Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1643
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 2204 (Who?), Viewed: 96742 times.
Search this Thread
Old Today, 5:48 AM #2201
Noir Noir
Test Subject

Looking forward to the weekend THB. Have to get some things in order and hopefully will be able to catch up on a movie or two.
Old Today, 12:17 PM #2202
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

This is my first time sitting down and finally eating my breakfast at 12! I've been up since early this morning doing laundry because god forbid nobody else does (yet I do everyone's chores when they can't be bothered and don't want to). Someone left clothes in the dryer so i had to iron everything because it was a crumpled mess. I still have the whole house to declutter, and Ive been on the phone working out my new work schedule now I'm going up hours because I've finished going to uni (even though technically I still go to uni. Just now I have to work it around a 40 hour work week).

The voice in my head is my boyfriend, who stated during our lunch break MONTHS ago that he "does everything in the house" when someone asked if he cooks for me at home. It's been making me angry-cry so much I called him at work to shout at him and he said he was only kidding. I wish he'd be more serious and not make stupid jokes like this when he knows that sometimes I find it hard to get out of bed.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old Today, 2:42 PM #2203
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

[QUOTE=Gargoyle Cat]Sorry about the doctor appointment issues, but I'm glad they caught it. Confirming why you were there in the first place could have eliminated that whole situation.

I did confirm it with the nurse when I walked in. I told her I had an appointment with the doctor for next week, so she needed to draw my labs when she accessed my port. She doesn't like to do that for some reason so when she forgot, I assumed she just didn't want to remember. It had only been a minute between my reminding her and her accessing the port.

In retrospect, I guess she had a lot more going on. I was with her for about six minutes and she made three mistakes, one potentially very harmful. It wouldn't have hurt me except my doctor and I would have had an unproductive visit next week, and he would have been upset with her. The effects for the other person could have been bad, though.

The phlebotomist told me they had to report the error to my doctor and to hospital administration. I don't know what will happen to the nurse, but she was in trouble. I hate that for her.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Old Today, 3:16 PM #2204
Gargoyle Cat
Theorist

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1

I did confirm it with the nurse when I walked in. I told her I had an appointment with the doctor for next week, so she needed to draw my labs when she accessed my port. She doesn't like to do that for some reason so when she forgot, I assumed she just didn't want to remember. It had only been a minute between my reminding her and her accessing the port.

In retrospect, I guess she had a lot more going on. I was with her for about six minutes and she made three mistakes, one potentially very harmful. It wouldn't have hurt me except my doctor and I would have had an unproductive visit next week, and he would have been upset with her. The effects for the other person could have been bad, though.

The phlebotomist told me they had to report the error to my doctor and to hospital administration. I don't know what will happen to the nurse, but she was in trouble. I hate that for her.

That's not what I meant. It should never be a patients' job to inform a nurse or anybody else for that matter why they are there for a appointment. The nurse failed to do her job, that's not on you. She should have been asking you questions and initiating discussion, not the other way around. I don't blame you for being upset. I would have been as well and there would have been a discussion before I left whether they wanted to hear it or not. I understand that this is not everybodies way of dealing with stuff, but from personal experience, if things are allowed to slide, it is assumed that every other issue will also be allowed to slide. If I'm going to be a doormat, it will be because I want to be one, not because somebody thinks I should be one.

If she doesn't like to do things, then maybe she should get out of the field and do something else or go elsewhere within the field. A friend of mine did that. She was ER nurse for years and eventually got burnt out from it. She now works from the administrative side of things which she isn't really happy with, but she's sucking it up and dealing with it.

If you wanted to, you could file a report with your state about her. I've done this twice. Once was over a ER doctor who told me to kill all my pets, the other was for the midwife that delivered my son, or she was supposed to. She was told the leave the room because she had no clue what she was doing and I was on the fast track of having to get a blood transfusion. I'll leave it at that except to say I was at the hospital so it wasn't some random home birth nightmare.

The ER doctor disappeared and the midwife is no longer in the baby business. One report doesn't make these kinds of things happen. There had to be many reports of various problems before people like that go away.

There's no rest for the wicked
Electronic Arts- Can't spell steal without EA. ~ Mike Murphree~
Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : Today at 3:36 PM.
Old Today, 7:25 PM #2205
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Woke up at noon.

Today, I saw my parents for a couple hours and had given them a fix of cat memes they enjoyed.

Simple, but effective to boost their moods

Today, I will probably be resting in bed. Got some aches and other pains.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Today at 7:45 PM.

Section jump: