Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 1:15 AM Last edited by daisylee : 26th Aug 2017 at 4:12 AM.
Default New World WIP Stars Modern Fantasy Who Knows at this Point?
Just because I have zero else to do with 2 other worlds in progress, I have started a new one. I did the height map years ago and finally got it to work. I am not really sure what this world is other than odd! It is a bit fantasy, a bit modern, a bit fairies later perhaps? Any ideas will be appreciated. This is the very starting stage. There is a main island with levels in a star shape and 4 small star shaped islands. I am using subway stations to help with the transportation. I want this to be pretty colorful, strange, fun as I can make it. I want to keep it simple. I don't do custom lighting and so on and do not want to use CC. Let me know. Keep going or have I lost it?

They get scooters on the small islands, maybe. There are some roads on the main one but I do not want to overdo it. Also started an apartment building with 4 units that drops down a level and also goes into the water.

One house WIP, a hangout by the pier, a ferry to an island.

One odd thing is I did raise the water level. Tried to put a port in and could not. !!!!! Tried another place at the same level and it worked. On another island one would not work and I tried again with the lot a different direction. It worked. For some reason it will do ports only in one direction in this world. (?)

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1...9nrCVgQkFKWJ8tL
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 3:16 AM
Sounds really interesting! Could you add your pictures into the post, please? I don't have the Google sign in that the link wants, as best I can remember.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 4:00 AM Last edited by daisylee : 26th Aug 2017 at 5:21 AM.
Will this work? I have set to public.

http://daisyleezzz.imgur.com/

... slowly figuring this out..... and golly I think I have done it. Wonder if blue grass would look too ridiculous? I better try it. Plopping in duplicate houses to check the look. Will tweak them later to add some variety. Getting the overall look figured out now.

I cannot color the front edge of that platform for some reason.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 7:30 PM
Did more last night overall color fiddling and then some trees to see how it looks. Tried too blue and tried too pink and now am mixing colors. I also did a park. Love how it looks at night. This is so odd I like it, I think. Totally different from anything else I have done, other than some fantasy sections on the cruise ship I did.

Whole album with more pics is here: http://daisyleezzz.imgur.com/

Scholar
#5 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:28 PM
Sent you a PM. Love the blended colors! Are you considering finishing off the straight edges with some sort of rail/facade? Roads will be tricky, won't they? The park is great!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 11:28 PM Last edited by daisylee : 26th Aug 2017 at 11:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
Sent you a PM. Love the blended colors! Are you considering finishing off the straight edges with some sort of rail/facade? Roads will be tricky, won't they? The park is great!

Got your message and sent a reply. So far, no railings. You live dangerously here. LOL And Sims will need to be good drivers and not have too much nectar. Working on the farm island now.

[

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 5:41 AM
Did a heck of a lot more work on this today. It was 107 so had the fan on and did more. I will wait to post more pics until I can tell if there is any interest in seeing this or not? Lot of views but no comments except by SimmyRN, so am not sure if you love it, hate it, or just think this is crazy.
Instructor
#8 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 2:17 PM
Hello Daisylee,
I think it would be good to do more planning before working further on the world. The mixture of styles doesnt really work in my eyes. I think its a great idea to give each island a different theme/look but the way it is done now is not ideal. I would suggest focusing on one island at a time, set one theme and work on that until you are happy with it and then move on to other islands. I believe it would also make it easier for us to help you.

As I already said, the mixture of styles looks very strange to me. You have a very straight geometrical lines as a world shape which looks very artificial and would probably suggest a modern world. But from the deco it seems you are more of a fantasy fan? How about making it a mix of modern architecture and fantasy nature? I think that could be very interesting.

I see the world edges as a big problem because of the stratched terrain and "zigzag" edges. Up to me it would be best to cover them with some "walls" which are availaible in CAW.

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 7:48 PM Last edited by daisylee : 28th Aug 2017 at 8:40 PM.
I have done so much at this point I would have to start over but those are good suggestions. Most of the architecture is modern except the farmers who have not updated over the years. Let me post more pics later and you can see more. Most is modern architecture and then there are the fantasy colors and trees. Thank you for this feedback.

Here are a few more pics. Taxi and subway work. A 4 legged resident already. Boats work and look who was sailing! LOL

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 8:45 PM Last edited by daisylee : 28th Aug 2017 at 9:02 PM.
More typical modern house WIP.

I am not sure about the future cars but think I like them. This is to be a strange place. Ragged edges but cannot change them now. I did my modern world Xterra as all modern and very geometric. This is to be totally different and more for fun.

The beach works. And I am adding a smooth landing on each island somewhere for boat taxi access.