Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#51 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 9:25 PM
Turning your PC off with your... hands?! I use my nose, like a civilised person!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 7:40 PM
As a first-time submitter only just yesterday, I wanted you & your peeps to know I found the entire process very straightforward, very detailed, and fairly simple. I did end up making a slight goof with my submission, but received prompt and pleasant feedback alerting me and found the step I needed to take to correct my goof exceedingly simple and painless. Although I have no experience with the old process, the new process rocks IMHO. Thanks for making things better and making this site a great place to be!

~ X
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#53 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 10:01 AM
Just a heads up to everybody - I've adjusted the showthread page so that when you tick the "I have finished changes and await a review" box, it now hides the checkboxes and displays a message that it will be reviewed.

Lab Assistant
#54 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 9:57 AM
Thanks for the update This will make the process easier.

**No Requests**
Not actually evil.
#55 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 2:29 AM
I noticed that now when I hit "I'm ready for review", I get an acknowledgement screen saying someone will review my stuff. Yay! That's exactly what I wanted. Much better than it was before, thank you!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#56 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 3:35 AM
can i downlode some thing that says sims 2 to sims 2 pets?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#57 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 10:42 AM
dcd15, what has your posts got to do with the context and content of this thread? I'll tell you - absolutely nothing. In future, please read the thread before replying and go to the Game Help section.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#58 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 12:31 PM
dabrooklynboi, thats becuase you have "Use old-style thread view for downloads" ticked in User Tools -> Edit Options.

This is outdated now - especially with all the new changes to the moderation screen. You also miss out on things like EP markers, recolour lists, mesh lists, thanks filtering and a bunch of other stuff.

Meet Me In My Next Life
#59 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 8:55 PM Last edited by Simonut : 21st Jul 2008 at 9:49 PM.
Hello Delphy, Hope all is good Ok here what I would like to know please, when the staff send you a link to edit your upload for approval or that you need more work, and to tick the box for I am ready for you to review again. When I go into Manage Attachments to remove and add what is new for ( pictures ) I had to do my rar files over like new pictures and some touches within the inside of the lot. The problem is I could not find "Add Full Image Inline To Post." so that I could remove the old one and add the new one since I did a whole new rar file. Not there in Manage Attachments.

Right now the old one is still there within the write up link Althose it still look the same as the new one I wanted to add the change. I have already tick the box for review again. But I would like for the lot picture to show up above my text first. When I finish the editing everything was there, but where the picture should go that I wanted above the text it was empty with a Red X in the box.

What should I do to add the new Add Full Image Inline to post, so that I can remove the old one or will it matter since they both look the same? Or will the numbers for it be different? What should I do ? Thanks for your time I hope I am making sense here.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#60 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 10:45 PM
Simonut,

you can always add pictures manually: copy the URL of the pic you want (e.g. "https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/1/7/8/2/8/2/MTS2_plasticbox_788639_NewbieRoad_134_TopDown-1.jpg" -- the one that starts with "MTS2_$username", NOT the one that goes "MTS2_thumb_etc"), then add an IMG tag with Insert Image (the little postcard icon above the text field when you edit your post) and paste that URL.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#61 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 9:21 AM
Add Full Inline Image is something that is only within the Upload Wizard - it's nowhere else on the site. Hence why you couldn't find it. So you'll need to follow the instructions given by pb

Field Researcher
#62 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
dabrooklynboi, thats becuase you have "Use old-style thread view for downloads" ticked in User Tools -> Edit Options.

This is outdated now - especially with all the new changes to the moderation screen. You also miss out on things like EP markers, recolour lists, mesh lists, thanks filtering and a bunch of other stuff.

I had mine on old style... >_< doh, thanks for clearing that up... And by the way, things look a lot better now i've taken that off! Thanks!

=^.^= Treacherous Kitten =^.^=

*Life is like a box of chocolates, sometimes it's squidgy & sometimes it's nuts, most of the time it's nuts*
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 8:11 PM
''On the thread screen, you now see a list of the Changes Required reasons appearing above the download text.''

Ok im well confused. Normally if the thing im uploading gets rejected my initial responce is to just resubmit that thing through the normal 'Upload your creations here' . So basicly from step 1 again.

I dont get this whole being able to review it as Ive never been able to look back on something if you have denyed it, so in theory it just gets deleted and i am told about changed that need to be made then do the changes that resubit it again like its a new project.

So I dont really know where any of these changes take place in the moderation queue.

Life is a curious game..
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#64 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 9:15 PM
sinniti, this entire thing is talking about the changes required part of moderation, not the rejection part - hence the title and the first post.

In other news, we've added a "Suggestions" box that allows moderators to seperate out "helpful hints and suggestions" from actual mandatory changes, and reworded things somewhat.

Scholar
#65 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 8:50 PM
Hmmm...I did go through this when uploading a set recently, I had to fix my snapshots, which I did, and then I ticked off that it's ready to be reviewed by a moderator and everything, and I haven't heard anything after that for 5 days now...is this normal?

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Scholar
#66 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 5:09 AM
I'm completely confused as well, but that's nothing new for me! I just hope the new changes mean I can talk to somebody through PM if dealing with a Changes Required sim. I got so confused during one submission about what exactly I needed to fix that I gave up in mental exhaustiong! LOL! Anyway, thanks for always trying to make communication better here. I do appreciate it how you folks are always trying to make this place more efficient and organized.

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#67 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 10:27 AM
summersong, no, the new changes mean you can talk to somebody via the Other box - I think you'll find it's much more streamlined now.

Meet Me In My Next Life
#68 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 8:34 PM Last edited by Simonut : 2nd Aug 2008 at 7:24 AM.
Hello, I have a simple question please, Why is it I am showing so much more downloads, but it is not showing up in the the Graph chart? for July 31 and August 1 thank for your time and quick reply. Sorry to bother you Delphy, I found out I should have posted this in the section for "Site Issues" and so I did, after going there I see other members are having the same problems. Lol One day I will learn where to get around at on this site Here is hoping it will be fix soon. thank again.
Test Subject
#69 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 3:47 AM
Like much people who has post in this thread I want to thank you for this update.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 12:27 AM Last edited by ead425 : 7th Aug 2008 at 12:28 AM. Reason: spelling
I like the idea, however, what happens if you don't make it to moderation queue? Like my sets that were rejected because they wanted them to go into creator feedback. (The sets were Modern Orient Bedroom-chalet breeze, Modern Orient Livingroom - chalet breeze and Modern Orient bath-chalet breeze) I combine them into one creator feedback posting, waiting 19 days before getting anytype of response, finally contactor Hysterical Paroxysm and she looked into them and approved them. I uploaded the living room and bath the same day she approved them, but due to a glitch on my end I had to redo the screenshots for the bedroom which I then upload the sets the following day. The next day they were rejected again because they had to go thru creator feedback. Meanwhile I had already put another set (New Haven Bedroom-Sping into creator feedback, which I am still waiting for feedback or approval to upload, it has now been 9 days. No I won't complain frustratingly...but I really don't think this system is working???????/

visit my site: http//www.veradsplace.com

God Bless
ead425
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#71 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 12:49 PM
The system itself works fine - Creator Feedback is totally seperate from the moderation queue and there are no guarantees or limits on the amount of time that you can wait for responses there - it's not part of the queue.

Field Researcher
#72 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 5:08 PM
Thank you for your response Delphy.

visit my site: http//www.veradsplace.com

God Bless
ead425
Test Subject
#73 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 6:22 PM
Yay! now I can upload recolors of MTS2 downloaded meshes and not have to worry too much about "please indicate what Maxis item this is a recolor of! (which is why I have not uploaded anything yet.)
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#74 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 5:56 PM
Better innovate something to speed up moderators.

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#75 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 7:23 PM
Thats... not very helpful Ailias. (And off topic, too). This system is designed to help feedback between creators and staff, hence will actually speed up the system in some ways. You can't just "speed" people up - we already have guidelines on how long things take. Be patient.

Page 3 of 4