Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 1:53 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Update
is there an update fo ts3 that i dont know about?

i tried to install something and it told me i don't have the latest software.

my Version is 1.69.43.024017

has there been something else since then? and if so, why didn't I get a notice in my launcher? I thought it always show up in the launcher that there's an update.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 6:23 AM
There hasn’t been an update no, but there was a point where the updates were not just one update but it updated all the EP’s and SP’s individually. The launcher didn’t always get all those for me so I always used this http://modthesims.info/d/409829/the...downloader.html to check. Or you could use the superpatch, that should make sure all the updates are good.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 4:02 PM
Er no, the SuperPatcher should never be used on Origin controlled 1.69 installs. It is meant for retail disc and other installs that are not controlled by Origin to bring them up to 1.67 and to correct what could be incomplete Launcher driven 1.67 patching; if run when the player is on 1.69 it will try to downpatch and will tend to break the game install entirely. I think the much older individual pack patches are okay, but those aren't usually all that critical. They mostly fixed the appearance of some of the packs' assets.

As to the error at hand, what kind of content is this? It could be looking for the store patches, those are different, but 1.69 is supposed to have taken care of those automatically as well. Might there be any store content or EPs that are required for the content to work but are missing/not loading? Can other players seem to make the content work at all?
Instructor
#4 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 8:40 PM
Right I forget the superpatcher is 1.67 not 1.69. I do remember the store updates but I seem to recall opening the launcher warned about those, but it has been a while and I did avoid the launcher like the plague. The individual patches were the only thing I could think of because I did get that warning when they weren’t fully updated. I thought the warning for missing content was different but as I said it has been a while and I never pulled much off the exchange anyway. Hopefully they pop back in with what the content was they were trying to use.