Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 10:09 PM Last edited by zystem : 12th Aug 2019 at 2:23 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default Ambrosia not bringing my sim back to life
Note: I am using the mod version, not the 'proper' version the game suggests I do it.

Six years ago a sim of mine died because he was bugged and at the time I didn't know I could just shift+click him and reset him. I discovered I could bring him back to life using Ambrosia.
I have made the meal maybe five times now and my sim has not come back to life. And the plate will sit at the table for maybe two days at a time. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Am I placing the urn at the wrong angle? Is the mod outdated?

I've also tried using NRaas Master Controller but I think I need to use the dead sim's ghost to reset him, and I have yet to see his ghost once...

Any discussion/help will be fantastic. Thanks much.

Update: I got my sim, Steve, back using a method thats in the replies. I was so happy. For some reason he had alien eyes but after a bit I didn't care. I moved him and the rest of the lot to a new neighborhood and in the process, half of the family disappeared, and his husband, Tony, turned invisible. I'm never playing the Sims 3 ever again.

22. male. he/him. autistic.
REST IN PEACE JOTARO KUJO. JUNE 2020 - JANUARY 2021.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 4:46 AM
I have no idea if this is going to accomplish anything, but a sim doesn't have to be in sight in order to use MasterController commands on them. If you run, on City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > MC > Sim > Advanced > Reset Sim > (filter to Type of Sim > Dead), does the intended target show up that way?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 6:01 PM
I'm going to have to check and see. I don't know anything about MC and yesterday was my first time playing Sims 3 in six years. Thanks for your suggestion, I'll check it out later.

Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 3:12 PM
Have you tried using Debug Enabler on the grave to resurrect the sim directly from their grave?

Click on the tombstone and select debug enabler-> options: remains -> debug: resurrect. You may have to add the sim back to your household (which I think takes Master Controller if you don't want to just have the sims fall in love and get married again).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 11:41 PM
I have not used Debug Enabler. That's something I'm going to also have to look into once I'm done remodeling my bedroom. Thanks for the suggestion

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I have no idea if this is going to accomplish anything, but a sim doesn't have to be in sight in order to use MasterController commands on them. If you run, on City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > MC > Sim > Advanced > Reset Sim > (filter to Type of Sim > Dead), does the intended target show up that way?

I did as you instructed, but he didn't return to my family. I assume he's somewhere in a bin, similar to the Sims 2? (I'm sorry I'm not familiar with Sims 3 logic)
So I reset and tried to move him in before I reset him. Well.. Does moving in a Sim take a while? Was I just impatient? Because when I attempted to add him back, he didn't appear, and when I selected "add sim" with NRaas a second time... my game hard-crashed.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 1:47 AM
Afraid I don't have much experience resurrecting dead sims, which is I why I said that my advice might not accomplish anything. I was merely pointing out how to get MC to issue commands on sims who are not on-screen at the moment. Perhaps it would be better to retreat from all of this and try the DebugEnabler solution that @Tacitala suggested.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 2:23 AM
@igazor It was just me being impatient, your method worked