Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#76 Old 23rd May 2007 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by redwing
Of all the wonderful suggestions so far, I think this one is the best!!! ...
THE FUTILE ERA

... aka TFE

(So is it For The Win...or ---- The World?)

For the Win
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 23rd May 2007 at 3:05 AM
steampunk! It's kind of a victorian thing, let me hunt up a wikipedia definition for ya.

Editz: There ya go! Steampunk!

*counter culture since '03 and counting*

"LMAO wtf r u syaing?!!1!"
The above sentence is not english. I only understand english. Thank you.
#78 Old 23rd May 2007 at 3:14 AM
Oh that looks FUN!
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 23rd May 2007 at 3:15 AM
Maybe a cyberpunk board? I am just tossing out ideas here, I think Derange and I are going to end up doing a post-apocalyptic thread.

*counter culture since '03 and counting*

"LMAO wtf r u syaing?!!1!"
The above sentence is not english. I only understand english. Thank you.
Test Subject
#80 Old 23rd May 2007 at 3:29 AM
Wizards of the Coast owns my soul, so does anybody want to RP as planeswalkers (Magic: the Gathering) or endbringers (Hecatomb)? MtG especially has alot of rich roleplaying material. I'd positively love to play on Ravnica or Kamigawa. I could play on Dominaria way back before the Phyrexian Invasion too. But unfortunately it seems the Magic storylines are pretty obscure even to those who play Magic. I don't know too terribly much about the plots and locations of the Hecatomb storyline, but the thought of roleplaying an endbringer excites me to no end. If we do a Heros/Villains RP, you can expect that I'll be a villain out to bring the apocalypse.

I'd enjoy a horror setting, but "monsters and ghosties" doesn't sound very horror to me. It can be, but in general ghosts aren't scary. Zombies and mummies are boring, werewolves are annoying, vampires are overdone... Really not much is scarier than a really screwed up human. However, I don't think we could do what I'm thinking and have it be considered "PG-13".

Silent Hill RP?
#81 Old 23rd May 2007 at 3:37 AM
OR a Psycho or serial killer RP... hmm\

20 Players
1 Killer

Find out who!
#82 Old 23rd May 2007 at 3:39 AM
Probably the one left standing LOL I like that one. :nod:
#83 Old 23rd May 2007 at 3:43 AM
I was thinking about this but:

Would you like if I decided not to host Gothica in the contest forums, and pop it here. That way, I wouldnt have to demand pictures per round?
#84 Old 23rd May 2007 at 3:44 AM
And suddenly I have missed EVERYTHING that has been going on in this thread Bah.

When there's an ounce of creativity in my bones I'll join in.
Forum Resident
#85 Old 23rd May 2007 at 3:44 AM
Steampunk how interesting! I guess thats what you could call the anime Trigun. Its kinda a western/scientific/steampunk/post apocolyptic anime, if anyone's seen it.

I'd be really interested in that, by the way, When is all this going to start?

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
#86 Old 23rd May 2007 at 3:49 AM
The post-Apocalyptic RP will probably start in the next few days, most likely tomorrow.

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.
#87 Old 23rd May 2007 at 3:50 AM
Umm Derange, I dont think we have permission to actually start RPing yet...HP hasnt given the thumbs up far as I know.

Otherwise, Ive already got mine typed out.
#88 Old 23rd May 2007 at 5:26 AM
Oh I just thought of a random one. Titanic. Everyone can get a random class: 1st class, 2nd class, or third class. Or maybe even the waitresses,pilot, etc. I'd have to broaden the plot.. Would anyone be interested in something like that? If not I probably won't make one lol.
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#89 Old 23rd May 2007 at 5:32 AM
Hahaha well... at least we would know for sure that the Titanic RP would have a definite ending point... [/morbid]

There's always money in the banana stand.
Field Researcher
#90 Old 23rd May 2007 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Infernal
Umm Derange, I dont think we have permission to actually start RPing yet...HP hasnt given the thumbs up far as I know.

Otherwise, Ive already got mine typed out.

Regarding that...

Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Also, Infernal, regarding your question about when we can start doing new RPs - I'd say there's nothing stopping people from going ahead and doing so.

So, she and you can post your RPs anytime you feel ready.

Hmmm... I might have to join an RP or two over the summer. Just need to figure out who I want to use in what. :O Mafia RP FTGDFW!

-Holy Hell!-
The cement is just - it's there for the weight dear!

Nice 'n' easy does it everytime...
#91 Old 23rd May 2007 at 5:42 AM
If anyone wants any banners for their contest or something PM me

Quote: Originally posted by jhd1189
Hahaha well... at least we would know for sure that the Titanic RP would have a definite ending point... [/morbid]

Hehe yes. I would probably have to randomly kill people, like through 25 papers with peoples names and the ones I can catch live lol. Well not really, but something like that.
Field Researcher
#92 Old 23rd May 2007 at 5:42 AM
Wait, I'm confused... are we now allowed to do contests that are solely RP based?
That question might not be very clear, but neither is my understanding, so I guess it matches.
#93 Old 23rd May 2007 at 5:45 AM
123321- A Titanic game sounds soo cool.

Oh, who am I kidding, they all sound fun.
Forum Resident
#94 Old 23rd May 2007 at 6:14 AM
I was under the impression that these really weren't really Contests, as this is located in the Off Topic area of the Forum, but we should probably ask just in case, as that goes, how many post are we allowed per day? Though I have an idea about that *still working it out* but once i get some of the kinks out i'll post it, it may keep post numbers down.

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#95 Old 23rd May 2007 at 6:14 AM
Derange: Post apocalyptic ftw!

Roman: I was thinking of doing something with Pleasantview for the silly sim RP - except I think with the existing characters it might be a little... flat, honestly. Perhaps an imaginary sim neighborhood instead.

Infernal: "The only issue I can see arising is an overrun of RPs, clogging the forums up.. with little, and bluntly said, crappy RPs just taking up air space." I'm not so concerned with crappy at the moment (because everyone sounds really excited and into it and I'm sure we'll have great fun as soon as we get started) but simply too many to get a decent amount of players on the ones that need quite a few. And zomg Dark Tower. Yes!

(Not specifically to Infernal...) I think the main thing is to have a really well-thought out and clear first post that explains your theme, what sort of players you're looking for, roughly how many, and kinda what the rules are and what you're going to be doing with it. At this point I'm leaving exactly the format for this up to ya'll - I think as we do some and see what works really well and what doesn't there can be a bit more of a standardized format that will become the accepted norm.

We are very much playing this by ear at the moment and as we see how things develop the rules and guidelines will change.

Julieth: "Would these RPs be more text based, or more D&D style, with possible outcomes determined by dice or DMs or something? I'm infinately more fond of the text based, third person kind, that's why I ask." I am open to both varieties, and I think whether it's freeform - a cooperative story - or guided by a DM/GM, with or without dice, is going to be up to whoever creates the RP. Again, subject to change, but I think opening up both and seeing how they go is a good idea. I personally would be generally going for more of a cooperative story freeform format, where you basically just write an interesting something with everyone controlling their own character - with certain flavors having a little bit of guidance from a DM/GM for setting. Also, ripoff of The Stand for teh mega-win! "The only problem with Dark Tower is that not as many people have read the books, so it might be a little difficult to get a proper membership." Well, it wouldn't have to be exactly like that - honestly I think a Dark Tower kind of feel would tie in very well to steampunk - Dark Tower's basically a fantasy steampunk western. One could always simply set something in that sort of feeling, but maybe not exactly that world.

WooHoo: "Wait, I'm confused... are we now allowed to do contests that are solely RP based? That question might not be very clear, but neither is my understanding, so I guess it matches." Yes, you may do a contest that is purely RP based in this forum - I think contests like The Hidden Palace, which is a strategy roleplay with contest and sim elements, would be more appropriate in this forum than the sim contests forum. The line between what is a sim contest (going in that forum) and what is a roleplay with contest and sim elements (going in this forum) is a little bit grey... but will basically boil down to what it takes to progress in the contest. If every round demands participants actually spend time in-game taking pics to go along with their entries, it's a sim contest. If it's more about voting, strategy, roleplaying, etc. and the only sim elements are for applications pics then it should go here in the roleplaying forum. I hesitate to even call stuff like The Hidden Palace a contest as it's more of a roleplaying competition.

Because of the rather thick grey line between things (and the fact that this is very new) if someone is confused over whether their idea belongs in the contest forum or here, please contact a moderator of either forum (me, discordkitty, or boolPropped) with a description of your idea and its rules so we can tell you where it would be more appropriate.

foolinthemoon: "...as that goes, how many post are we allowed per day? This area of the site does not contribute to your overall post count, and at the moment there is no post per day limit. However, this is one of the things that is subject to change in future. As we get started and see how spammy things get, I may set a numeric limit. For now I'll merely advise people to try to write meaningful, content-filled posts, condense them into one longer one instead of several short ones whenever possible, keep in-character and on-topic, and advise individual posters that they may be getting a bit too spammy via PM if necessary.

~*~

I've also gotten a few questions in PM that I think could be answered here simply so everyone knows the answer as we're getting started.

"How violent can we make our RPs? Also, how much swearing is allowed? Violence usually includes swearing."

I don't mind violence or swearing where it's appropriate and where it's not overdone. Try to keep descriptions of violence to more... technical descriptions when you can, and let's not get into blood and gore too much. I mainly just want us to stay away from things that are extremely ishy or over-the-top. I'm okay with the roleplays dealing with just about any subject matter as long as it's done with care, remembering that many of our members are teenagers, and they have parents that may not like them reading detailed in-depth descriptions of gore and sex and stuff. One can be quite sufficiently dark and gritty without being gross and crass.

"Also, you just post a new thread in the section, right? Does it need approval by the mods? Is the first post a rule post or introduction post, or can it go right to the RPing as an introduction to the setting and general idea of the thread?"

Yes, one can go ahead and just post a new thread in this section. New threads are not moderated here, though that may change. I won't say it's mandatory but it's strongly suggested at this point that you PM me with your text just so I can take a look and see that there's nothing major I think you've left out.

The first post should probably explain at least somewhat the rules... Are you just going to play purely freeform, or are you going to be GMing - with or without dice - and if so, how much? Are there strategy/competitive aspects like The Hidden Palace or is everyone just writing a cooperative story? What is the setting like? What kind of players are you looking for and roughly how many? Links to inspiration pics, backstory, etc., whatever, all up front. You can always then either add on to the bottom of your post divided somehow or - I don't mind a double post in this circumstance - post after that with whatever your first character post is, jumping straight into the roleplay. I think the exception to this would be solos and one-on-one RPs that the participants have arranged amongst themselves... but you should make that clear in a little ((OOC)) text somewhere on the first post and subject line anyway just so folks don't try to jump in with their own characters where they're not supposed to.

~*~

I'm really glad to see everyone so excited! I am too! I can't wait for us to get started. I may hack together some basic thoughts for a steampunkish/Dark Towerish/SCIENCE!!!/pistols and brass kinda thingie within the next few days. Steampunk Inspiration!

~*~

Infernal requested some sort of character database thread, and I think rather than putting it all in one thread, which tends to get kinda clunky and hard to find stuff in, we can do it on the wiki...

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...S2CRPCharacters

I've set up that section with just a real basic navigation and such. We can polish it up and make it shinier later if need be.

If you take a look at the M page you'll see an example entry there for a character from my story. You can put a picture or not (thanks to Delphy for making that work!) and all the formatting and stuff and junk is done automagically. You just have to fill in the blanks. You can edit that page and copy my original text for Merun to do your own. Please note the little info stuffs on adding new entries on the first page - spam and be hit with a broom.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#96 Old 23rd May 2007 at 11:46 AM
I'm a little late, but the pirates one sounds like a lot of fun. =D
(especially if one or two ninjas happened to be incorporated...>_> <_<)

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 23rd May 2007 at 11:57 AM
Ahh man I wish this had been up before I posted my contest, I was looking for feedback on it and whatnot. Since I'll be hosting one, I would love to participate. And I like a lot of the ideas, and HP the steampunk one sounds fun!

ETA and now I wish it weren't in the contest section but oh well....*shrugs*

See how crazy all your fellow simmers are! The MTS2 Community Neighborhood
#98 Old 23rd May 2007 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Derange: Post apocalyptic ftw!

Ok, I think Im going to have to add that to my sig ... all you people be usin da phrase I brought round here**

And thanks for the thumbs up HP

**BTW, Since no one seems to have a sense of humor around here, and takes everything way too seriously... I was joking :smash:
#99 Old 23rd May 2007 at 1:47 PM
infernal you never brought it here, just people had the decensy not to spam it in everywhere.
#100 Old 23rd May 2007 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SwiftSign
infernal you never brought it here, just people had the decensy not to spam it in everywhere.

Says you And Im not spamming it, I just have it on all my avatars

BTW, Contest is up, but I'd love to here any suggestions about it.

Page 4 of 31