(I only take candid shots btw, I don't care for poses.)

So I only take a few pictures every rotation.
But what I do is making a graphical recap of what happened using the family thumbnails - which helps me a lot to know what was going on if I don't play for a long while. Maybe I can show you some when I create my hood thead.
Instructor
#89 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 10:12 AM
Hello and thank you for inviting me! I've been snooping around since I joined but haven't spoke so I thought it was time to come and say hello!
You're just in time for me to start my first proper custom built neighbourhood! I had an issue with uninstalling my game and restoring my files, so I have lost about a third of my CC. Nevertheless, I hope to make this a megahood to remember. Should be hopefully making myself a thread soon :D

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Instructor
Original Poster
#90 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 7:52 PM
You're most welcome, TotallySimsCrazy! I'm excited to hear about your hood, and I'm glad this group finally got you to start posting :D! Sorry, about your cc, and again, thank you for joining! I'm sure it will be a hood to remeber

Check it out ;)
Field Researcher
#91 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 6:45 PM
Thank you for the invitation to join, Emperor Crat. I love looking at pictures of other people's hoods, and (usually) wishing I could decorate like that. I have several different hoods in my EA Games folder and I will have to remember in future to take pictures when I play! The one I play most often at the moment is based on PlasticBox's Middleground, so I will see if I can post something from that at the weekend.
Instructor
Original Poster
#92 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aysarth
Thank you for the invitation to join, Emperor Crat. I love looking at pictures of other people's hoods, and (usually) wishing I could decorate like that. I have several different hoods in my EA Games folder and I will have to remember in future to take pictures when I play! The one I play most often at the moment is based on PlasticBox's Middleground, so I will see if I can post something from that at the weekend.

Hello Aysarth, Thanks for joining! I also like getting ideas from how other people decorate their hoods, and I'm sure you will too . I'd really like to hear about your hood and see lots of pictures, and I hope you enjoy this group too !

Check it out ;)
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 5:34 AM
Hey, hey! Thank you for inviting me to your group! I myself also thought about how and where you could talk about your characters, and here was found the very place! We have a big family, it occupies the whole town! But I think you'll like them! One, but there is a family tree, but it's in Russian ...
Instructor
Original Poster
#94 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Uri-simka
Hey, hey! Thank you for inviting me to your group! I myself also thought about how and where you could talk about your characters, and here was found the very place! We have a big family, it occupies the whole town! But I think you'll like them! One, but there is a family tree, but it's in Russian ...

Thanks for joining Uri-simka! I'm glad your really like and understand the concept of this group and I can't wait to hear about your families ! I think that I really will love your family, especially since they're really big Maybe we can attempt to decipher your family tree-but I sure don't know Russian Welcome again :D!

Check it out ;)
Top Secret Researcher
#95 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Uri-simka

We all like to talk about our games and yours definitely sounds interesting. I will certainly enjoy reading about yours. I like big families of Sims, but mine are not that big...yet.

Test Subject
#96 Old 6th May 2017 at 6:17 AM
Default Thanks for the invite!
Thanks for the invite. I didn't notice the notification at first. Took me several days to pick it up. I've only ever posted a handful of times so I never figured I would ever get a PM. A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.

I like my neighbourhoods super neat and professional looking, so this is probably the right group for me. I've been playing a lot of the new Mass Effect, so my next neighbourhood is still under construction. Finishing touches, really, like a mod to make cars drive past on community lots. The hood is a remake of sorts to The Sims 1's Old Town. I downloaded a premade version, but I've been doing my own decorating both on the lots and the neighbourhood itself using objects from expansions and Sims 1 remake CC.

I might post some screenshots of the hood itself later, but there's no sims living there yet.
Instructor
Original Poster
#97 Old 6th May 2017 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FOZZA303
Thanks for the invite. I didn't notice the notification at first. Took me several days to pick it up. I've only ever posted a handful of times so I never figured I would ever get a PM. A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.

I like my neighbourhoods super neat and professional looking, so this is probably the right group for me. I've been playing a lot of the new Mass Effect, so my next neighbourhood is still under construction. Finishing touches, really, like a mod to make cars drive past on community lots. The hood is a remake of sorts to The Sims 1's Old Town. I downloaded a premade version, but I've been doing my own decorating both on the lots and the neighbourhood itself using objects from expansions and Sims 1 remake CC.

I might post some screenshots of the hood itself later, but there's no sims living there yet.

Sounds awesome, FOZZA303! Thanks for joining, and I'm sure that everyone will love your sims 1 Oldtown remake ! Anyways, I hope you enjoy this group and I can't wait to hear about your hood :D. I always did find the Sims 1 interesting, and I can't imagine why the game doesn't even have its own CC section here on MTS...

Check it out ;)
Test Subject
#98 Old 7th May 2017 at 4:33 PM
n_n thank you very much for the invitation <3
Instructor
Original Poster
#99 Old 7th May 2017 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WebBing
n_n thank you very much for the invitation <3

You're most welcome WebBing! I look forward to reading about your hood !

Check it out ;)
Top Secret Researcher
#100 Old 8th May 2017 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emperor Crat
Sounds awesome, FOZZA303! Thanks for joining, and I'm sure that everyone will love your sims 1 Oldtown remake ! Anyways, I hope you enjoy this group and I can't wait to hear about your hood :D. I always did find the Sims 1 interesting, and I can't imagine why the game doesn't even have its own CC section here on MTS...

I loved playing Sims 1 and I even have my old discs around my office some place. I am looking forward to more on your Sims 1 Oldtown remake.

Page 4 of 7