Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
just a girl
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 3:46 PM
Default Is there a way to customize dialog texts for resurrection or blind date payment dialogs?
I want to utilize resurrection or blind date dialog for choosing amounts of money, but can't figure out a way to change text strings. I start to suspect they're somewhat hardcoded, but I really hope someone knows a way.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 12:01 AM
You've found the right type of dialog for that ? Which one did you choose ? Is it "Dating Services" (1F) ? If I knew, I could try to help you.
Anyway, the string of a dialog is number 12D (but you seem to know already)

Edit :
Don't forget to tick the right STR# : private ? semi-global ? global ? (I would have chose private).

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
just a girl
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 8:31 AM
Yes, I tried Dating Services and Resurrectonomitron (1B). They don't seem to look at pointed strings at all (I use the wizard).
I also tried the one for ordering food, but that one didn't show amount of money, so above two seem more convenient so far.
Instructor
#4 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Yes, I tried Dating Services and Resurrectonomitron (1B). They don't seem to look at pointed strings at all (I use the wizard).
I also tried the one for ordering food, but that one didn't show amount of money, so above two seem more convenient so far.

I've had the same problem with a project of mine. The dialogs seem to use the sim string (My object). So I used the Run Tree by name, so that the references could be different (My object and perhaps stack object). It works for some, not for all. Once, I just opened then resaved it, and it worked. I think the wizard don't work sometimes, you have to change the operands themselves.
It's just suggestions, you'll have to test a few times.
I'll try on my own if I have time.

just a girl
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 8:55 PM
Let me clarify about that RTBN trick. Are you saying that you were able to change texts for one of these dialogs (Dating Services or Resurrectonomitron) or some other dialogs?
Instructor
#6 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 9:21 PM Last edited by ankoyume : 20th Oct 2017 at 5:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Let me clarify about that RTBN trick. Are you saying that you were able to change texts for one of these dialogs (Dating Services or Resurrectonomitron) or some other dialogs?

No ! It would have been THE solution. Unfortunately, it was another one, but I was thinking that it might the same "referencing" problem.

Edit : I've tried dates service by curiosity. My solution doesn't apply at all. The texts doesn't change at all. I've tried to find the string and couldn't. After some research and testing, in my opinion, it can't be changed. The solution might be in the LUA, and it is hard to change. I know only of Chris Hatch to be able to change LUAs (I think I remember him saying it, but I could have made a mistake)

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 3:00 AM
why dont you use the refrigerator dialog like insimenator does instead?
just a girl
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 4:55 AM
@gdayars, the one that appears when you buy groceries? It doesn't show correct amount in numbers for some reason. When I drag a bar, numbers go from 1 to 2. In other words, I failed to make this dialog usable and I'm not sure why.
just a girl
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 4:31 PM
This topic needs closure, so here goes.
I found a way to change the resurrection dialog text. Hunted it down to the program files =) It's in UItext and it can be modded without replacing the core file itself (yay).
And thanks, gdayars, I peeked into Insimenator and figured out what I did wrong with the food one.
Now if only it was easy for the game to manage large numbers above 32767...