Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 9:23 PM
Default adding an image to some objects = double/mirror effect?
Hello all,

I want to put a circular logo on the front of the executive bushmaster teleprompter (career reward for politics).

Now I have managed to locate the front of the executive bushmaster teleprompter on its texture in MS Paint (Its a grey sqaure)

So I place the logo there once. (in the upper middle section of the grey square so that the logo will appear at the top of the podium. Import back into CEP Wizards of SimPE and save.

Next its into the game - and yes the podium is there!!! BUT - the circular logo is mirrored, or should I say doubled?????

Furthermore it seems that grey square of the texture is only 1/4 of the front of the podium, so now the double logo appears 4 times from bottom to top of the podium???? :confused: I guess I could just film my sim close up to the podium and therefore only one sqaure would show, but there is still the problem of a doubled/mirrored logo? :confused:

What am I doing wrong?
Is it a lost cause?
Is there a tutorial somewhere about this?
Maybe a program that would allow me to do this?
Or do I need to take a computer/graphics/animation course?

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I am really new to this
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 12:40 AM
I haven't looked at that object myself, but it sounds like Maxis made the texture-map to double back and repeat itself. They do this on some objects to save on the size of the texture image needed (which will also save on memory usage) and it is a trick very likely to be used on such an object, which they never intended to be recolored.

So, in short, it's not that you are doing anything "wrong", it's just that what you want to do with this particular object isn't possible without re-doing the 3d mesh to alter the texture map.
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 1:18 AM
Thank you so much for the explanation. So this means that I need to learn to make meshes???

I guess with my present technical abilities I will have to ask somebody to attempt this in the "modding requests section"....

Once again thanks for the reply!!