Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 6:14 PM
Default Mac Custom Content
Hi, I'm new to this forum,

I've recently downloaded the sims 3 back onto my MacBook pro via origin, i tried to instal custom lots because i prefer them to the standard ones but never seem to show on my drop box when i edit town.

i do it the following way,

Downloaded desired lot/lots
Place into Documents/EA/Sims3/Downloads/
Then i launch sims 3 via origin
Once Launcher opens go onto Downloads, Install Lot one at a time (i check the status after and also to see if in installed content)
Close Launcher and ReLaunch Game via origin again
Load Sims 3
Go to New Game
Load Desired location
Edit Town
Click a 64x64 plot
Select Empty Houses

and nothing shows up that I've downloaded,

Anyone on here please help?

Thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 6:19 AM
There is no reason in the world this should work, but many on TS3 for Mac say it gets them past this problem. If you have a Mods folder, pull it out of your user game folder first. Use the Launcher to uninstall your not really there content, install it again, and then put your Mods folder back in place.

If that doesn't do it, or if you don't even have a Mods folder, then I would have to ask if you can Launcher install anything at all -- store content, CC, or is it just lots that are being problematic? Are you certain that the lot files are actually in sims3pack format and not something else?