Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#101 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 9:14 PM
I feel like a kid at christmas waiting for the new servers and QX to return! Good for you and I hope it all works out wonderfully! Thanks for all your doing to keep us crazy sim people happy!
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#102 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 9:46 PM
Sheesh, you people and QX. Personally, I find it a rather buggy, quite outdated applicated, but I guess a few of you like it...

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 10:03 PM
i personally love the q-xpress, except when you have to put certain files in certain folders, much quicker and easier than downloading using WinZIP or rar..
Field Researcher
#104 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 11:18 PM
In my view, q-express is fine & fast for downloads, IF you don't mind everything being dumped into your downloads folder, willy nilly, all in one heap. But, if you're like me & like to use sub-folders & be organized, it's not so good. I prefer to d/l using zip or rar so I can put things in specific folders, from the get-go, rather than having to weed through hundreds or thousands of files all bunched together. It's all a matter of personal preference, how many files you actually have in your d/l folder & how organized you like to be. I would use q-xpress more if it was better at organizing files.
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 4:57 AM
the only thing i dont use q-xpress for is for collections and neighboorhood files and stuff like that, im too unorganized to ever use subfolders..lol
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 6:14 AM
Do you think anyone will be updating QX to be more functional and awesome?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#107 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 7:00 AM
Well, the source code is on the website, feel free

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#108 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 9:38 AM
I'm just glad to have this site at all! lol.

And yeah, any downtime is fine with me. It'll give me a chance to get my face away from the pc and sims for a bit.
Instructor
#109 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 6:26 PM
Great news! good luck!
Test Subject
#110 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 6:36 PM
QX is awesome for large files, buggy yes, but hell, its _basic_ which is what i like, its not overloaded with various junk to do, it just downloads, installs, done. all it would really need is the ability to figure out packages from collections and config files from everything else!

Wow. this is the most i've ever posted heh. i'm usually a lurker/reader

also, whats wrong exactly with the downloads? any idea? server killing the connection early?

"They say misery loves company, we could start a company and make misery. Frustrated Incorporated. I know just what you need, I might just have the thing, I know what you paid to see...put me out of my misery, I'd do it for you, would you do it for me?"
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#111 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 6:54 PM
Crowie, if your using firefox it's the other way round. People seem to have issues with that

Test Subject
#112 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 8:12 PM Last edited by KimberlyMarie : 8th Aug 2007 at 8:19 PM.
I for one absolutely LOVE Q-X and can't wait for it to be brought back. Its the only way I can get these awesome downloads into my game!

I would love to "pound the server" but I don't have any of those download programs that you guys use, because I can't seem to find any free, easy to use ones. Besides, I am technologically retarded, and unless its simple, I don't bother with it. Being Q-X is SO simple, its perfect for my feeble brain!!! LOL

Ah well.... I do hope that you will bring back Q-X soon, there are soooo many new and awesome things from you AMAZING creators, I can't wait to have! :lovestruc

THANKS for all the work that you do, this site is amazing! My absolute FAV one of all times! I send all my Sim obsessed friends here! ***HUGS***
Test Subject
#113 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 8:41 PM
aaaah. damned firefox. i love it, but its a pain

"They say misery loves company, we could start a company and make misery. Frustrated Incorporated. I know just what you need, I might just have the thing, I know what you paid to see...put me out of my misery, I'd do it for you, would you do it for me?"
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#114 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 9:42 PM
Crowie, and others having issues in Firefox: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=241544

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#115 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KimberlyMarie
I for one absolutely LOVE Q-X and can't wait for it to be brought back. Its the only way I can get these awesome downloads into my game!

I would love to "pound the server" but I don't have any of those download programs that you guys use, because I can't seem to find any free, easy to use ones. Besides, I am technologically retarded, and unless its simple, I don't bother with it. Being Q-X is SO simple, its perfect for my feeble brain!!! LOL

Ah well.... I do hope that you will bring back Q-X soon, there are soooo many new and awesome things from you AMAZING creators, I can't wait to have! :lovestruc

THANKS for all the work that you do, this site is amazing! My absolute FAV one of all times! I send all my Sim obsessed friends here! ***HUGS***

Basically all she said is why I love Q-Xpress, Except, I'm just plain Lazy

Get Your Own Box.
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 3:44 AM
well WinZIP is technically free, they say that there is a 45 day free trail but then you gotta pay, heck i have had WinZIP for many many months and never paid, all you will get is basically WinZIP trying to guilt trip you into using it...

i personally love simfilemaid2 i can look up where to get it if anyone is interested,
Field Researcher
#117 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 8:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by neosimstyler
well WinZIP is technically free, they say that there is a 45 day free trail but then you gotta pay, heck i have had WinZIP for many many months and never paid, all you will get is basically WinZIP trying to guilt trip you into using it...

i personally love simfilemaid2 i can look up where to get it if anyone is interested,

Yep...I just uninstall & reinstall WinZIP every 45 days. Works great & is always free. rar has free version as well. With Winzip, it installs rar files as well, saving me time. I can also d/l to a different location (like a temp folder on my desktop) & also do sub folders (example: MTS2/Delphy) just so I can keep up with WHERE I downloaded something from, & WHO created it. Especially helpful for going back to look for updates when new eps or stuff packs come out. I can always tell where I got something just by looking at the folder(s) I put it in. But that's me. I understand not everyone is organized or has the attention span to be so.
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 11:39 AM
Just in case you're wondering.... Downloads are going very quickly this morning....

Thank you, Delphy
Test Subject
#119 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Sheesh, you people and QX. Personally, I find it a rather buggy, quite outdated applicated, but I guess a few of you like it...
Delphy, why is it that when I download something using QX it installs everything perfectly practically everytime but when I use the winrar.unzip things dont show up or only part of the file shows up, i.e. houses, etc?
Forum Resident
#120 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 4:24 PM
umm.... ridBonnie..... WinRAR doesnt put the files in your download folder, it only extracts them. If you use WinRAR you either have to extract them into your downloads folder, or extract them somewhere else and put them in manually. For houses, you just double click the file and when the sims 2 content installer comes up you press "install content". Q-Xpress installs the files by using WinRAR and then places them into the downloads folder.

Please dont request anything to be made, but I dont mind suggestions/ideas. :)
Field Researcher
#121 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 8:50 PM
Wow things are flying now. This morning I got a 9MB house, went to go make coffee while it saved, came back while it was brewing and it was all done. 9MB under 90 sec!?!

boolprop iqtestingenabled true
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 10th Aug 2007 at 4:43 AM
You guys rock, Delph. No worries! Lots of luck and love.
Test Subject
#123 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 1:42 PM Last edited by sexy_wiggles : 11th Aug 2007 at 1:48 PM.
i was very happy that you finally said "downloads are online" but somehow the downloads are still not working.

i keep getting the same msg pop up on my screen while downloading. it said "File download of [MTS2_patul_418558_17_rue_des_Anges.rar] was not completed successfully. Server has internal error."

anyways, i believe you guys are still working hard on that. so goodluck guys. we're right behind you. i'll be waiting for MTS2 downloads patiently cuz your downloads are the best!

luv <3
nattie
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#124 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 2:27 PM
I just downloaded that file fine. What browser are you using?

Test Subject
#125 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
I just downloaded that file fine. What browser are you using?

thanks for replying delphy!

well that's strange...maybe it's the browser that has been a problem i dunno
i just have my comp formatted so now i'm using DAP (Download Accelerator Plus)
hmm should i change it to the new one??

xxx
nattie
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: Downtime is long over
Page 5 of 7