Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 23rd May 2018 at 3:20 PM
The Sims 4 doesn't even have Seasons yet. Their expansion packs get "add-ons" a few weeks later with stuff that should have been in the original pack, like the small pets released a few weeks after Cats and Dogs. It's been 4 years. If it was keeping with the trend of previous sims games, we'd be getting a Sims 5 within the next year. But it's not; instead they're pumping out like 6 objects every 3 months and calling them stuff packs. I'm really not surprised if we don't get a Sims 5. It's a shame- after the Sims 4 was updated with toddlers/pools/freaking dishwashers, I really enjoyed it. I even bought one expansion on sale. After EA returned to their usual ways, however, I stopped playing and went back to TS2 (I never really liked TS3, and it's extremely slow on my computer no matter what, despite it being a custom gaming rig). I see so much potential in TS4, but it was ruined by greed. I don't want another Sims game if it's going to be like TS4.

For me, the only good thing that came out of newer sims games are the TS3/4 to TS2 conversions.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 23rd May 2018 at 8:38 PM
fingers crossed

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 23rd May 2018 at 9:41 PM
I think their plan is to actually never stop 'improving' sims 4. Now that I see more guru interest in community requests and more openess (this just might be temporary), they might announce that Sims 4 will have some improvements as some kind of apology. But I also doubt that.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#29 Old 24th May 2018 at 2:12 AM
@mixa97sr EA apology it won't happen, It make me angry that they took a game that follow after Sims 2 and did not take into account what really made Sims 2 so great.
Like they think Sims players will accept anything, they shell out. Anyone who play the Sims from 1 to Sims 2 know when something is good or have improved.
Also thank goodness for the Modders who added and fixed things that the people at EA skip over.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Instructor
#30 Old 24th May 2018 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
As it has been aid many times, I think the best hope we probably have is if Paradox or someone else picks up the slack and releases a good Life Simulation.

Amen is all I can say. Europas Universalis IV.... like, wow. Although I hope the Sims equivalent doesn't have quite such a learning curve. I bought EU4 over a year ago and still don't really know how to play. But I theoretically love it, I say!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
The Open World as it was implemented in Sims 3 just took away too much choice and control from the player, it made it very difficult to have the sort of multi-household storylines that are so awesome in Sims 2.

But I think it could be implemented, just make the town the open world (sort of like a giant community lot) while handling the households like in Sims 2 (or at least give the player the choice to have the households handled like in Sims 2) it would definitely be doable, if they cared enough to try it.

Agreed. After I modded it to remove aging of other households, I began to like Sims 3! I honestly play Sims 3 more now (although that isn't saying much). I like how Sims 4 handles the open world concept but the way their worlds are makes me want to puke. Neighborhood building is such a huge part of the game for me, and they removed all the flexibility of that with Sims 4. It's sorta like Sims 3 when it first came out, but worse.

Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
While playing around TS4 today, it made me think: "How cool If developers had sort of way to have us be involved in lets-design-our-own-game-together by engaging in poles and questions and what not, while of course not really revealing what they're working on a certain time of the day but keeping the promise that they are following the fanbase popular demand feedback and finding a compromised consensus and thus that would possibly allow us to get a perfect stable game we all wanted of all installments. Oh gosh I could, unfortunately, only fantasize about it *_*

To be honest, I don't have much confidence in what player polls would have to say about the direction of the game. I always think of the official forums as cesspools, to be even more frank. The Sims is going the direction of how the majority of the people who play Sims would like for it to go. It's just that these are the type of people who aren't very invested in the game. EA doesn't care about their dedicated fanbase, which are who spends the most money. They're just trying to capture the casual gamer - who, mind you, would have bought the game if they went the direction the dedicated players would have wanted it to go. It's whatever though.

I wish EA wouldn't run the game into the ground like they are for the simple fact that I got the Sims plumbbob tattooed on the back of my leg. I don't regret it, because no matter what, The Sims has been and will remain a major part of my life. However, I don't want people to think of the Sims as some tacky mobile game like Farmville or something.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#31 Old 24th May 2018 at 3:31 AM
@joandsarah77 I hope during this time without your Sims, that you are not in deep depression ( Lol )
I remember when I had my computer being fixed I told the tech I was only interest in one thing make sure my computer can play my Sims game.
I was without playing the Sims for a week and I was ready for a mental ward. LMAO You don't know how addicted to the game you are, until you can't play the Sims for some reason.

Lab Assistant
#32 Old 24th May 2018 at 4:26 AM
I've played all four of the main series games (and several spin-offs). I've spent the least amount of time on 4. I paid $10 for it during a holiday sale. I no longer have access to it because I had to switch Origin accounts due to losing my password. I can safely say I wouldn't spend another $10 to play TS4 again.

I've probably spent the most time on 3. When I was younger, I preferred focusing on one household, so the open world + single-family focus TS3 had hooked me in and I loved it. It held on to me for 8 years before I moved on because of the glitches/lag/other issues (and that was with maybe 3 expansions installed and better PCs over time--I guess the patches they put out really hit hard?). I got sick of spending 5-10 minutes setting up all my mods every time I started a new world.

I saw 4 on sale for cheap and decided "eh, why not?". Enjoyed it for a bit, but found myself bored with it, and that was around the time that many people (myself included) were having horrific lag issues with the game. My computer at the time was pretty strong (even better now since I've upgraded a few things), but the simulation lag killed what little pleasure I got from Sims 4 (which was mostly in the CAS). I decided to install Sims 2 for the first time in many years. I fell back in love with it after some trial and error (the challenge of just taking care of Sims' needs was a major shock after so many years playing 3), spent a few months playing around with what I had, and then got the UC.

My biggest issue with 4 is just how... boring it is. I guess it was because I played without any expansions, but I couldn't bring myself to purchase them (and it took me the longest time to learn the difference between "expansions" and "game packs", which is like.. why the fuck?). I LOVED vanilla 3, so naturally I wanted to add to the experience with expansions. I gave 4 an honest try and just.. didn't like it. It was just so easy. Negative interactions had next to no impact on relationships. It felt like nothing mattered. I respect the amount of work put into it, and maybe with all the expansions I'd enjoy it, but eh, no thank you. As someone who's loved the series for well over ten years, it's really depressing to me to watch it go downhill like this. Totally seconding the idea of Paradox making a Sims competitor.

If Sims 5 was announced, I'd take a look at it. I'd watch the news on it. When it released, I'd gauge player opinions (not reviews off of websites, but through forums like this), and probably try to snag it on a really cheap sale. Maybe. 'm pretty happy with 2. I feel bad for having wasted my mom's money on 4, and that was only ten dollars. I don't like wasting, and if 5 came out looking anything like 4, I probably wouldn't go for it.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 24th May 2018 at 1:59 PM
I personally never even switched to Sims 3 although I loved how they incorporated horses and some other stuff. But honestly, I want to design my own neighboorhood completely. I want to decide where everything goes. I do not need an open world. Sims 4 got evenmore restricting. Well my laptop would probably not be able to handle both but if it could I still would not buy.
If there ever will be a Sims 5, I hope they return to the neighboorhood concept of Sims 2 because this is one of the main reasons I could never give up the game.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 24th May 2018 at 3:00 PM
Hasn't EA destroyed the franchise completely by now?

They remind me of blood sucking vampires draining the victim of the last drop of blood...and then casually tossing the body away.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 24th May 2018 at 3:11 PM Last edited by Alex5 : 24th May 2018 at 3:28 PM.
EA will create The Sims 5 because they want money but i don't care about them.

The Sims 2 are the best one for sure
Field Researcher
#36 Old 24th May 2018 at 10:35 PM
Kind of off topic, but: You guys, I mentioned TS4 not having Seasons yet and then the next day they announce the EP.

I, uh, still haven't won a billion dollars, yet. *shifty eyes*
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#37 Old 24th May 2018 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@joandsarah77 I hope during this time without your Sims, that you are not in deep depression ( Lol )
I remember when I had my computer being fixed I told the tech I was only interest in one thing make sure my computer can play my Sims game.
I was without playing the Sims for a week and I was ready for a mental ward. LMAO You don't know how addicted to the game you are, until you can't play the Sims for some reason.

I have vacillated between sad-mad to resignation for the past two months. However good news! My game now saves! Still got things to iron out both with the game and my computer, but that big monster in the ditch, that non-saving has now been vanquished. I can see me from now on making about a hundred backups and watching that saving hourglass like a hawk.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#38 Old 25th May 2018 at 12:19 AM
Oh, YAY! That is such great news.

Some time during Sims 2 EA realized that the way to go was to provide less and less content and charge more and more extra expansion packs. That's why 3 didn't even include a piano in the base game, and it's why seasons and pets are always add ons. It seems to me when games start, the people who make them really enjoy the game and creating out of joy with a wary eye on profits. But at this point, profits are all they care about.

I love sims 2. As someone else has said, I will probably be playing it in my grave. I'll walk through the Pearly Gates with my laptop asking where I can plug the game in.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#39 Old 25th May 2018 at 12:56 PM
Oh hey Jo - good news.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 25th May 2018 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
As someone else has said, I will probably be playing it in my grave. I'll walk through the Pearly Gates with my laptop asking where I can plug the game in.

At the very least I'll be demanding space for my computer at the old people's home.
"I haven't got time for bowling, Muriel, the twenty-fifth generation is about to be born"...
Mad Poster
#41 Old 26th May 2018 at 12:29 AM
Good news, Jo! You're getting closer and closer.

I have mixed feelings about this news, like many here. I was hoping that Sims 5 could right the mess that was Sims 4. Sims 4 wasn't totally without appeal. There were a few good things about it. I liked the push-pull features while creating a Sim, I like that you could make Sims of any size without special folders of CC I like that you can visit other worlds. It would be great in Sims 2 if your Sim can go from Pleasantview to Strangetown without corrupting a hood and without a megahood. And the toddlers are just so cute!

However, my daughter observed while she was looking at the Sims 4 Seasons video that there really wasn't much more new about this EP compared to Sims 2 or 3. Sure, the graphics are different, and apparently you can have a big gnome. But you still have ice skating, roller skating, etc. There is nothing totally different, like going to a farm to bob for apples at a party or anything.

I am concerned the Sims 5, if it ever comes to pass, will be a stagnant pool of PR. Underwhelming and expensive.

Sims 2 and 3 were the pinnacle of the series. Sims 3 might have been flawed ... perhaps severely ... but it introduced entirely-new modes of gameplay, and I find it enjoyable to play, though I prefer Sims 2 more. Sims 1 was the ground-breaker. Sims 4 is ... there. Just there. I get bored playing it after 45 minutes, and I think I touched it once or twice since April of last year, and only to see if it was still running.

Thanks to Sims 4, I have a rather dim view of an EA Sims 5, if it ever comes out (which doesn't seem likely in the next year or two, if that). The really bad My First Pet Stuff press (where you have to have an EP to fully use a stuff pack) is particularly damning for EA. What were they thinking? (And by the way, Sims 2 had the bird and the womrat without any special SPs, and Sims 3 had birds AND horses, as well as snakes, lizards, hamsters, and turtles.)

I'm really interested to see what Paradox may do with this idea, and more importantly, can it avoid the EA legal beagles?

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#42 Old 26th May 2018 at 1:13 AM
@gazania EA just let the bottom fall out on the newest versions of Sims. I knew right away with the blow up "Pillsbury Doughboy" faces of Sims 3 that things look strange.
I know they say that Sims 2 look more cartoonist, but to me they look better than Sims 3 Sims. Well I did not waste my time buying Sims 3 or 4 so I know Sims 5 is not on my radar.

Anyway here a picture of "Pillsbury Doughboy" it reminded me of the Sims 3 Sims when I first saw a picture of them when they first came out. LMAO :D
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#43 Old 26th May 2018 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PlyPlay665
Amen is all I can say. Europas Universalis IV.... like, wow. Although I hope the Sims equivalent doesn't have quite such a learning curve. I bought EU4 over a year ago and still don't really know how to play. But I theoretically love it, I say!!!!!

Forget EUIV. Paradox Interactive's best Sims game is obviously Crusader Kings II. It's what the Sims Medieval should have been.
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 26th May 2018 at 8:19 AM
As much as I love paradox delivering content, their DLC practices do not stir far away from EAs.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 26th May 2018 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
As much as I love paradox delivering content, their DLC practices do not stir far away from EAs.

They do release a lot of DLC, but at least it's appropriately priced. Look at DLC for Cities: Skylines for example, the most expensive DLCs go for $15, and the prices vary based on how much content they add to the game. In my experience, I would say a Cities: Skylines DLC adds maybe just a little less content to the game than a Sims EP, and all of The Sims EPs normally go for $40 or so at release. And let's not forget that Katy Perry Stuff Pack for The Sims 3 which introduced like 20 items (which anyone who had at least an ounce of sanity left would never use) and cost about as much as an expansion.
Theorist
#46 Old 26th May 2018 at 1:17 PM

The difference with Paradox DLC packs in comparison to the things EA pukes out at regular intervals is that, imho, the Paradox packs deliver their money's worth in content, and at least some of the Games do get large expansions as well as smaller DLCs.
The quality of the DLCs does seem to wary between development teams though. In my opinion the people behind Crusader Kings II deliver better and more content per DLC than the people who are in charge of Stellaris.
....on the other hand though, the development team of Stellaris is currently in the process of completely reworking the game, because the original version was lackluster, and they do it completely for free through patches.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 26th May 2018 at 2:50 PM
Okay, I've gotten a bit lost here. Is there a sims game by paradox?

Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 26th May 2018 at 2:57 PM
Oh Stellaris is getting a reworking trough free updates? Wow they are kinda redeeming themselves.

To be honest, I really want "Sims" like game from them, but again, I'm afraid it will have less charm than the original franchise. However, that will probably still be way ahead of what EA has given us thus far with newer instalments.
Theorist
#49 Old 26th May 2018 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Okay, I've gotten a bit lost here. Is there a sims game by paradox?

Sadly no :-( But there's been talk about it ever since Sims 4 happened, so there's some hope for it in the future, maybe.

Oh Stellaris is getting a reworking trough free updates? Wow they are kinda redeeming themselves.

To be honest, I really want "Sims" like game from them, but again, I'm afraid it will have less charm than the original franchise. However, that will probably still be way ahead of what EA has given us thus far with newer instalments.

Yeah, the first part of the rework came a few months ago and has been cotnroversial, but, imho worth it. They have so far reworked galactic terrain and wars, next they plan on doing diplomacy and economy with possibly the way planets are developed next.

And I agree on the charm. It would probably be less charming than Sims, and I even fully expect them to basically hand the player nothing but a completely empty neighbourhood at game start. The frosting and sprinkles would be missing from the cake, so to say, but at least it'd be a good and well made cake.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 26th May 2018 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
At the very least I'll be demanding space for my computer at the old people's home.
"I haven't got time for bowling, Muriel, the twenty-fifth generation is about to be born"...

"Sorry, Britney, can't join the Red Hat meeting, I made other plans. I got to play through my beautiful garden and see what my simself is up to. I already left everything to my cats if I pass in the middle of the night."

Yes, that sounds like me as well.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Page 2 of 4