Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Prop attachment hack for Movie Making or Story Telling *Update 2006-10-14*

by Jixs Posted 25th Aug 2006 at 4:39 PM - Updated 25th Nov 2010 at 9:20 PM by whiterider

146 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 132 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Field Researcher
#26 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 1:52 AM
Thanks from me too I love the hack.
Field Researcher
#27 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 2:53 AM
this will be a very useful hack! thanks

visit my sims2 site: http://lliella.com
:::everyday fashion for your sims:::
Test Subject
#28 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 5:17 AM
why can't i see the download file, it says: "Please check the rest of the thread for possible files. To see all comments, click here" ... i'm sorry i really want it!!
Inventor
#29 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 6:39 AM
Wounderful yet again Jixs thank you so much
!@_o!

At my final resting place
!@_o!
Test Subject
#30 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 8:42 AM
this is a fantastic hack jix! and it works wonderfully!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 8:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lesliux_04
why can't i see the download file, it says: "Please check the rest of the thread for possible files. To see all comments, click here"

Obviously you didn't even read through the comments, or you would've seen the site link where you could get it

There was a problem with file uploading last night (at least for me) and I accidentally deleted the file but couldn't reupload it. Sorry about that.

The file is back up now so everything should work
Forum Resident
#32 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 9:48 AM
This is just so great!
Thank you so much!

//HB

♥Adam Ant♥
No, I don't take request at the moment
11/7 -09 My beautiful niece was born!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 1:28 PM
Hmm pretty neat...i wonder how you did that flying sim with the gun...also in that same screenshot i saw some intressting neighbourhood prop buildings, are they somewhere here on the site?
Test Subject
#34 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 1:33 PM
Outstanding work!! just wish i had your patience to do something like this, keep up the good work :D
Theorist
#35 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 3:45 PM
Default Bravo!
This is great stuff, and you must have put a lot of work into it! I do hope this item ends up being featured.

I have what is probably a silly question, but when I went to Vampcat's forum I couldn't seem to find the silver gun that the female Sim pictured in the object itself is holding, and that the James Bond like fellow in the screenshot of the two gunmen appear to be holding. Could you point me in the right direction?

Cheers - David
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 4:56 PM
Oh wow! This is amazing, thank you so very much for creating and sharing this with us!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sophie-David
I have what is probably a silly question, but when I went to Vampcat's forum I couldn't seem to find the silver gun that the female Sim pictured in the object itself is holding, and that the James Bond like fellow in the screenshot of the two gunmen appear to be holding. Could you point me in the right direction?

The gun with the silencer at the end (in the 007 pic) is this one: http://www.sims2workshop.com/forums...hp?t=92&start=0

The "silver" gun isn't actually silver It only looks that way because of the grayscale effect on the pic. That gun can be found here: http://www.sims2workshop.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=93
Test Subject
#38 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 8:09 PM
oh yeah ! now i can see it !! thanks !!! :D
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#39 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jixs
Yeah, but not right now. Actually I'd like to add more new meshes, like swords and a flashlight, things like that that's a little more useful than a plunger lol

But, Plunger Man is useless at fighting crime and bad plumbing without his mighty Plunger!

I must say that I really like how easy it is to overlay the pose animations; this is worth every star!

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Theorist
#40 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 4:45 AM
The gun with the silencer at the end (in the 007 pic) is this one: http://www.sims2workshop.com/forums...hp?t=92&start=0

The "silver" gun isn't actually silver It only looks that way because of the grayscale effect on the pic. That gun can be found here: http://www.sims2workshop.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=93
Thank you Jixs!
Test Subject
#41 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 10:45 PM
Hi Jixs! thanks for the hack!
Test Subject
#42 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 6:32 PM
I've said it elsewhere, but I'll say it here: This is an AWESOME hack.
Test Subject
#43 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 8:20 PM
the guns arent appearing is there a reason for this?
apart from the a job well done!

The difference between a good man and a bad man is the choice of cause.
WILLIAM JAMES

Simmers against Paysites.
~Dayle~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#44 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 10:44 AM
Townie, did you go download them from sims2workshop as I instructed?
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 2:12 AM
When i tried to go to the site to download the guns it didn't show up =(. Do you know what why it doesn't work?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 8:19 AM
Hmm, seems like the site is experiencing some technical problems. You'll just have to wait until it's back online again.
Miss Bona Fiscalia
#47 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 10:26 AM
Yay! Thanks. Can't wait to try this out. I saw a movie that used this hack and I couldn't wait to download this. Thanks again.

"Morning, Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain."

Lab Assistant
#48 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 3:08 PM
Thanks again. Your creations are absolutely amazing.

Kiss me in the rain so you can’t see my tears.
I cry to be with you,
But I’m held back by my fears.
Test Subject
#49 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 9:12 PM
Thanks for the italian translation!!!

Visit my website http://drlatasic.altervista.org/
A Star Trek resource for The Sims 2
My creations and links to everything else is available on the web.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 11:18 AM
Yeah, but not right now. Actually I'd like to add more new meshes, like swords and a flashlight, things like that that's a little more useful than a plunger lol

Mmmm. Swords. *Drools* Actually Wintermutaei1 made some holdable swords... which, if I remember rightly, the sim holds in his/her LEFT hand.

I've absolutely no idea if or where these swords are hosted nowadays, nor have I any idea at all whether or not he'd be ok with it, but if you wanted to save yourself the time and effort meshing and just cut straight to the "plugging in", he MIGHT agree to it if asked nicely?

The worst he could say is no, I guess.

I for one would give my back teeth for a holdable palm-corder so I could pretend my simmies are making home movies. Many's the time I've thought about politely posting a request that somebody make a mesh for one, but the problem has always been one of having the sim hold it.

Jixs, IF I were able convince, bribe, cajole, threaten, blackmail and/or seduce a talented and helpful mesher into crafting such an item, is there a possibility that you might add it to the painting?

I'd be ever so grateful.

And more to the point... I already am. Jixs, this hack is absolutely cosmic. Took me a little while to get the hang of using it right - new queued actions removing the accessory and all that - but now I've mastered that little issue, I'm unable to create a household without this painting. It's become universally essential for me.

Thank you very, very much for this. It rocks.
Page 2 of 6