Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 3925
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 4389 (Who?), Viewed: 173243 times.
Search this Thread
Old 18th Feb 2019, 4:26 AM #4376
Graveyard Snowflake
Scholar

My right arm is aching and I don't know why. The way I slept last night, probably?

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Old 18th Feb 2019, 4:38 PM #4377
purplestuddedcoffin
Lab Assistant

I need to stop ruminating. It does no good to constantly think about how screwed up I am because of things I can't change.
Old 18th Feb 2019, 5:13 PM #4378
Emmett Brown
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplestuddedcoffin
I need to stop ruminating. It does no good to constantly think about how screwed up I am because of things I can't change.

Yes. That's one of the 6 things you do to stop depression. Ruminating is bad. Find some other way to occupy your mind, like play the sims or read an interesting book.

Sims are better than us.
Old 18th Feb 2019, 5:30 PM #4379
frogz2007
Scholar

1 Achievements

I hate my life
Old 18th Feb 2019, 5:40 PM #4380
PANDAQUEEN
Mad Poster

Today was a creative bust.

My parents were working on a kids' activity book for the restaurant my father is the kitchen manager of (he's below the acting manager "Josh"). Although they got me laughing, we ended up giving up because:

1. Doing an animal story for a BBQ joint activity book seems counterproductive.
2. My parents ended up drawing dicks on the drawing paper.

Being my parents had their shit together in their early 20s and I came along within a 5 year period of meeting, dating, marriage, my conception, my gestation, my birth and my early years...

In no way did they say they'd behave like normal people. But me trying to act sane drives me insane to attempt or feign a normal 31 year old woman. My cat is a better critic than Siskel or Ebert ever were. Then again, cats are a better audience for my works.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 18th Feb 2019 at 5:55 PM.
Old 18th Feb 2019, 6:24 PM #4381
purplestuddedcoffin
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown
Yes. That's one of the 6 things you do to stop depression. Ruminating is bad. Find some other way to occupy your mind, like play the sims or read an interesting book.

Or do drugs I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Trying to be a more healthy person or whatever they call that.

What helps is whenever I feel like doing something crazy I make my sims do it instead . Maybe God is real but they're just as mentally unstable as me.
Old 18th Feb 2019, 7:47 PM #4382
HarVee
Alchemist

5 Achievements

Today was total bullshit. I got told off by one of my siblings and in their ramblings they confirmed one of my suspicions I had about them. They had the audacity to humour me with a sappy monologue that ultimately served no purpose and just beat around the proverbial bush. And so I find out they don't want to be around me because their spouse is putting it into their mind that I'm unstable and psycho. Gah. Why do people turn into cunts when they get married?

Then I spend the day thinking about how my intermediate family has suddenly started taking trips without telling me they're going to until the last minute. So I do some deducting and discover that I'm being bad-mouthed about and that only goes to explain the awkwardness lately. Sucks when you can't literally trust anyone around you. Then to top it off I ended up spending some time pondering about when my mother had the audacity to try and threaten me with admitting me into the hospital again last week.

"Why can't they see they're just like me?
It's the same, it's the same in the whole wide world."

Ministry. "Everyday Is Like Halloween". Twelve Inch Singles. Wax Trax! Records, 1987.
Last edited by HarVee : 18th Feb 2019 at 8:03 PM.
Old 20th Feb 2019, 2:40 AM #4383
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

I've apparently have managed to piss off the computer Gods. My headache from all the monitor drama that happened yesterday finally went away this morning. Just a few minutes ago, the new tower I bought yesterday decided that it did not like me watching Book Tube; I was given death by blue screen. This was after I spent all afternoon trying to figure out why the frick I don't have a screen saver option. When I click on it, I'm told that I don't have that file.

I called the store that I bought this POS that I'm typing from. They said that they would exchange it, awesome! I'm having a bad case of deja-vu. Now I'm wondering that since clearly this tower is screwed up if that is the reason I couldn't get the monitor work yesterday. The frickin' plot thickens. FFS! Now I'm going to uninstall Photoshop, fortunately I haven't installed anything else, remove all my links and pack this POS back into the box it came in, then bring back the Windoze 7 dinosaur which is sitting on my bedroom floor.

I need this like I need another hole in my head. More time spent sitting in the middle of my office floor surrounded by cords, cables and boxes. Yippee!
Old 20th Feb 2019, 5:56 PM #4384
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Years ago my son and I took an overnight trip. While I was there, I bought a new Imac. We went back to the hotel and I played with my toy. I turned it off after just a few minutes and ate dinner. When I turned it back on........nothing. Dead.

The next morning we took it back to the store. I told the sales guy about it and he looked to my son and asked him whether I knew anything about computers. I told him I certainly understood the on/off button. He told my son they would take the computer back, but charge me a restocking fee.

Again, I pulled his attention back to me and told him I wasn't paying a restocking fee for a nonfunctioning computer. He muttered under his breath and went to test it.

He came back and said it was the deadest computer he'd ever seen. This time he addressed that to me.

They exchanged the computer with no further crap.

I'm glad we stayed overnight, cause I would have been really angry if we'd had to go back to return it.

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Old 20th Feb 2019, 6:30 PM #4385
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
Years ago my son and I took an overnight trip. While I was there, I bought a new Imac. We went back to the hotel and I played with my toy. I turned it off after just a few minutes and ate dinner. When I turned it back on........nothing. Dead.

The next morning we took it back to the store. I told the sales guy about it and he looked to my son and asked him whether I knew anything about computers. I told him I certainly understood the on/off button. He told my son they would take the computer back, but charge me a restocking fee.

Again, I pulled his attention back to me and told him I wasn't paying a restocking fee for a nonfunctioning computer. He muttered under his breath and went to test it.

He came back and said it was the deadest computer he'd ever seen. This time he addressed that to me.

They exchanged the computer with no further crap.

I'm glad we stayed overnight, cause I would have been really angry if we'd had to go back to return it.

The store I bought the POS from also likes to charge restocking fees. If they think they're going to play that game with me should they not have a even exchange, they're out of their minds. I was in said store 3 times Monday. No offense to any of them, but I'm really tired of seeing their faces and being in their store. The new sims computer I bought a couple of months ago hasn't given me any grief, at all.

I haven't had these kinds of computer related problems in years. The last time was many, many moons ago when I bought a IBM something or another from Staples. I brought the computer home, hooked it up, turned it on and was given a "The C drive of this system is unstable" message. I shut it down, called the store, boxed everything back up and got another one.

All I want to do is play my game, listen to music or whatever and be left alone. I don't care about sales pitches, being in the store, ect... I pity the person that tries to tell me that the POS I'm returning is 'One of the best' because proverbial flames just might be shot as his or her head.

EDIT: POS has been returned. Since they didn't have another system to exchange it with, I was given a full refund although I was asked repeatedly if I wanted something else. The dinosaur gets to make noise at me for awhile longer. Considering what I've gone through the past couple of days, I'll gladly accept the noise. The noise is normal, all that other stuff, not so much.
Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : Yesterday at 1:05 AM.
Old 20th Feb 2019, 11:36 PM #4386
Emmett Brown
Scholar

This thing where people take advantage of my good nature is so tiresome.

Sims are better than us.
Old Yesterday, 12:01 AM #4387
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

The midwife and the health advisor came round today to have a chat with me, presumably because I'm at risk of depression. They wanted to know what kind of support I had within the family, and it's really disappointing when my answer was pretty much limited to "Adam". Adam argues that his family are technically there, but I guess it kinda feels like they burnt the bridge that time I told them I was pregnant, and they ranted about my parenting skills for over an hour and didn't listen to a damn word I said. Plus Adam hasn't mentioned to his family that I don't want them there at the birth, and that I'm probably going to need a few days after giving birth before I'm ready to see other people... his plan is to just not mention that I'm in labour until after the baby is born, but I feel like that will just irritate them, especially if Adam then says "Don't visit yet". Then that makes me feel like I have to pretend to be ready straight after the birth. But what if I'm not? I'm not a normal person, this whole showing a whole room of strangers my nether regions as something the size of a melon rips through them isn't exactly going to make me want to run around screaming from the rooftops about it like everyone else seems to.

Either way, the midwife is going to keep a close eye on me. She's also said that I don't have to return to work yet if I'm not ready, and that my GP will be more than willing to write me a sick note. THe only problem is... how do you get a sick note because you're afraid to leave the house, if you're afraid to leave the house to get to the GP to be assessed to see if you need the sick note? She has suggested I do try to leave the house, start slow and take the dog for a walk... but I'm due back at work on the 25th, so I have until then to book an appointment, get an appointment, then be brave enough to go. I don't even know why I'm afraid to leave the house. I think I've just reverted back to how it was after Mum died. I barely left the house for 3 years. Only to go to uni. Everywhere else was off-limits unless I was with someone. Wouldn't go anywhere on my own. Also to some extent when it comes to work, everyone knows that my brother's gone. I'm worried of if people will ask me about it, but also if they'll try to avoid the topic. Either way, it makes me feel weird and uneasy. Like everyones aware I'm having a full on mental breakdown either way.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old Yesterday, 1:02 AM #4388
purplestuddedcoffin
Lab Assistant

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO CONFUSING????

I swear, you loved me yesterday but now you hate me? Ugh I get you're practically know for being moody but am I just overanalyzing things? *headdesk*
Old Yesterday, 2:17 AM #4389
Emmett Brown
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplestuddedcoffin
WHY ARE PEOPLE SO CONFUSING????

I swear, you loved me yesterday but now you hate me? Ugh I get you're practically know for being moody but am I just overanalyzing things? *headdesk*

I can relate. The simple thing seems to be to ask "What did I do?" to try and find out if you made some transgression.
That usually is the wrong question and asking it makes things worse. Sometimes, the mood change is totally within the person and they have their own issues.
I learned that if you let it be, the people who are susceptible to such sudden changes in their affinity for you will sort themselves out of your sphere of friends - if you don't marry one of them, that is.
Don't let folks use you like a "yoyo", toying with you with ups and downs.

Sims are better than us.
Old Yesterday, 2:48 AM #4390
purplestuddedcoffin
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown
I can relate. The simple thing seems to be to ask "What did I do?" to try and find out if you made some transgression.
That usually is the wrong question and asking it makes things worse. Sometimes, the mood change is totally within the person and they have their own issues.
I learned that if you let it be, the people who are susceptible to such sudden changes in their affinity for you will sort themselves out of your sphere of friends - if you don't marry one of them, that is.
Don't let folks use you like a "yoyo", toying with you with ups and downs.

Ughhh you're right.

I think when we met they idealized me to the point of maybe even falling in love with me so when they actually got to know me I just didn't live up to their standards, you know

Section jump: