Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 5:11 PM
Default Same Sims walking by home lot repeatedly
A few weeks ago, I deleted most households and homeless townies in the neighborhood and replaced them with Sims I created. Before I deleted them, my home lot would be filled with different Sims walking by, fishing, at the garden, etc. Now, few Sims walk by my home lot. When they do, the game chooses the same Sims to walk by repeatedly, in particular Elder and Child Sims. At night, the lone vampire household I created lurk the streets repeatedly (I don't have a problem with this). The game also prefers to pull from Sims I did not create. Townies generated from the bill collector, food stands, and Cats & Dogs premade households show up more often than the Sims I created.

I tried marking all households as unplayed to see if that would mix things up. No avail. I know there's a mod to randomize Sims appearing on community lots, but is there any mod or solution to randomizing Sims who appear on home lots?

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 6:27 PM
Isn't it more realistic to have certain sims tending to be walking around certain areas?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 7:53 PM
In theory, yes. The way my game does it, the same 8 Sims will walk or jog by, disappear, then immediately come back. Community lots are the same; those same 8 Sims will show up with maybe 1 or 2 different people mixed in. There are 3 elders I see (and that I accidentally dressed in the same color scheme) EVERY SINGLE DAY ALL DAY. Go away Lily, Zelda Mae, and Seki!

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Forum Resident
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 11:26 PM
This mod has been working awesomely for me.

http://modthesims.info/d/557279

Now, if we could only fix the random outfit nonsense.

http://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/bienchens-mods/ - She has a mod where the tourists wear their normal clothes - instead of the floral shirt/shorts/hat combo, and it is nice, but it does not work on the random person who runs around with pantyhouse, the luchador mask and the green st.patrick's day hat. Nor does it work on the funky azz festival outfits. but it is a start.