Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 10:12 AM Last edited by Punkrockaren : 3rd Mar 2018 at 12:02 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't patch Open for Business in Windows 10, no matter how many times I try
Hi!
I've tried to install the Sims 2 and all expansions and stuff packs in computer so many times these last two months, but I can't get it to work!

I've found that I can install and patch everything just fine (well, with the help of GrumpyLoader, otherwise the patching program "stops working" every time) only until I reach Open for Business. Then patching fails even with GrumpyLoader, telling me that "The patch encountered an error, please uninstall and reinstall the Sims 2 Open for Business and try again". Ignoring the errors in GrumpyLoader doesn't get me anywhere, unlike with the earlier patches. If I ignore and keep installing the next expansion, it will eventually tell me the game isn't updated and aborts the installation. In other words, I can't install anything past Open for Business...

The game itself works just fine when I play it, though!

Any ideas on how I can install this accursed patch so I can proceed to install the rest of the game? :/

My system specs:

Thanks in advance! Please let me know if I missed to include any information!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Punkrockaren
Hi!
I've tried to install the Sims 2 and all expansions and stuff packs in computer so many times these last two months, but I can't get it to work!

I've found that I can install and patch everything just fine (well, with the help of GrumpyLoader, otherwise the patching program "stops working" every time) only until I reach Open for Business. Then patching fails even with GrumpyLoader, telling me that "The patch encountered an error, please uninstall and reinstall the Sims 2 Open for Business and try again". Ignoring the errors in GrumpyLoader doesn't get me anywhere, unlike with the earlier patches. If I ignore and keep installing the next expansion, it will eventually tell me the game isn't updated and aborts the installation. In other words, I can't install anything past Open for Business...

The game itself works just fine when I play it, though!

Any ideas on how I can install this accursed patch so I can proceed to install the rest of the game? :/

My system specs (sorry for the long text, for some reason I can't make the infobutton tag to work):

This would be a good time to get the UC,
Contact EA Help through Origin and explain your problem and they will give it to you.

And please use spoiler tags for large wall of text.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158