Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1795
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 2174 (Who?), Viewed: 95918 times.
Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2018, 10:08 PM #2151
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

I think my exam went well...?
It was "Pick 3 of the following 6 questions" - I knew the general answer to every single question, but it was hard to work out which ones I would be able to write a whole page about. It was suppose to take around an hour - I got it done about 5-10 minutes per question. My mind kept going blank to words. I get that a lot lately. Even outside of stressful situations; such as texting or writing a post on MTS. So my writing style was a little everywhere.
The second part of the exam was also an hour long. You have the choice of 2 case studies, and have to write up a formulation and intervention. That wasn't so bad, but I hate limiting myself to one type of intervention. If I was a therapist I'd take little bits from various approaches. I think the first half of this went really well. I'm really good with formulation. The intervention was a little here and there. I ended up choosing ACT (Acceptance & Commitment therapy). Although after the exam I was talking to my friend, and she mentioned a point that would've been EXCELLENT. I thought "crap! Why didn't I think of that?" only after the exam did it occur to me that I probably should've structured the second half of the essay the same way I addressed the first... ah well..

Next exam is in T-Minus 159 hours. *Gulp*!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old 15th May 2018, 11:44 PM #2152
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Currently waiting out a thunderstorm. Can't play games until the storm passes. The storm shook the house pretty badly.

So it's been a day. We've been having warm weather, so the storm was inevitable.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 16th May 2018 at 12:03 AM.
Old 16th May 2018, 4:17 AM #2153
HarVee
Original Poster

Alchemist

5 Achievements

It's been rainy with thunderstorms here too.

Anyway, I'm feeling really gassy. I need some lemon juice to combat this, but I've none here. To woe is me.

Quote:
"Towards the end of any culture, you have the second or third generation that steps into the culture, which is so far from the origination, it's the impression of what's real, but it's not the full definition of what's real. It's just cheesy. [emphasis added]" (Lyle Owerko, 2010)
Old 16th May 2018, 5:48 AM #2154
haywud
Top Secret Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAQUEEN
So it's been a day.
Well days usually are a day aren't they?

Anyway, how am I? I am, that's how. I am what? Well, something I'm sure. I'm not nothing, though I am a big nothing. So I tried talking to someone earlier about a few things, but it seems I wasn't listening. Talking to myself you say? Why no, I was simply talking to the other person in the room. I don't know, maybe I'm going crazy, or maybe I'm already there. I tried looking up the signs online, but I just got lost trying to follow them. Maybe I'm bad at directions? Someone I've been talking to tells me I'm smart, then again I don't have built in internet connection or apps so I don't think I can agree with that. Well anyway I better get to sleep, or maybe sleep needs to get to me? I would say that I was going to bed, but I don't know where that is. I could look up directions, but I might get lost again.

Oh and before you even talk about how I'm not making sense, well I have to agree because I'm not a good craftsman so I'm not good at creating things.
Old 16th May 2018, 12:21 PM #2155
Gargoyle Cat
Theorist

1 Achievements

It isn't humid and hot outside, so that's a thing.

I need a project to do, but I don't know what I want to do. First world problems. Phlearn has been doing live streams for the past few days. Maybe I'll spend some real time in Photoshop and learn something.

There's no rest for the wicked
Electronic Arts- Can't spell steal without EA. ~ Mike Murphree~
Old 16th May 2018, 3:54 PM #2156
Hamishmc
Test Subject

Feeling fine. A lovely day outside in Scotland. I just fixed a holiday with relatives who have invited me to stay and enjoying my new computer, though having to download loads of Origin games again. I'm looking forward to the Royal marriage on Saturday.
Old 16th May 2018, 4:40 PM #2157
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

I'm on question 47 now of 55. All I have to do is answer the remaining questions, and then print them out and revise from them for the next 6 days. Hopefully I'll remember all the answers, this time I should only really have about 10 pages to study, instead of 70 so I should be able to manage it.

Old 16th May 2018, 8:08 PM #2158
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Not much has happened today. I woke from a dream I was baking something. Ending up baking cheddar garlic biscuits. The weather is soggy, I didn't have a chance to make phone calls for doctors, my case workers or anything else that needed to be addressed. My cat Gemini begs at the backdoor to be let outside. She hates rain and I tell her "I can't make it stop!"

Biggest joke today was "Cats who work the neighborhood." Cats in general know no loyalties beyond who has the best food. There's a picture going around the internet of a cat with "thumbs" and a dopey look on his face called "Lester". He was labeled as "The cat everyone in the neighborhood knows, but everyone has no idea who in the neighborhood he belongs to."

My father and I are considering writing our state Congressional Representative for a number of improvements to government. Although I feel I may be lacking in capability, because my father had a better education when it came to understanding government. Where I grew up, the subject matter of government was extremely bare bones. Some may blame the tax situation of people without kids not paying for something they don't have, others would blame the public projects of infrastructure due to the Alaska Way Viaduct being deemed unstable in the event of a quake strong enough to break it. Actually, I was never given a straight answer on why my education was lacking. But I believe that I should set change for those in my situation in motion.

But otherwise, I found my day to have gone partially unfulfilled. I'm currently sitting in the dark during a soggy Wednesday afternoon around 3:00PM watching "The Office" (U.S. Edition) realizing I have not written a letter of petition nor have I called to schedule or reschedule certain appointments. But I did enjoy a warm batch of cheddar garlic biscuits.

Old 16th May 2018, 9:25 PM #2159
xxsimsforeverxx
Test Subject

My anxiety is acting up a bit, but other than that, pretty good.
Old 17th May 2018, 12:31 AM #2160
sailorleontine6
Field Researcher

i'm doing good

however i'm still not tired and it's 1:31AM at night
not an hour ago i decided to build a house on the sims 2 and it only took 30 minutes to get the lot done

i got it worse though because a couple of years ago i tried to build the all in one in public (such as pet shopping, clothes shopping, party's and however)
i tried to build a water and also a swimming pool for the sims i also tried to build a playground for the kids

but after i was done the half of the building, my sims started to get slowly and it got bad to worse, and when i was finally done with the building and tried to saved it up
the sims stopped working and quit it itself (i was started the game up and you might get the result there already because the building was pretty much empty so i knew what that means, it didn't got saved so i gived up)

i learned from that mistake not to build the public all in one thing anymore!
it was from years ago when this sh!t happened to me but i can still remember this stuff correctly (it took me forever to get this public all in one thing done)
Old 17th May 2018, 1:12 PM #2161
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

Hi my name's Cassie and I just spent £12 on imported Jell-o pudding from America.

Old 17th May 2018, 7:42 PM #2162
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Jell-O pudding in the US is usually worth about a couple dollars...

But I was able to make some phone calls and got things rolling. I have yet to talk with my case worker at the agency and I have a second letter of petition to write, but they'll replace the recommendation papers that my father somehow threw out. (The papers were for dermatology and podiatry appointments, nothing too exciting.)

I also received a tie rack for my 10-13 neckties. I would wear neckties more often, but

1.) I don't go to a school requiring it as part of the dress code.
2.) I don't work at an office.

Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 17th May 2018 at 8:00 PM.
Old 17th May 2018, 10:26 PM #2163
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

Quote:
Jell-O pudding in the US is usually worth about a couple dollars...

I got one box of: banana cream, Oreo, chocolate, milk chocolate and vanilla. The rest was postage.
I had a real craving for pudding. I've never had it before and don't fully understand what it is. I imagine it's like flavoured custard... Or chocolate yogurt. Either way I'm tired of not getting it when I'm in America. So I brought it to me instead.

I forgot to mail an important package today. Nor did I get my glasses fixed like I was suppose to. Family came round and then I was busy at uni finishing those questions and printing them to study from.

Old 18th May 2018, 4:43 AM #2164
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Achy. Tired. A bit feverish. I caught the same thing my parents got.

Had a fever dream where the man of my dreams was keeping me comfortable as he helped symptomatically treat my virus. When he said "I love you" to me, I told him to not say that, because I don't want to rush into things (I am acting rational in a fever dream...yep, I am not my best).

Gemini is hogging my pillow and snoring. We only had a few cats who snored, usually because they had no teeth. Did I mention Sylvia, my Bombay-Burmese mix used to drool because of her lack of teeth? It didn't hold her back from gnawing on sides of beef when Dad had steak.

I remembered my Norwegian Forest Cat mixes. Fox, the younger sister was pretty smart, she could nod or shake her head yes or no. She also had a clear bell-like meow. Her older sister Socks wasn't as bright. She slipped on some circulars from the paper on the table and in her jump, face planted into the side of the fridge. Her meow was deep and had a braying tone. They had the same mother, but the mother wandered and came back pregnant. Our family friend Todd was kind enough to let us have a kitten from each litter. We didn't get much mileage out of them. (Both were born in 2003, Socks in May and Fox in October. Fox turned out to have a rather ravaging form of leukemia and she was put down December 3, 2011. Socks died from intestinal cancer April 15, 2016.) In the end, I just have Gemini, who is a whiny, spoiled brat who probably heard as a kitten among other cats that cats were gods amongst mammals and is taking delight in my misery.

Old 18th May 2018, 7:31 AM #2165
haywud
Top Secret Researcher

i found a few images online that seem pretty appropriate...

You can call me the Madgod, though I'm not a god, and I'm not mad though maybe a little upset. Now won't ya join me for some cheese? No? What do you mean you don't like cheese!?
Old 18th May 2018, 2:49 PM #2166
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

@haywud you need to delete some PMs so I can reply to you!!

My day was okay. Brushing my teeth looked like a massacre -no pain, just a lot of blood. So I've had to start using special mouthwash. I think it's stress related to be honest. I've been revising for my exams and playing Sims. The back doors open so I can hear the cows and sheep in the field behind us.

Old 18th May 2018, 8:46 PM #2167
haywud
Top Secret Researcher

@Bigsimsfan12 oops sorry, seems i haven't deleted anything in forever though should be all good now! it's completely empty so that should last another year or so

i found a pc version of an old online Sega Dreamcast game i played to death back in the early 2000's so that's really cool, and when i say played to death i mean i killed my original Dreamcast playing it so much and also probably killed my original Gamecube because of that game too. might update this later, though right now i'm too lazy to bother saying anything more

You can call me the Madgod, though I'm not a god, and I'm not mad though maybe a little upset. Now won't ya join me for some cheese? No? What do you mean you don't like cheese!?
Old 18th May 2018, 10:49 PM #2168
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Well, the aches and fatigue are gone, but I have seasonal allergies.

There's a viral video of a tree getting clouds of pollen knocked out of it by a construction vehicle. That was painful to watch as I heard somebody shouting "Backing up! Backing up!" in the back of my mind as the vehicle attempted to speed away from the clouds of pollen.

I also colored my hair again, same setup (pink bangs and green everywhere on my head of hair). Maybe next time I go shopping, I'll choose a different color. Been meaning to color my hair bright cherry red once I get my hair past my breasts. For now, I probably will color my hair green with pink bangs until I run out of the color conditioner, both weekly and daily.

It's weird how I feel better one way, but feel like I got run over because I live close to forested areas. I am allergic to tree, grass and flower pollens and I am trapped inside today due to changing weather.

Once I run out of the conditioners I currently have, I may bleach my entire head of hair out to give the full effect for whatever color I choose for my next coloring.

Right now, I still have brown patches and my hair is that shade of brown one might associate with black coffee, dripped directly into the mug or cup before it's customized. So, it's a nightmare to process. Also, my hair is on the thick side. Really strong, but not strong enough to let someone take a climb. Again, a nightmare because I need to make double or triple the bleach formula to fully cover the spots I missed.

Yes, I have been taking biotin, why do you ask?

Then again, I am adept at the chemistry of hair bleaching and hair coloring. Been doing this since 2000.

I may have to re-learn Mexican Spanish if I don't get the permissions on the first try and would need to request from the manufacturer for a sample of their products before my father and I decide to work on a sushi restaurant with experienced industry veterans and utilize high tech for ordering. The reason is we need to account for our options and that will involve how many banks of industrial rice cookers are required. Our house specialty is rainbow roll served in a mix of 8 colored rice, 7 of which are from the Mexican firm Guval Foods and come in vivid Rainbow colors.

Argh! No wonder I'm tired! I have been left in charge of a joint project my father and I started together. I just hope he finishes training his trainee and gets 2 days off a week soon. I really can't plan a restaurant by myself. I can input concepts into the OneNote app on my phone, but I would need his approval also because we're working on it together.

Yes, I worry of spreading myself thin, what with our secure AI movement group Pandora's Lock, my safety net in game programming if I am deemed unable to work, the sushi restaurant in the aforementioned paragraphs. I probably need to step back and take a breather before I start crying from exhaustion.

Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Yesterday at 12:15 AM.
Old Yesterday, 9:56 AM #2169
sailorleontine6
Field Researcher

i'm doing okay,

i just recently end up my friendship with my old best friend with a letter
it was kinda hard to do but we haven't speak to each other in 3 years and 3 months

i just hope it will come to her right address (street) so she could see what i wrote!

i did this to my other old friend before, i had to hear from someone else what he was saying about me and it isn't something good though,
i guess me and him are on the same level what we are thinking about each other,

3 quidance of mine already know about me end up a friendship and 1 quidance asked if this is what i wanted,
of course i want that, i want what's best for each other and since we grew out to each other i want to make an end to that

by the way: my birthday is coming up soon and i'm gonna be 21 in 3 days so that means i need to move past that and leave it all behind me and move on
that's kinda the reason why i want to end up a friendship with her
Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM #2170
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

3 days until the exam. I really need to get my head in gear. This one's only 11 pages of notes.

Also pudding arrived in the post. Yay!

Old Today, 12:06 AM #2171
sailorleontine6
Field Researcher

meh i'm doing okay

my mom got mad about me end up a friendship to someone i knew for a very long time
i can't seems to let the past (when it comes to old friendships) go so my mom got mad i still couldn't move on at all
and my mom is afraid my old best friend is gonna involve the whole family just because of the letter i wrote (ik she's a bitchy type and get's angry in 1 simple of things what she did wrong but i don't think she's gonna invite her whole family in, i'm pretty sure about that because her whole family deleted me, my sister and my mom from social media before this was happening)

i already put the letter in the mailbox 1 day before my mom picked me up so it's too late to change my mind now
and even when my mom is telling me not to put the letter in the mailbox or even started typing something i needed to say to my old best friend
but it won't change my mind at all since i think i can solve this by writing a letter on the computer (me and her aren't talking to each other for 3 years and 3 months now already and i deleted her on social media 2 years or so ago)

now hopefully it comes to the right adress since i overheard she might moved out already (i had to find out from my sister)
i still did knew where her mother lives since i found out 3 months ago her mom was still living in an apartment (without my friend's name this time)
oh well maybe she can scratch the wrong adress and write the right adress so it comes to the right adress eventually
Old Today, 5:01 AM #2172
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Sometimes I lie awake and feel kind of jealous for couples who are at the point of sharing a bed and can talk things out if one of them wakes up. Because of past experiences and my social anxiety, I'm 30 and I have yet to make any friends of any sort.

Either way, any talking to anyone in the middle of the night requires falling back asleep and internalizing talk of any sort.

Usually, when awake, I count the popped nails in the ceiling or look at the window at the darkness.

So, feeling lonely and having doubts.

Old Today, 6:33 AM #2173
haywud
Top Secret Researcher

Quote:
So, feeling lonely and having doubts.
well join the party. all i do lately is feel alone and i doubt basically everything. no one understands. i'm 100% positive that there isn't one person that fully understands how i feel or why i feel the way that i do. whenever i try and explain it i get replies that just make me feel weak and pathetic, it's like to them it should be so easy for me to escape this but they don't know how i feel or what i'm going through. i mean hell try explaining to most people what it feels like to go your entire life alone, they don't understand how crippling of a feeling it is for me. i guess i have to somehow accept that this is just my life, and this is all it will ever be because i know it isn't going to change because i no longer have it in me to make it change

i'm hiding this part under a spoiler tag because of profanity. it's how i'm really feeling right now, it's not going to be pretty, and you have been warned

Old Today, 10:42 AM #2174
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

Quote:
Sometimes I lie awake and feel kind of jealous for couples who are at the point of sharing a bed and can talk things out if one of them wakes up.

I am jealous of people who get to sleep alone.

The boyfriend woke up several times last night when my insomnia was on the verge of finally letting me sleep. Aside from the cute cuddling me and saying "thank you for loving me" he also came out with "What are we doing with the broccoli?", "Sorry I didn't mean to surprise you" and "where's it gone?!" While sitting up in bed and frantically searching for a moment before telling me to stop talking and falling back alseep. Also he scratched me with his toenail. Grrrrr. At least he's cute.

I didn't even get some good shut eye in when he went to work at 7:30. Stupid exam, I thought it was the 19th today! I've somehow lost a whole day. I don't know enough, everyone else will get a good grade because it's such an easy exam and I'm going to get a bad grade because I currently have a memory like a sieve. It's funny, because one of the questions in the exam is about the relationship between insomnia, depression, concentration and memory

Old Today, 11:47 AM #2175
RicoSuavecito
Lab Assistant

I got my Anime Expo pass today and so jazzed about it. I really don't know I feel about my cosplay though, I may not get recognized but that's ok. I made a chibi fairy on my roomie's bday card and she loved it. I made the perfect Voltron invite for my birthday event and I was pretty pleased with it. I kinda wanted to visit my mom tomorrow so I can take her to see infinity war while my wife and roomie had other events to attend to but she said naw. I might just work instead. One thing is for sure I sure as hell don't want to look at party things because I'm still drained from my wedding last year (so much TROUBLE!). I hope I don't take more than 90 minutes to get ready and eat tomorrow before I do what I have to. Oh what I'd do for a Harvey Wallbanger right now.

Sul Sul!!

Section jump: